Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap traded to Seattle
Interesting...for all those who were wondering why he was still here. If the teams have been in talk for a week that means the talks started BEFORE the last game right around the time he published the rotation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 03:31 PM)pally Wrote: Interesting...for all those who were wondering why he was still here.  If the teams have been in talk for a week that means the talks started BEFORE the last game right around the time he published the rotation

I think it's funny earlier in the thread someone was questioning how people could discern effort from tape. In football, there is a saying, "Players lie, coaches lie, but the tape doesn't lie". If you are not putting in the effort you will always see it when you watch things back, and it was obvious his effort was lacking. I saw an interview today with AJ Hawk talking about his time here when Dunlap tried to sell him that same house by the way, where he said the guy was a freak but he'd pick and choose when he actually wanted to try and rush.

Scenery probably will do him good though, he has always been a guy who fed off the enviroment though and I think if Seattle actually had fans at games he could really turn it around.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Best of luck to Dunlap in Seattle. Hope he finds himself happy there and has some success. Gave too many good years here for me to be bitter or wish him ill, regardless of how rough the exit was.

And this is the only real answer anyone should give.

He was our best defensive player (after Geno) for his tenure here, made 2 PBs (should've had 2 more) and was a top 3 all-around 4-3 LE in the league, from 2012-2019.

Going out the way he did is absolutely shitty, but it is what it is at this point and all any of us can do is move on. We got something in return and saved money, so we're in better shape for the future than we were with him.

(10-28-2020, 02:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & Eddie Edwards remains the franchise leader with 83.5 sacks. Dunlap is second with 82.5

"Unofficially."

Edwards officially has 47.5 sacks as a Bengal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Dunlap gave you 8.8 sacks a season, 11 TFLs, 7 PDs and 27 hits per a season( since he started in 2013). He was always a top 20 Edge player. He was a staple of a team that made it to 5 straight Playoff. It's disappointing how it ended hopefully one day the Bengals make a ring of honor and he is in it
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the years Carlos. I'd probably be a bit grumpy after a decade if my company continually was crappy and hindered my success.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 03:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He made that comment before the 2015 season.

Guess making 2 PBs and having a 12.5 sack season, is getting worse, huh?

And God Forbid NFL players have goals and ambitions they wish to live up to; such a big deal Sarcasm

This shit-talking is VERY low.

Good morning sunshine. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 03:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And this is the only real answer anyone should give.

He was our best defensive player (after Geno) for his tenure here, made 2 PBs (should've had 2 more) and was a top 3 all-around 4-3 LE in the league, from 2012-2019.

Going out the way he did is absolutely shitty, but it is what it is at this point and all any of us can do is move on. We got something in return and saved money, so we're in better shape for the future than we were with him.

"Unofficially."

Those Eddie Edwards, Coy Bacon, Ross Browner DLs were the best in franshise history. We had the better team in BOTH SB losses to SF. The first one for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:58 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Stacked with mediocrity.

Can't see tshem trading Price whilst Hopkins, Hart and Jonah are all injured and it's too soon to start Spain and Finney. Maybe something after Sunday so the new guys have the bye week to learn the playbook?

What this also does is signal to other teams that the Bengals are open to trading players so they may now get some more enquiries about Price and Ross.

That's what I think too.
The Bengals will have until Tuesday Nov 3 4:00 PM EST.
So they could keep the rest of their guys through this weekend for the last game before the bye and then ship out any on Monday or Tuesday.
Any new players would have an extra week of time to ramp up before the Steelers game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 03:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And this is the only real answer anyone should give.

"Unofficially."

Only because the NFL didn't count that statistic during his first 36
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder if this will affect the Spain signing?

Seems we're getting pretty stacked at the interior with our 2 starting OTs on the shelf

No because Spain has basically already signed
Reply/Quote
Really sucks it had to end this way. Sucks that I'm glad he's gone because he seemed to be a classy guy. Now maybe the locker room drama will cease and the players can get back to concentrating on footballz.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 03:56 PM)Mer Wrote: Good morning sunshine. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
???

