Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft rumors.
(04-25-2017, 04:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I hope I'm wrong but I really think we are going to pick Ross. Not sure if we trade back first. I would hate a Ross pick, if we trade back first it will ease the shock a little.
I am not sure what a bengals offense would look like with a home run threat like Ross.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It's Gareon Conley.

yea it was figured out a little bit later.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:17 AM)samhain Wrote: Every time I've heard him asked about this year's draft (maybe 2 or 3 times on 1530 in the afternoon), he mentions receiver as a likely option.  Hobson, however has kind of dismissed it out of hand, and absolutely dismissed the possibility of drafting a smaller receiver like Ross in 1.  

I really feel like they'll take a pass catcher in 1 unless Thomas or Fournette make it to them.  Howard qualifies for this, too.  

Although Boyd looks to be a fine player and LaFell has exceeded expectations, this team still has yet to replace Marvin Jones.  Nobody on the roster now does what he did.  The need remains the same as it was at this time last year. 

I personally think Hobson is full of shit.  It think Ross is very likely.

I think you are right about Ross.  Thomas will never make it to them.  I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on Fournette.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I hope I'm wrong but I really think we are going to pick Ross. Not sure if we trade back first. I would hate a Ross pick, if we trade back first it will ease the shock a little.

I think you are right that it will be Ross, but don't understand why you would hate it.  No one player will open up the offense more than him.  We have FOUR TEs that they really like and ALL FOUR were injured last year.  OJ Howard may be a safe pick, but he doesn't force a defense in to two-deep which opens up the running game.  Ross creates synergy that we haven't had since Chad, TJ, and Henry....which helped Rudi get 1400 yards.  
Reply/Quote
Maybe I should have posted it here under "rumors", but I thought this was more general of the entire draft. I posted a thread called "Insider Information: What I think I know..." in the NFL Draft forum. It is all that I have learned about the Bengal's plans heading in to the draft.
Reply/Quote
Mike and mike were going through Peter kings rundowns on players. It sounded like the bengals and broncos have interest in mixon in round 1 possibly. I'll check that later

Edit, not in first round. King mentions foster or reddick with a nod to reddick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
In JN, there is a thread about us moving up to #2 to take LF.  I don't know about that one, that's the only place I've heard of this rumor.  I highly doubt we would move up for anyone in this draft. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:43 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: In JN, there is a thread about us moving up to #2 to take LF.  I don't know about that one, that's the only place I've heard of this rumor.  I highly doubt we would move up for anyone in this draft. 

Not even Miles Garrett? 

Rumor from Adam Schefter is Browns are now leaning towards Trubisky:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19247982

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:43 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: In JN, there is a thread about us moving up to #2 to take LF.  I don't know about that one, that's the only place I've heard of this rumor.  I highly doubt we would move up for anyone in this draft. 

smart for the bengals to be exploring the cost of moving up if the guy they want is there...  and to do it now before anyone is on the clock. or someone else trades for the pick first.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:00 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Not even Miles Garrett? 

Rumor from Adam Schefter is Browns are now leaning towards Trubisky:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19247982

I don't know if i would even like it if it was for Garrett myself, giving up a lot there...
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: smart for the bengals to be exploring the cost of moving up if the guy they want is there...  and to do it now before anyone is on the clock. or someone else trades for the pick first.

That is true. Just don't know if i would like it for any player in this draft, even Garrett.
Reply/Quote
Don't be shocked if they pick McCaffrey in round 1.  Not saying they will but don't be shocked.  I know Ross maybe the pick and I understand speed kills, but at 9th, should be sure thing.  An athlete who cannot stay on the field should weigh in on their decision.  The team doesn't need another Eifert; instead, they need someone reliable.  If the medicals check out on Ross, then I will understand the pick.  It would depend who they leave on the board at the time. 

Also, a lot of elite athletes have medical concerns this draft, so it isn't just Ross.   I feel the team needs to trade back and get more 2 & 3 rounders.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
At this point very little would shock me. It seems like other than Miles Garrett all the talent is swimming around in a big pool of sameness for the first half of round 1. I guess that is OK because it means we'll get someone who is decent and probably fits a need.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 07:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Don't be shocked if they pick McCaffrey in round 1.  Not saying they will but don't be shocked.  I know Ross maybe the pick and I understand speed kills, but at 9th, should be sure thing.  An athlete who cannot stay on the field should weigh in on their decision.  The team doesn't need another Eifert; instead, they need someone reliable.  If the medicals check out on Ross, then I will understand the pick.  It would depend who they leave on the board at the time. 

