Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Duke Tobin on draft
(04-21-2023, 08:48 AM)Garrus Wrote: If Banks or Forbes are there at 28 we will take one of them imo. Unless someone crazy falls like Wright.

or a too good to pass trade offer comes up... as its a deep CB class i believe if i recall what people have said
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 03:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "BuT wHaT iF hE's BpA?!"
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2F1w9pvx....ipo=images]
Last draft where a QB was bpa was probably Rodgers....
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 08:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Dax was ranked 21 best player by Daniel Jeremiah and 24 by ESPN.

I know that. Why are you mentioning that?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Saw one draft prognosticator state the Bengals could move up in the draft to get Bujanos Robinson and get their new TE in LaPorte in the 2nd rd. If they could pull that off, I really wouldn’t care about the rest of the draft for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 08:48 AM)Garrus Wrote: If Banks or Forbes are there at 28 we will take one of them imo. Unless someone crazy falls like Wright.

Lindsay Patterson, who has covered the Bengals for years, seems to know/believe the Bengals are high on Forbes and he'll be the pick if he's there at 28.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Lindsay Patterson, who has covered the Bengals for years, seems to know/believe the Bengals are high on Forbes and he'll be the pick if he's there at 28.

I can see Lou liking Emmanuel Forbes. He plays through the whistle every snap and likes to attack the line as a run defender at 170lbs. I would like to see him gain 20 pounds of good weight though. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 09:44 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Saw one draft prognosticator state the Bengals could move up in the draft to get Bujanos Robinson and get their new TE in LaPorte in the 2nd rd. If they could pull that off, I really wouldn’t care about the rest of the draft for them.

Would be hard to move up very far and not give up a second
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Lindsay Patterson, who has covered the Bengals for years, seems to know/believe the Bengals are high on Forbes and he'll be the pick if he's there at 28.

From what I have seen of Forbes I would be on board. He lacks weight but is a playmaker and has great ball skills. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 10:58 AM)Garrus Wrote: From what I have seen of Forbes I would be on board. He lacks weight but is a playmaker and has great ball skills. 

I absolutely agree. If he goes 188 instead of 166 he is a top 12 selection because of his elite talent in most all other phases of the game. The one knock you here is consistency instead of an up game then a bit of a drop off. A lot of that may well be self correcting as he matures in age and the game.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 09:44 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Saw one draft prognosticator state the Bengals could move up in the draft to get Bujanos Robinson and get their new TE in LaPorte in the 2nd rd. If they could pull that off, I really wouldn’t care about the rest of the draft for them.

No thanks on LaPorte.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 07:19 PM)tms Wrote: Oh don't get me wrong- I agree it's (waaaay) too early to write him off. But can't deny he's had virtually zero impact to date... to the point that I've seen safeties commonly mocked to the Bengals to "play alongside Nick Scott." As far as the league is concerned he almost doesn't exist. 

I get the reasons, and some of them are valid, but I can't imagine that was the plan. We heard a lot about three-safety looks (that never materialized) or how he would displace Hilton/Flowers on TE coverages (never really happened either). He was the fourth most valuable member of the draft class behind Volson, CTB and Carter, and ahead of two Day 3s who either didn't play much (Gunter) or play at all (Tycen). If this is a guy who we really wanted and were thrilled to get in Round 1, he's off to a rocky start.  

I read the exchange between you and Nate. I get where you are coming from, but it's a little early to be writing the kid off. He has been stuck behind arguably a top 10 Safety. The Bengals play in a tough division and with the recent success have been playing a top tier NFL schedule. Games have been close! Not sure when you expected Dax to get real playing time up until this upcoming season. 

I would like to believe that the current coaching staff has a good feel for the pulse and talent of this team. They have been to the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row. Let's see what the kid can do before we just write him off, and I'm not a fan of your assumption that no other teams in the league would be interested in Dax. You have absolutely zero knowledge of the validity of that statement.

He was drafted in advance of Bates departure. It was a savvy move by the FO. Doesn't mean that they won't take a look at a Safety in this draft. Just means they feel like they have a guy that can do the job. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:38 AM)OSUfan Wrote: No thanks on LaPorte.

LaPorta is a top 3-4 TE in the draft.  He would be a good get in Round 2. 

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 09:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I know that. Why are you mentioning that?

Ha ha can’t remember now lol. Seemed like a discussion ( maybe not you) that Dax was a mistake
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

I’d agree
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Ha ha can’t remember now lol. Seemed like a discussion ( maybe not you) that Dax was a mistake

Definitely wasn't me lol.
I loved the Dax Hill pick.
I'm actually saying I support giving him a chance first before trying to spend yet another early-round pick at safety just in case he doesn't pan out.
Veteran Mike Thomas can fill in for Hill if/when needed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Definitely wasn't me lol.
I loved the Dax Hill pick.
I'm actually saying I support giving him a chance first before trying to spend yet another early-round pick at safety just in case he doesn't pan out.
Veteran Mike Thomas can fill in for Hill if/when needed.

Yep it’s a no brainer to see what Dax can do. I know a little about Dax from Oklahoma ( state of) He’s very intelligent and athletic. I was pleased with the pick. And I think you and I’ve discussed this it seems a lot of times they groom a pick to take over the following year. No question he’s better prepared now

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:37 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I absolutely agree. If he goes 188 instead of 166 he is a top 12 selection because of his elite talent in most all other phases of the game. The one knock you here is consistency instead of an up game then a bit of a drop off. A lot of that may well be self correcting as he matures in age and the game.

He only weighs 166 lbs? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 02:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He only weighs 166 lbs? 

He is supposedly at 176, with a goal to play near 185 this season.  Who knows?  But he has the best ball skills of any CB in the draft.  

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 02:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He only weighs 166 lbs? 

After packing on weight for the combine. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 02:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: After packing on weight for the combine. 

Packing on weight? You mean dropping weight?

He was listed at 180 lbs for the 2022 CFB season.
While that number may be a bit inaccurate when it's reported, I doubt it was more than 10 lbs off reality.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote