Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap traded to Seattle
(10-28-2020, 01:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: A backup Center and a pick for a guy who was never going to play another snap for us and has a bloated contract? Sounds good to me.

I wonder if we took on a portion of his contract to make the deal.

Wonder if this impacts signing Spain.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wonder if this impacts signing Spain.

Hard to tell I do know the Finney contract for the Bengals will be peanuts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Or a potential corresponding Billy Price trade coming?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dunlap was only doing that because of his usage. If he's bought in, he gives full effort.

I've seen multiple reports that his effort has been absolutely terrible even during games.

Dave Lapham describing him as really dogging it out there.  And another writer, who watched recent game film of him, described him as "not even really trying out there".
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder if this will affect the Spain signing?

Seems we're getting pretty stacked at the interior with our 2 starting OTs on the shelf

I hope they still sign Spain. He has a better chance at being an ok starter, where as Finney seems more depth. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Or a potential corresponding Billy Price trade coming?

Can you trade with CFL teams?
Reply/Quote

With Hart and Hopkins and Williams all nursing injuries plus the state of the line, I would hope they still sign Spain. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I hope Seattle likes getting a part time effort player

Our coaches know that Dunlap is not even as good as scrubs you can sign off the street, yet Seattle gave up a player to get him.

Seahawks are so stupid.  Guess that is why they are perennial losers while the Bengals are "Building a culture".

Yes
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dunlap was only doing that because of his usage. If he's bought in, he gives full effort.

When he was starting he gave only a half a effort this year.
He just quit on the team. 
Anybody can quit.that takes no talent or effort
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Can you trade with CFL teams?

This is the NFL every coach thinks they can fix a guy the likes coming out. I think there would actually be a 6th out there for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've seen multiple reports that his effort has been absolutely terrible even during games.

Dave Lapham describing him as really dogging it out there.  And another writer, who watched recent game film of him, described him as not even really trying out.

Yep, if everyone recalls.... it's a lot of the reason he fell to the 2nd round. There were questions about effort at UF as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our coaches know that Dunlap is not even as good as scrubs you can sign off the street, yet Seattle gave up a player to get him.

Seahawks are so stupid.  Guess that is why they are perennial losers while the Bengals are "Building a culture".

Yes

I thought you were anti-whining.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:06 PM)pally Wrote: no word on return.  Deal to be official after 4PM

Drama Queen...
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our coaches know that Dunlap is not even as good as scrubs you can sign off the street, yet Seattle gave up a player to get him.

Yes

Are you actually defending the complete lack of effort Dunlap has shown this season? Dude has been checked out every game I've watched. Jogging after plays he used to run after, as soon as he is blocked on the pass rush, he just stops, zero effort.

He is a former Pro-Bowl guy, and that will lead to coaches and other teams thinking they can get something out of him still. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it fails. (See Antonio Brown) 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Choked on that one... what exactly was his effort for the 1st five games this year when he was the starter?
Reply/Quote
Good luck in Seattle Carlos and thanks for the memories, well up until this year anyways.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I thought you were anti-whining.  Ninja

Squealing.  He's anti-squealing.

If you squeal on the board Fred is gonna call you out for it.   Wink
Reply/Quote
Not bad trade compensation. It's hard to turn down a B.J.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Choked on that one... what exactly was his effort for the 1st five games this year when he was the starter?

Outside of the Eagles game, he was invisible this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've seen multiple reports that his effort has been absolutely terrible even during games.

Dave Lapham describing him as really dogging it out there.  And another writer, who watched recent game film of him, described him as "not even really trying out there".

Right, I mean he's been doing this because of how he's being used.
So yes, that implies he's doing it during games.

If he was in a situation he liked, he probably wouldn't be acting like that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote