Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here.
There’s just no benefit for him to make such comments at this point. Other than calming the worrywarts. He can say all the right things once we draft him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 12:04 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: If you want to go #1 and are more than likely going to go #1 and you know who is drafting #1, saying things such as "I WANT TO BE A BENGAL AND HELP TURN THIS TEAM INTO A WINNER" goes a long way to and show confidence as a player. 

How Burrow is acting and who he brought in to help train him, all players who have negative things to say about the Bengals, is telling a different story and that is not good IMO. Baker Mayfield said the right things before he got drafted. Burrow isn't saying those things, so why should I be all in as a fan on a player who isn't all in on the team most likely to draft him. 

I don't want Joe Burrow following any example of Baker Mayfield's.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
At this point, I would think if he was fully against coming to Cincinnati ( like full Elway / Eli mode ) he would have made a public statement by now. Bengals will never be given enough for the pick. He will be draft 1OA to the Bengals. Only real question is what happens next?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: I don't want Joe Burrow following any example of Baker Mayfield's.

Except breaking the rookie TD record...

That I’d be ok with.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 12:04 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: If you want to go #1 and are more than likely going to go #1 and you know who is drafting #1, saying things such as "I WANT TO BE A BENGAL AND HELP TURN THIS TEAM INTO A WINNER" goes a long way to and show confidence as a player. 

How Burrow is acting and who he brought in to help train him, all players who have negative things to say about the Bengals, is telling a different story and that is not good IMO. Baker Mayfield said the right things before he got drafted. Burrow isn't saying those things, so why should I be all in as a fan on a player who isn't all in on the team most likely to draft him. 

Why would he publicly commit to the Bengals if there is a chance (albeit a small one) that the Bengals trade the pick?  Talk about an awkward meeting between Burrow and his new team.

Nothing is set in stone 3 months out.  So why put his foot in the mouth?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except breaking the rookie TD record...

That I’d be ok with.

Yeah... Especially to take it away from him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s just no benefit for him to make such comments at this point. Other than calming the worrywarts. He can say all the right things once we draft him.

Yep... And it's like Benton said; what if he somehow ends up somewhere else? I guarantee that on draft night if we take him he will say how he's excited about the challenge of turning it around and blah blah blah.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except breaking the rookie TD record...

That I’d be ok with.

I be more ok if he follows in Andy's rookie year.. take us to the playoffs baby
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 12:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I be more ok if he follows in Andy's rookie year.. take us to the playoffs baby

Just don’t shit the bed once you get there!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 09:40 PM)Benton Wrote: Ok. And if the Bengals end up trading the foa to another team,then he looks like a colossal idiot who got snubbed by the worst team in 2019.

Dan Patrick said on his show that Burrow should just come straight out and commit to the Bengals if he wants to quiet the noise. What you said was exactly my response. So he should say "I want to be a Bengal, 100%"...then what if the Dolphins trade up for him?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 07:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dan Patrick said on his show that Burrow should just come straight out and commit to the Bengals if he wants to quiet the noise. What you said was exactly my response. So he should say "I want to be a Bengal, 100%"...then what if the Dolphins trade up for him?

They might have to trade up to even get Tua at this point. People are jumping back on his bandwagon now that he got a good medical report.

Personally, I wouldn’t even be that comfortable taking him at all, let alone trading up for him.

Reply/Quote