Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap traded to Seattle
(10-28-2020, 01:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Or a potential corresponding Billy Price trade coming?

They aren't trading Price.  At least not this season.  Hopkins is out.  New dude can't clear COVID protocol in time to play this weekend.  He is the best available center on the roster

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, if everyone recalls.... it's a lot of the reason he fell to the 2nd round. There were questions about effort at UF as well.

I think his first 9-10 years kind of dispelled that. Up until this current season no one had a negative word to say about Dunlap. Some people here are acting like he's been all about drama or dogging it for years. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Right, I mean he's been doing this because of how he's being used.
So yes, that implies he's doing it during games.

If he was in a situation he liked, he probably wouldn't be acting like that.

Unfortunately, that says a lot about Carlos...and it's disappointing. 

But aside from his demotion, he wasn't doing much before that happened.

Carlos has no one to blame for this situation but Carlos.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: I think his first 9-10 years kind of dispelled that. Up until this current season no one had a negative word to say about Dunlap. Some people here are acting like he's been all about drama or dogging it for years. 

Not true at all. Dunlap was known for taking plays off here as well..... When he wanted to, he could take over a game. He only wanted to when it padded his stats.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wonder if this impacts signing Spain.

I don’t think so they can’t sign Spain yet because of some Covid rules. Plus there thin at O-line this week with Hopkins, Hart and Williams all banged up.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our coaches know that Dunlap is not even as good as scrubs you can sign off the street, yet Seattle gave up a player to get him.

Seahawks are so stupid.  Guess that is why they are perennial losers while the Bengals are "Building a culture".

Yes

We got a backup olineman and a 7th round pick and we dumped a big contract.......Think about it.

This may not be the "I told ya" you were hoping for.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Choked on that one... what exactly was his effort for the 1st five games this year when he was the starter?

I think you misinterpreted by point.
When I said "usage," I didn't just mean getting demoted.
I mean literally how he was used.

As in he didn't like the role he's been in all year, which was being used partly at OLB and also getting reduced snaps.

Also, to the point I think you are trying to make, here is Carlos Dunlap's snap percentage by game:
Game 1 - 70%
Game 2 - 52%
Game 3 - 82% (a tie)
Game 4 - 75% (the only win)
Game 5 - 46%
Game 6 - 45%
Game 7 - 23%

So in games that Dunlap got 75% or more of the defensive snaps, they didn't lose. In games where he had less than 75%, they lost every one.

When Marvin was HC, Dunlap was averaging around 75-80% of the defensive snaps each year.

His thought process (right or wrong) could have been that if the Bengals used him more during the games they lost this year, perhaps they would have had more wins.

As for his effort, I am not going to go rewatch every defensive snap of every game to try to make some subjective determination of how much effort he gave. All I care about are wins and losses. If a loss, I care about production at that point. I don't really care about a player's effort as long as the team is wins or if they put up good production in a loss. If there is not production, I don't necessarily chalk it up as a lack of effort. They could be giving effort but just not effective. Regardless, it's not production.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder if this will affect the Spain signing?

Seems we're getting pretty stacked at the interior with our 2 starting OTs on the shelf

Stacked with mediocrity.

(10-28-2020, 01:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Or a potential corresponding Billy Price trade coming?

Can't see tshem trading Price whilst Hopkins, Hart and Jonah are all injured and it's too soon to start Spain and Finney. Maybe something after Sunday so the new guys have the bye week to learn the playbook?

What this also does is signal to other teams that the Bengals are open to trading players so they may now get some more enquiries about Price and Ross.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:31 PM)pally Wrote: Finney played backup to Pouncey and DeCastro in Pitt. signed by the Seahawks in this offseason and has yet to see the field

(10-28-2020, 01:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not true at all. Dunlap was known for taking plays off here as well..... When he wanted to, he could take over a game. He only wanted to when it padded his stats.
I recall when Carlos would proudly proclaim
A couple years ago " im gonna break Strahans
Single season sack record blah blah blah"

Then I would think for that you would have to actually 
Put 100 % effort in each game......

I knew he would never even reach 15 sacks.

He had all the talent to be a dominating pass rusher.
Funny we never heard Michael Johnson gripe when his 
Snaps got reduced
Reply/Quote
Piling on Carlos distracts from the common theme:

Carl Pickens
Corey Dillon
Takeo Spikes
Carson Palmer
Whit
Los
Many others....

The front office does not value winning as much as stable jobs for the family, low overhead costs, and a consistent profit with minimal spending. We’ve vilified players who get disgruntled and speak out forever, but the consistent theme is Mike Brown is a terrible owner and GM, his kids and family are not good at their jobs when compared to NFL peers, and Zac is way over his head. Add the general ineptitude with Zac’s terrible record and the locker room magically has a fair few people who are disgruntled. No one likes losing, but add losing to general ineptitude and it gets ugly.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:06 PM)pally Wrote: no word on return.  Deal to be official after 4PM

"This whole situation between him and some of the Bengals coaching staff was just one of the issues that has the current locker room divided. "

What the hell does this mean? She care to elaborate on that? Pretty irresponsible reporting right there... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not true at all. Dunlap was known for taking plays off here as well..... When he wanted to, he could take over a game. He only wanted to when it padded his stats.

This is total bullshit.

He was one of the most productive DEs in the entire league over the last decade.  He didn't take off any more plays than any other top player in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Carlos has no one to blame for this situation but Carlos.

Blame?

Hilarious

Carlos just got exactly what he wanted.  So you should be talking about getting "credit" instead of "blame".
Reply/Quote
This front office never gets anything done....
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I recall when Carlos would proudly proclaim
A couple years ago " im gonna break Strahans
Single season sack record blah blah blah"

Then I would think for that you would have to actually 
Put 100 % effort in each game......

I knew he would never even reach 15 sacks.

He had all the talent to be a dominating pass rusher.
Funny we never heard Michael Johnson gripe when his 
Snaps got reduced

I was thinking about that earlier this week. He's actually been getting worse ever since he made that comment.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've seen multiple reports that his effort has been absolutely terrible even during games.

Dave Lapham describing him as really dogging it out there.  And another writer, who watched recent game film of him, described him as "not even really trying out there".

Seems like the the only d-lineman to even try & pass rush is Hubbard, Lawson & sorry ass Hunt. Sure seems like its the playcalling. Guys standing straight up just to contain & giving every quarterback 5 secs to throw. If we blitzed a lot it might show that they're trying to get a rush.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We got a backup olineman and a 7th round pick and we dumped a big contract.......Think about it.

So we got a player AND A PICK for  guy who was not as good as scrubs you could sign off the street.

Seattle could have had Margus Hunt or Armani Bledsoe, who our coaches have playing in front of Dunlap, without giving up anything.

Like I said.  No wonder Seattle is a perennial loser while we are "building a culture" with Zac and his boys.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When he was starting he gave only a half a effort this year.
He just quit on the team. 
Anybody can quit.that takes no talent or effort

How exactly do you determine "effort"?
Is it just because he wasn't producing? Or did you see him specifically not run or make a tackle?
If the latter, can you provide some video or reference me to times in games? I can go back and look with GamePass.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I applaud the FO. Too many times we consider this as "rewarding the player". It's an old outdated way of viewing roster management. This shows they are still doing things a little different.

Reports are they aren't done.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Blame?

Hilarious

Carlos just got exactly what he wanted.  So you should be talking about getting "credit" instead of "blame".

Credit for what? Throwing tantrums on social media instead of working his ass off to get his spot back?

OK, congrats Carlos on acting like a child and getting out of town. Good riddance.
Reply/Quote