Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Drew Sample is a Bum
(12-06-2020, 10:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Drew Sample had a good game. He caught the ball when targeted power forward for extra yards and had some nice blocks including one on the outside that sprung Boyd for a TD.

Again I say he does exactly what the offense asks him to do.

How much of Sample’s potential has stunted because of poor offense vision and terrible o line play? I am not disappointed in Samples play, but more disappointed in Zack Taylor ability to play call and coach. Sample has the talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:17 PM)Synric Wrote: He was an underneath target not a checkdown. There is a difference.

Madden does not differentiate that hence some f the so called expert get confuses...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why don't you ask the 12 teams that don't have a TE ith as many receptions as Sample?

Among the 22 TEs with at least 30 receptions Sample is FOURTH in catch percentage and 16th in yards per target.

If he is so easy to replace why do so many teams have TEs that are not as productive or efficient as he is?

I'd like to see how many of those 12 teams use (rotate) 2 or more tight ends in the pass game. 

Like, it's really easy to say "Look at (insert team here), their leading Tight End has less receptions than Sample with just 29."  But then when you look at their roster you notice they actually have a 2nd Tight End who has 15-25 receptions as well.  So they're not actually getting less production of the position, Sample is only ahead because he plays so much more.

Also, it's clear as day what you're doing here.  You've chosen receptions as the be-all end-all statistic to measure Tight End success.  It just so happens that is Sample's best statistic.  Coincidence?

Forget yards or TD's, or any of that.  Let's single out his very best stat for an argument to paint him in the very best light.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 03:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Also, it's clear as day what you're doing here.  You've chosen receptions as the be-all end-all statistic to measure Tight End success.  It just so happens that is Sample's best statistic.  Coincidence?

Yes, I have taken control of the entire NFL universe and gotten everyone to refer to "leading receiver" as the guy with the most receptions.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why don't you ask the 12 teams that don't have a TE ith as many receptions as Sample?

Among the 22 TEs with at least 30 receptions Sample is FOURTH in catch percentage and 16th in yards per target.

If he is so easy to replace why do so many teams have TEs that are not as productive or efficient as he is?

Last time I checked TDs and scoring  decide a football game not yards
Yards are meaningless if you cant convert that to TDs.
Sample is a afterthought to a defense. Hes not a factor whatsoever.
If he does score a TD this year the game will be out of hand by that time
And the Ravens and Steelers whoever it may be are just giving Bengals 
Underneath stuff to burn clock
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 03:33 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Last time I checked TDs and scoring  decide a football game not yards
Yards are meaningless if you cant convert that to TDs.

Better be careful, playa, you are going to make a lot of enemies around here.

Justin Herbet through 10 games.....23 tds
Joe Burrow through 10 games........13 tds

Maybe Sample would have more tds if he had a better QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 03:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, I have taken control of the entire NFL universe and gotten everyone to refer to "leading receiver" as the guy with the most receptions.

LOL

That's usually a decsription that is used for yards not receptions.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 03:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd like to see how many of those 12 teams use (rotate) 2 or more tight ends in the pass game. 

Like, it's really easy to say "Look at (insert team here), their leading Tight End has less receptions than Sample with just 29."  But then when you look at their roster you notice they actually have a 2nd Tight End who has 15-25 receptions as well.  So they're not actually getting less production of the position, Sample is only ahead because he plays so much more.

Also, it's clear as day what you're doing here.  You've chosen receptions as the be-all end-all statistic to measure Tight End success.  It just so happens that is Sample's best statistic.  Coincidence?

Forget yards or TD's, or any of that.  Let's single out his very best stat for an argument to paint him in the very best light.

If someone wants to do the legwork, they can use https://fantasyfootballers.org/te-tight-end-nfl-stats/ and search by team to calculate certain stats for all the TEs on each team.

But if tracking minimum of 30 receptions, Sample is dead last (23rd) in receiving yards per game, 2nd-lowest in receptions per game (ahead of Jonnu Smith), and 2nd-lowest in Yards per Reception.

Two teams (TEN, LAR) have multiple TEs in this list.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Better be careful, playa, you are going to make a lot of enemies around here.

Justin Herbet through 10 games.....23 tds
Joe Burrow through 10 games........13 tds

Maybe Sample would have more tds if he had a better QB.

Chicken or the egg...

The Chargers have 6 TD’s from their TE’s to our 1.

Reply/Quote
Sample ain't no bum, he was just picked too early and has to get quicker and make the tough catches running out of his
routes. He is a solid TE that blocks well and can catch. He could be real good on down the road but he isn't no Gronk or
Kelse or Kittle that is for damn sure.

We need new coaches all across the board and an Offense that uses the TE more and a playmaking TE.

Sample isn't it. But I did love that one handed catch he made this year.
Reply/Quote
James Lofton said something interesting about the Dolphins TE last Sunday. " You draft a TE who is 75% WR and 25% Blocker". Well the Bengals drafted a TE who was 75% Blocker and 25% WR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 04:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If someone wants to do the legwork, they can use https://fantasyfootballers.org/te-tight-end-nfl-stats/ and search by team to calculate certain stats for all the TEs on each team.

But if tracking minimum of 30 receptions, Sample is dead last (23rd) in receiving yards per game, 2nd-lowest in receptions per game (ahead of Jonnu Smith), and 2nd-lowest in Yards per Reception.

Two teams (TEN, LAR) have multiple TEs in this list.

90% of samples catches are screens that go no where.. He's horrible...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 09:19 PM)Tony Wrote: 90% of samples catches are screens that go no where.. He's horrible...

Clearly an exaggeration, or he wouldn't be averaging 9.1 yards per reception.
He does get a lot of short passes though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Clearly an exaggeration, or he wouldn't be averaging 9.1 yards per reception.
He does get a lot of short passes though.

Ya, I'm not gonna sit here and crunch numbers on a guy who is complete trash. If he is remembered for anything, it will be Miles Jack's ***** in the Endzone...
Reply/Quote
Sample is on pace to break Reggie Kelly's career record yardage, in only his 2nd year in the NFL.....
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:14 PM)WhoDave72 Wrote: Sample is on pace to break Reggie Kelly's career record yardage, in only his 2nd year in the NFL.....

Kelly was mainly a blocking TE. He was never a an even average te.

You all need to watch some other games where one of the teams isnt the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:14 PM)WhoDave72 Wrote: Sample is on pace to break Reggie Kelly's career record yardage, in only his 2nd year in the NFL.....

Bro...

This is a post where I'm 50/50 on whether it's supposed to be a joke or not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Bro...

This is a post where I'm 50/50 on whether it's supposed to be a joke or not.

He’s joking around. He said ZT needs another 3-4 years to turn this thing around in another thread lol. Either that or he IS Zac Taylor...
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 12:05 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He’s joking around. He said ZT needs another 3-4 years to turn this thing around in another thread lol. Either that or he IS Zac Taylor...

Drew sample is on pace to have more yards in his second year than Bob Trumpy had in his last four years in the league. I was hammered talking to Kyle Rudolph's father at the Christian Moerlein lager house in 2014. He said Bob Trumpy was the 2nd best tight end of all time. Samples nipping at his heels.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 01:07 AM)WhoDave72 Wrote: Drew sample is on pace to have more yards in his second year than Bob Trumpy had in his last four years in the league. I was hammered talking to Kyle Rudolph's father at the Christian Moerlein lager house in 2014. He said Bob Trumpy was the 2nd best tight end of all time. Samples nipping at his heels.

Ok, now I get it.

A+ work.  Seriously. :andy:
Reply/Quote