Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap traded to Seattle
(10-28-2020, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is total bullshit.

He was one of the most productive DEs in the entire league over the last decade.  He didn't take off any more plays than any other top player in the league.

Links to these stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope it's for Pete Carroll...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Unfortunately, that says a lot about Carlos...and it's disappointing. 

But aside from his demotion, he wasn't doing much before that happened.

Carlos has no one to blame for this situation but Carlos.

One thing that most of us normal folk have is that if we are not happy with our employment situation, we are free to go seek employment elsewhere.
Pro sports players are not able to do that due to their contracts.
Their only options at that point are to get traded or released.
If Dunlap was that unhappy, he did what he thought he had to (or wanted to) do in order to get out of an organization he didn't like.
Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with his method, he accomplished his goal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:58 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Stacked with mediocrity.

Can't see tshem trading Price whilst Hopkins, Hart and Jonah are all injured and it's too soon to start Spain and Finney. Maybe something after Sunday so the new guys have the bye week to learn the playbook?

What this also does is signal to other teams that the Bengals are open to trading players so they may now get some more enquiries about Price and Ross.

If Hopkins doesn't get through concussion protocol, they wouldn't have really had a backup C for Sunday. Jordan played there in college, but they probably need to be drilling him for emergency T duty this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How exactly do you determine "effort"?
Is it just because he wasn't producing? Or did you see him specifically not run or make a tackle?
If the latter, can you provide some video or reference me to times in games? I can go back and look with GamePass.

Dave Laphem will back me up on.this.and Albert Breer.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With Hart and Hopkins and Williams all nursing injuries plus the state of the line, I would hope they still sign Spain. 

I personally hope they sign Spain through at least next year.
It would greatly help provide insurance to the worst performing position on the offense.
If XSF doesn't come back and play well after injury, Spain can hold that spot.
If XSF comes back and Jordan reverts back to playing poorly, Spain can take Jordan's spot.
If XSF and Jordan are both playing well, Spain can be a sound backup.

Also, having Spain helps reduce the absolute need to draft an OL in the 1st or 2nd round next draft. Could really free up the team to go DL or BPA.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Nobody wants to point out that the Bengals picked up Finney a couple of weeks before they play the Steelers?

Mikey Boy playing 4D chess again...
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One thing that most of us normal folk have is that if we are not happy with our employment situation, we are free to go seek employment elsewhere.
If Dunlap was that unhappy, he did what he thought he had to (or wanted to) do in order to get out of an organization he didn't like.
Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with his method, he accomplished his goal.

Acting like a middle school drama queen was not the only option that would've gotten him out of town. He and his agent could have worked behind the scenes to get it done as well, without all of the public nonsense.

Yes, in the end he accomplished what he wanted, but chose the worst way to do it, IMO. It changed my opinion of Carlos, because I didn't know he had the level of immaturity in him. Very disappointing. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I thought you were anti-whining.  Ninja

He's just trying on a new suit today.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:13 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Dave Laphem will back me up on.this.and Albert Breer.

I am not able to get the radio broadcast of the game, so I do not have a chance to listen to anything Lapham says.
I also don't follow Breer on Twitter nor watch/listen to any show, so I don't know what he has said.
Can you provide links?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

and Baby apologized for the DE notation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good luck Carlos ! You derserved a better ending.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Acting like a middle school drama queen was not the only option that would've gotten him out of town. He and his agent could have worked behind the scenes to get it done as well, without all of the public nonsense.

Yes, in the end he accomplished what he wanted, but chose the worst way to do it, IMO. It changed my opinion of Carlos, because I didn't know he had the level of immaturity in him. Very disappointing. 

Do we know that he and his agent didn't attempt to work privately with the team?
Is it not fair to assume he voiced his concerns privately first, was met with refusal, and then decided to go public?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Happened faster than I thought, later than it should have.

A back up C and a 7th round pick. Not exactly paying for a major impact player.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:58 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Piling on Carlos distracts from the common theme:

Carl Pickens
Corey Dillon
Takeo Spikes
Carson Palmer
Whit
Los
Many others....

The front office does not value winning as much as stable jobs for the family, low overhead costs, and a consistent profit with minimal spending. We’ve vilified players who get disgruntled and speak out forever, but the consistent theme is Mike Brown is a terrible owner and GM, his kids and family are not good at their jobs when compared to NFL peers, and Zac is way over his head. Add the general ineptitude with Zac’s terrible record and the locker room magically has a fair few people who are disgruntled. No one likes losing, but add losing to general ineptitude and it gets ugly.

I don’t disagree about the front office but I’m pretty sure all of them signed second contracts.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: I think his first 9-10 years kind of dispelled that. Up until this current season no one had a negative word to say about Dunlap. Some people here are acting like he's been all about drama or dogging it for years. 

Dunlap has had a long history of on and off play. It has not been a problem in Cincinnati because his highs have more than outweighed his lows, but his effort has always been variable.

Look no further than last season. In the first 8 games of 2019, he played 6 games, had 1 sack, 5 TFL, 5 QB Hits, 1 PD, 0 FF and 22 tackles. In the final 8 games, of which he played all 8, he had 8 sacks, 8 TFL, 16 QB Hits, 7 PD, 2 FF and 41 tackles.

And this wasn't a case of him not playing as many snaps, as he averaged 81% of all defensive snaps in the first half (not counting the two games he missed) and 81.25% in the second half.

He has had hot and cold streaks very similar to this over the course of his entire career, like in 2018 when he had 7 sacks in the first half of the season and just 1 sack in the second half of the season or the 2 to 5.5 sack ratio between halves in 2017.

I remember last season thinking he was done after the first half of the season and, perhaps, disinterested since we were winless to that point, but then he stormed back to have a really good season.  Made me think he was getting over an injury or something.

And then this season came and he showed no effort at all all the way up until he was benched and then traded. 
Reply/Quote
I regret buying your jersey Dunlop. If you did this differently, this would be not as tough.

But, you’re a baby and your contract was bloated. Bye.

Happy to get O line help and a pick.
Reply/Quote
I read that he was traded for a guard and a pick. I hope this doesn’t mean Wuentin Spain is now out of the picture
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One thing that most of us normal folk have is that if we are not happy with our employment situation, we are free to go seek employment elsewhere.

Umm... They also make a lot more money. I don't feel sorry for them. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Do we know that he and his agent didn't attempt to work privately with the team?
Is it not fair to assume he voiced his concerns privately first, was met with refusal, and then decided to go public?

We don't know, but the thing is, even if he felt he had to go public...he could have done so without taking the childish route that eventually led to Tyler calling him out. He chose that route. That's what I'm disappointed about. I expected more from Carlos.
Reply/Quote