TF does this even mean? He made those comments in the 2015 offseason; nothing to agree or disagree with, it's a fact.

(10-28-2020, 04:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Only because the NFL didn't count that statistic during his first 36

Correct; but then again, (and this isn't defending Dunlap, this goes for EVERY player), how can these stats be considered legit, until they're official?

Thus, Dunlap and Geno are 1 and 2 in total team sacks, for a career. Officially.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 04:05 PM)Trademark Wrote: No because Spain has basically already signed

He can't be in the facility before Friday so we're essentially in a blackout period until then

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Shots fired  Nervous

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is total bullshit.

He was one of the most productive DEs in the entire league over the last decade.  He didn't take off any more plays than any other top player in the league.

Hence why he had such amazing numbers this year from when he was starting.... oh wait...

His numbers were way down and he was outplayed by Hubbard and Lawson.

Dunlop was good... and now he is older and not the same guy. Mix that with his terrible handling of this and it is a good thing he is gone. Let him be someone else's headahce.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 04:17 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Shots fired  Nervous

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Meh, just adds to the sitch; if he didn't go on like this for 3 weeks, then I'd be nervous, but we know his feelings/stance on things.
Reply/Quote
We got a 7 and OL depth for a player whose bridges were burned and was not playing again. Whilst one can take Carlos side in the dispute the fact is the dispute happened. Better a 7 and depth than nothing.

Price BTW is going nowhere. He stepped in for Hopkins when he went down and did a good job. We need people who can do that.
Reply/Quote
Two time Pro Bowler. Two time Walter Payton Man of the Year Nominee. Second in sacks for the franchise.

To disgruntled pariah. Surprised the Brown family rewarded him with a trade.

Last year it was Glenn. This year it's Dunlop. Who are they going to coach up next year?
Reply/Quote
I'm sad to see Los go, but it was definitely time.

Thankful for everything he did for us and wish him well. Also looking forward to see what Finney can do and what we do with this pick as well.

We have a ton of holes to fill, will have to use both FA and the draft to get this thing going, but I believe they can right the ship, and sooner than most people think.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's going to pull up some stats that are heavily influenced to be painting Carlos in the very best light.  How will he do it?  Well, let me tell you.

1.) He's going to use total numbers from 2010-2020.  That's seem fair enough.  Except... How many defensive ends played in all of these years?  How many of them played all of these years in their prime?  And how many of them never missed significant time during their careers?

See what happens when using total numbers, is you're going to eliminate the overwhelming majority of the pool.  There's only a handful of DE's that have played in all of these seasons, while in their prime.

A guy that was better from 2006-2016 won't be fairly included.  A guy from 2013-present won't be fairly included.  There are very few players that meet his exact criteria.

2.) He's going to use DE stats alone.  No edge rushers.  The problem with this is half the league runs a 3-4.  So roughly 50% of the league doesn't have players than will count towards these stats.

Don't get me wrong, Carlos has had a pretty good career.  But Fred is going to try to paint the picture he's 2nd in this, 4th in this, 7th in this, etc.  And while that may be true, it's only true when looking at in his way.

The fact of the matter is Carlos has only had 1 double digit sack season.  1.  He averages around 8 for his career.  He's good in the run, and he's good at batting down balls, but it's like he's some game changing 15+ sack, 5 FF, 5 FR monster.

Conclusion = Don't buy Fred's incoming bs. 

Very true. I can still remember a decade ago on the old forum Fred pulling out some meaningless, obscire stat to prove that Marvin Lewis aas better than Bill Belichek. Ditto with some stat for Carson Palmer to show he was better than Manning and Brady. 

Truthfully I kinda miss that Fred! We could use some of that positivity right about now.  
Reply/Quote