Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap traded to Seattle
Welcome BJ Finney! Hope he can help us sure up the line. He hasnt played much lately but posted a good pff while playing for the Stealers. Only gave up 2 sacks in over 1000 snaps.

Peace out Carlos. Thanks for the good moments. That's all
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why is Lou still here? Is this seriously a "we'll evaluate at end of season" deal? lol

Because Taylor is still here, and Lou is Taylor's buddy. They were hired together by the Dolphins in 2012 and worked together for 4 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Awesome now our first round pick will go on a pass rusher not Oline
Reply/Quote
One of them should be fired, maybe they can decide between each other (taylor and lou)
Reply/Quote
So the Bengals get a 7th round pick and a backup lineman that most of us never heard of for Carlos Dunlap. This isn't a good deal for us but beggars can't be choosers.

Now let's see that winning culture Zac Taylor says he's building after every he loses the game every week.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But as a SLB in the 4-3.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MillVo00.htm

Because nowhere on there does it list him as a DE.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2012/8/6/3223494/broncos-release-first-official-depth-chart-for-the-2012-season

This 2012 depth chart has him as a SLB.

- - - - - -

He never played as a 4-3 DE, because it's a whole different position. He was a 4-3 SLB and a 3-4 OLB. He would have been ate up as a 4-3 DE.

34 teams play 4 man fronts all the time Von Miller has played plenty of 43 hand in the dirt edge. Listed positions mean nothing.  

Like Geno he has played 1T 3T 2 2i 4 4i and even 5T. That's NT 3T 34 DE....Sam Hubbard has played 34 OLB 43 end 34 end 3T and even MIKE LB lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That’s good news. Crybaby gone. His effort and attitude have been terrible lately. Now we can put this nonsense behind us. Hopefully.
Reply/Quote
Glad he's gone and we actually got something for him instead of cutting after the season. Now time to continue doing very "unBengal" things and make some more in season trades. Start with Geno, Ross, and AJ!
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:55 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Glad he's gone and we actually got something for him instead of cutting after the season. Now time to continue doing very "unBengal" things and make some more in season trades. Start with Geno, Ross, and AJ!

I'm not alone on this board, wow! lol
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:55 PM)Synric Wrote:  34 teams play 4 man fronts all the time Von Miller has played plenty of 43 hand in the dirt edge. Listed positions mean nothing.  

Like Geno he has played 1T 3T 2 2i 4 4i and even 5T. That's NT 3T 34 DE....

All of those you listed for Atkins are considered interior defenders. It's why JJ Watt was so damn impressive with all those sacks as a 3-4 DE.

Meanwhile 4-3 OLB and 4-3 DE aren't even in the same category and your response to proof that Miller's always been a LB is "listed positions mean nothing". Alright. Good talk.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 03:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All of those you listed for Atkins are considered interior defenders. It's why JJ Watt was so damn impressive with all those sacks as a 3-4 DE.

Meanwhile 4-3 OLB and 4-3 DE aren't even in the same category and your response to proof that Miller's always been a LB is "listed positions mean nothing". Alright. Good talk.

He also didnt play SAM he played LEO in a hybrid 43 and in Wade Phillip's hybrid 34 he played hand in the dirt edge often which is 43 end.

People think position groups are cut and dry they aren't
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Despite his ridiculous end here, I wish Dunlap well. He was a fun player to watch and was a bright spot here for a decade.

I remember when he chased down a screen against the Foles led Eagles years ago and forced a fumble. I thought he was awesome and had a high motor. When he put in the effort (which he did 95% of the time) he was a great DE for us!

Best of luck Los! Don’t let the door hit your whiney ass on the way out lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:55 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Glad he's gone and we actually got something for him instead of cutting after the season. Now time to continue doing very "unBengal" things and make some more in season trades. Start with Geno, Ross, and AJ!

I'm with you on Ross. 

I don't think they'll get anything for Geno this year with his injury. Unless he becomes publicly disgruntled, I think he'll be here through the end of the season.

Not sure I'm there on AJ after his performance improved and he went back to being a professional. I think he's done with the outbursts and I like him being around for Burrow. Now, if a team offers more than he's probably worth like a 4th rounder, I'd be ok with a trade.
Reply/Quote
Regardless of anything else you can say about the way Dunlap went out this year, he did manage to successfully force Mike Brown's hand into only his 2nd mid-season trade in 30 years... and went from a 1-5-1 team to a 5-1 team that has the likely MVP at QB.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 03:09 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm with you on Ross. 

I don't think they'll get anything for Geno this year with his injury. Unless he becomes publicly disgruntled, I think he'll be here through the end of the season.

Not sure I'm there on AJ after his performance improved and he went back to being a professional. I think he's done with the outbursts and I like him being around for Burrow. Now, if a team offers more than he's probably worth like a 4th rounder, I'd be ok with a trade.

I think you need to trade AJ now because of how he has changed and performance is going up, sell high. My 2 cents.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Sad to see it end this way for Carlos. He had a great career here. Close to an all-timer here. Not Munoz level. Or Atkins. Next level = Boomer, Anderson, Riley, AJ.

But he's in the Parrish, Whitworth, Chad, Montoya, Brooks, Dillon, Pete Johnson, Big Willie, Isaac Curtis, Reggie Williams, level tier.
Reply/Quote
Oops.

But he had to go. Was hoping if we fired Lou things could be reconciled. Surprised we got anything for him. Backup C with Hopkins out plus a 7th.

Got some cap space. Gotta use on OL/DL, yes?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When he was starting he gave only a half a effort this year.
He just quit on the team. 
Anybody can quit.that takes no talent or effort
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I recall when Carlos would proudly proclaim
A couple years ago " im gonna break Strahans
Single season sack record blah blah blah"

Then I would think for that you would have to actually 
Put 100 % effort in each game......

I knew he would never even reach 15 sacks.

He had all the talent to be a dominating pass rusher.
Funny we never heard Michael Johnson gripe when his 
Snaps got reduced

(10-28-2020, 02:04 PM)Mer Wrote: I was thinking about that earlier this week. He's actually been getting worse ever since he made that comment.

He made that comment before the 2015 season.

Guess making 2 PBs and having a 12.5 sack season, is getting worse, huh?

And God Forbid NFL players have goals and ambitions they wish to live up to; such a big deal Sarcasm

This shit-talking is VERY low.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He was really effective when Zimmer was here.him and MJ were
A effective tandem. Would have liked to have seen get more
Double digit sack seasons and showed up more vs the North
Reply/Quote