Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Drew Sample is a Bum
(12-01-2020, 12:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was an absolutely terrible take. You should probably just own it and move on. But I know you won’t lol

Wes accuses me of not knowing Burrow looks better than Sample.  I post direct quote where I say Burrow is better than Sample.  Even though I prove him 100% wrong you still take his side.

This is an absolutely terrible take. You should probably just own it and move on. But I know you won’t lol
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Half of the guys in the middle of the pack are below average, but that is JUST HIS RECEIVING ABILITY.

When you factor in his blocking he is above average,

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:01 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Was your quote supposed to answer my question?

In it's simpliest form:  Do you, Fred Toast, watch all of the Bengals games?

A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Yes I have live streamed over half of the games this year.  Mostly the ones earlier in the season before we became so hopeless.

But in my experience the people who watch every game are in general no more knowledgeable than the ones who don't.  They just see what they want to see.

BTW I don't remember seeing you in all the gameday threads.  If you spend much time there you will realize how stupid some are the takes are from guys watching the games.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I have live streamed over half of the games this year.  Mostly the ones earlier in the season before we became so hopeless.

But in my experience the people who watch every game are in general no more knowledgeable than the ones who don't.  They just see what they want to see.

BTW I don't remember seeing you in all the gameday threads.  If you spend much time there you will realize how stupid some are the takes are from guys watching the games.

What site you use for that?  

I can never find a good stream anymore for out of market games.  Used to use putlocker back in the day, but all of the ones I find now completelu suck, or get shut down.  I don't even bother looking any more.  Could really use a good site that doesn't need a VPN.

Agree to disagree, but I think it's pretty important to watch games if you're going to debate people about those particular games.  Stats tell very little of the story.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:18 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I can never find a good stream anymore for out of market games.  Used to use putlocker back in the day, but all of the ones I find now completelu suck, or get shut down.  I don't even bother looking any more.  Could really use a good site that doesn't need a VPN.

Don't be so cheap.  Just use ESPN and pay for it.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't be so cheap.  Just use ESPN and pay for it.

You use ESPN to stream Bengals games? Didn't even know they offer Network games on a streaming service.

Is it cheaper than NFL Ticket?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is the problem I have with this thread.  I not one of those guys who needs to use the word "bum" to describe middle of the pack starters.

I wouldn't label him a bum. He's lived up to his draft expectations. Top 10 pass and run blocker, not productive receiving. Problem is, that's not a player to take in the 2nd round. That's a Bengals problem, not a Drew Sample problem. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:18 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What site you use for that?  

I can never find a good stream anymore for out of market games.  Used to use putlocker back in the day, but all of the ones I find now completelu suck, or get shut down.  I don't even bother looking any more.  Could really use a good site that doesn't need a VPN.

Agree to disagree, but I think it's pretty important to watch games if you're going to debate people about those particular games.  Stats tell very little of the story.

Don’t listen to Fred about paying for espn

Buffstreamz . Com

Just saved you money
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true.  If it was then he would be ranked higher than 23rd in the league and we would have more than 2 wins.

It is true. Those aren't things you quantify by passer rating. They're things that happen throughout the course of a drive; decisions, ball placement, who you throw it to, avoiding a rush, etc. It's already been pointed out that he was top 5 in intermediate throws which is one of the main metrics used to separate elite passers from average passers. 

And it's easily evidenced by how the offense moved with him and without him. Deep passing was a problem that's not solely on him and redzone scoring was a problem that wasn't solely on him either. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I'm going to ask you a question that I've kinda wondered for a long time:  Are you able to actually able to read?

It may sound like I'm saying this to be a dick, but honest to God I'm not.  I'm generally curious.

Again, are you actually able to read?  Because it would help explain a lot of your stances, and the fact you seem so obsessed with ignoring what I actually write and instead make up straw man arguments to attack me.

Anyone who can read will tell you that I said this in this very thread

That was his point. That you're just looking at raw numbers and not watching games to see how a player performs and if it's up to his draft position. 

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s 2020. TE’s need to be a receiving threats now. Especially if you’re a team with a nonexistent running game, and only 2 good WR’s.

Yep. But to an extent...that is a scheme problem. It's not as clear cut how he would do if he was targeted more, in a more meaningful way. I have my doubts, as evidenced by a few pretty bad plays, but it would be easier to use the "bum" argument if he was actually used in a more aggressive manor and he continued to underperform.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:41 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You use ESPN to stream Bengals games?  Didn't even know they offer Network games on a streaming service.

Is it cheaper than NFL Ticket?

Sorry.  NFL.com.

I listen live on ESPN.  That is actually what I have been doing this year.

The only games I have actually watched this year were the Browns and the Titans.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wes accuses me of not knowing Burrow looks better than Sample.  I post direct quote where I say Burrow is better than Sample.  Even though I prove him 100% wrong you still take his side.

This is an absolutely terrible take. You should probably just own it and move on. But I know you won’t lol

And you clearly muddied the water by asking if Burrow was a bum because of his stats. 

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And you clearly muddied the water by asking if Burrow was a bum because of his stats. 

No I didn't.

I was using an example of an obviously good player who fumbles to prove that fumbling does not make him a bum.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:43 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Don’t listen to Fred about paying for espn

Buffstreamz . Com

Just saved you money

Why do I get the feeling that if I type in buffstreamz.com that I'll be bombarded with stuff I really don't want to see, and/or my computer will get Aids?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry.  NFL.com.

I listen live on ESPN.  That is actually what I have been doing this year.

You mean NFL Ticket?

What announcers does ESPN give you for the radio broadcast? Dan Hoard and Lapham, or is it just an audio feed from the television broadcast?

So are you watching or listening to these games? I'm confused.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. But to an extent...that is a scheme problem. It's not as clear cut how he would do if he was targeted more, in a more meaningful way. I have my doubts, as evidenced by a few pretty bad plays, but it would be easier to use the "bum" argument if he was actually used in a more aggressive manor and he continued to underperform.

There’s also the lack of production from college though. He caught a grand total of 46 receptions and only 5 TD’s in 4 years. I heard a lot about how terrible his QB was at Washington, but he obviously doesn’t have that excuse now. Well, before Burrow went down anyway.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 02:01 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You mean NFL Ticket?

What announcers does ESPN give you for the radio broadcast?  Dan Hoard and Lapham, or is it just an audio feed from the television broadcast?

You can chose the home announcers for either team.  I listen to Lap and Hoard.

The only games I have actually watched this year were the Browns and titans.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 02:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You can chose the home announcers for either team.  I listen to Lap and Hoard.

The only games I have actually watched this year were the Browns and titans.

Seems like you're talking about Sirius. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 02:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s also the lack of production from college though. He caught a grand total of 46 receptions and only 5 TD’s in 4 years. I heard a lot about how terrible his QB was at Washington, but he obviously doesn’t have that excuse now. Well, before Burrow went down anyway.

He did show some good hands on several catches in college so the perception was he could be a good pass catcher. But it's the Bengals, so of course it hasn't panned out. 

Reply/Quote