Also, a lot of elite athletes have medical concerns this draft, so it isn't just Ross.   I feel the team needs to trade back and get more 2 & 3 rounders.

Would be very happy with McCaffrey just the same.

I don't think i will be shocked unless it is a major reach like Taco Charlton.

We are not THAT needy and there are lots of good Ends to be had at 41 and Taco could still be there
with others like Willis, McKinley and McDowell. Good draft for Ends in the 2nd and 3rd. We don't have
to reach man. Getting a gamechanger RB or WR in the first is a decent move in this draft.

Deep at TE too, so i would be fine with waiting even though Howard makes a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote
Wonder of San Fran would swap 2 and 9 for AJ... doubtful
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:59 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I am not sure what a bengals offense would look like with a home run threat like Ross.  

Ross would concern me. He's small, has knee problems and hasn't been tested against the kind of coverage he will face in the NFL. Just being fast doesn't work if you've got a hand in your face on every catch. And with his size, he's going to have a battle for every ball.

Toss in the concern over his speed suffering from another knee injury and we would be looking at (if we got lucky) a decent kick returner. 9 is too high for that.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:28 PM)Benton Wrote: Ross would concern me. He's small, has knee problems and hasn't been tested against the kind of coverage he will face in the NFL. Just being fast doesn't work if you've got a hand in your face on every catch. And with his size, he's going to have a battle for every ball.

Toss in the concern over his speed suffering from another knee injury and we would be looking at (if we got lucky) a decent kick returner. 9 is too high for that.

John Ross is the same size as Antonio Brown but faster, he ran the fastest forty of all time on those knees,
he burnt 2 of the most talented CB's in this draft worse than anyone last year, he isn't just fast, he runs good
routes and has good hands and he battles for the ball and wins all the fricking time Benton.

Look up John Ross if we draft him and if he CAN stay healthy you will be singing his praises brother.

Once in a lifetime player if those knees hold up when he ran that forty so effortlessly. Could be a great pick.

Epic. We will see.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: John Ross is the same size as Antonio Brown but faster, he ran the fastest forty of all time on those knees,
he burnt 2 of the most talented CB's in this draft worse than anyone last year, he isn't just fast, he runs good
routes and has good hands and he battles for the ball and wins all the fricking time Benton.

Look up John Ross if we draft him and if he CAN stay healthy you will be singing his praises brother.

Once in a lifetime player if those knees hold up when he ran that forty so effortlessly. Could be a great pick.

Epic. We will see.

That's a huge if. And at 9, I don't see the point in gambling.

And I'll be completely honest, a big part of me being surly about the likelihood of the pick is that we need to improve the dl. We're a couple years late there. This is the best position we've been in to do that in years. And rumors are we're taking a small speed receiver with questionable knees? Good grief.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is true. Just don't know if i would like it for any player in this draft, even Garrett.

If Cleveland takes Mitch T, there's a slim chance we could package McCarron and a 2018 2d round pick to the 49ers to take LF or Garrett. McCarron would be better for the 49ers, where he got is first W as a starter, than any of the rookie QBs. I know it's a slim chance, but we can't afford to give up our 2017 picks in 2 & 3. We need extra picks in both of those rounds.  
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:55 PM)Benton Wrote: That's a huge if. And at 9, I don't see the point in gambling.

And I'll be completely honest, a big part of me being surly about the likelihood of the pick is that we need to improve the dl. We're a couple years late there. This is the best position we've been in to do that in years. And rumors are we're taking a small speed receiver with questionable knees? Good grief.

You act like all the good Defensive Lineman will be gone by our 41st pick...

The Draft has shown over and over this is not true and other than Allen and Thomas i don't see anyone there that we
HAVE to take. We need a RB too and if we are not sure on Cook or McCaffrey i don't see anything wrong with adding
the fastest, good route running, nice hands, gamebreaking freak Wideout in a long time...

Dalton needs help and it isn't coming at O-line in the first round.

John Ross ran that forty on those questionable knees for goodness sake.

(04-27-2017, 12:00 AM)Shady Wrote: If Cleveland takes Mitch T, there's a slim chance we could package McCarron and a 2018 2d round pick to the 49ers to take LF or Garrett. McCarron would be better for the 49ers, where he got is first W as a starter, than any of the rookie QBs. I know it's a slim chance, but we can't afford to give up our 2017 picks in 2 & 3. We need extra picks in both of those rounds.  

Would be better for us all if AJM went to the Niners no question. Us and McCarron as he would have a decent O-line.
Reply/Quote