Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap traded to Seattle
I hope he tanks there...
Reply/Quote
This is for the best to all involved. Dunlap leaves as an all-time Bengals great and now the team can move on to whatever it is Zac is doing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to Dunlap in Seattle. Hope he finds himself happy there and has some success. Gave too many good years here for me to be bitter or wish him ill, regardless of how rough the exit was.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I am not able to get the radio broadcast of the game, so I do not have a chance to listen to anything Lapham says.
I also don't follow Breer on Twitter nor watch/listen to any show, so I don't know what he has said.
Can you provide links?

You should be able to get the Bengals Booth Podcast which features Lap

https://www.bengals.com/audio/bengalsboothpodcast
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Links to these stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's going to pull up some stats that are heavily influenced to be painting Carlos in the very best light.  How will he do it?  Well, let me tell you.

1.) He's going to use total numbers from 2010-2020.  That's seem fair enough.  Except... How many defensive ends played in all of these years?  How many of them played all of these years in their prime?  And how many of them never missed significant time during their careers?

See what happens when using total numbers, is you're going to eliminate the overwhelming majority of the pool.  There's only a handful of DE's that have played in all of these seasons, while in their prime.

A guy that was better from 2006-2016 won't be fairly included. A guy from 2013-present won't be fairly included. There are very few players that meet his exact criteria.

2.) He's going to use DE stats alone.  No edge rushers.  The problem with this is half the league runs a 3-4.  So roughly 50% of the league doesn't have players than will count towards these stats.

Don't get me wrong, Carlos has had a pretty good career.  But Fred is going to try to paint the picture he's 2nd in this, 4th in this, 7th in this, etc.  And while that may be true, it's only true when looking at in his way.

The fact of the matter is Carlos has only had 1 double digit sack season.  1.  He averages around 8 for his career.  He's good in the run, and he's good at batting down balls, but it's like he's some game changing 15+ sack, 5 FF, 5 FR monster.

Conclusion = Don't buy Fred's incoming bs. 
Reply/Quote
& Eddie Edwards remains the franchise leader with 83.5 sacks. Dunlap is second with 82.5
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:30 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Finney's best PFF season was a 72 overall (2016). His worst was 2019 (56)

Looks solid for an undrafted

(10-28-2020, 01:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Also got a 7th round pick

Nice move. I like it. Wish Dunlap the best, always liked the guy until this year where he was acting childish.

Thought I saw a fight breaking out on our sideline after the game, any info on this?

(10-28-2020, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder if this will affect the Spain signing?

Seems we're getting pretty stacked at the interior with our 2 starting OTs on the shelf

Did we sign Spain too?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our coaches know that Dunlap is not even as good as scrubs you can sign off the street, yet Seattle gave up a player to get him.

Seahawks are so stupid.  Guess that is why they are perennial losers while the Bengals are "Building a culture".

Yes

Seahawks are buying a lottery ticket, hoping he will get in shape and return to his late 2019 form.  The culture being built here is better without him.  If he was producing at all and addressing playing time by actually playing harder vs. whining, he would have never been dealt.  Both teams did the right thing.

Seahawks bought a lottery ticket and Bengals got oline depth, a draft pick, rid of a cancer, and saved a ton of cap space.  

And FWIW, the seahawks were perennial losers for a very long time as well.  
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice move. I like it. Wish Dunlap the best, always liked the guy until this year where he was acting childish.

Thought I saw a fight breaking out on our sideline after the game, any info on this?

Did we sign Spain too?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 2.) He's going to use DE stats alone.  No edge rushers.  The problem with this is half the league runs a 3-4.  So roughly 50% of the league doesn't have players than will count towards these stats.

Good. I'm not exactly known as a Fred defender on here, but 4-3 DEs and 3-4 edge rushers are very different things.

You throw Von Miller into a 4-3 defense and he's going to get ate up at 6'3, 250 trying to contain the edge and having heavy run stopping responsibilities. He'll also find himself going up against 300-330lb OL a whole lot more than 250lb TEs/210lb RBs, which will cut down on his sack numbers.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:24 PM)Mer Wrote: Umm... They also make a lot more money. I don't feel sorry for them. 

If his main motivation was money, he could have just sucked it up and gotten all that money while on the bench.
But clearly, it wasn't just about money. He specifically did not like what his role was with his company and he wanted out.

I don't feel sorry for him either, as I probably would have just said, "Hey, I'm getting paid regardless so it's cool," but I can understand his desire to want to be somewhere else that values you more in a way that you value.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did we sign Spain too?

Won't know about that until likely Friday. It takes a full 48 hours to pass through Convid19 Protocols.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good. I'm not exactly known as a Fred defender on here, but 4-3 DEs and 3-4 edge rushers are very different things.

You throw Von Miller into a 4-3 defense and he's going to get ate up at 6'3, 250 trying to contain the edge and having heavy run stopping responsibilities. He'll also find himself going up against 300-330lb OL a whole lot more than 250lb TEs/210lb RBs, which will cut down on his sack numbers.

Von Miller played a couple years in a 43 and put up great numbers. Also guys like Khalil Mack have played both 43 and 34 edge. Stuff like that skews OVERALL numbers when only comparing only one position group.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:28 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: You should be able to get the Bengals Booth Podcast which features Lap

https://www.bengals.com/audio/bengalsboothpodcast

Thanks.
I've never done a podcast before.
Frankly don't care for them, as I need visuals to go with audio, otherwise I get distracted and end up missing talking points. It's (partly) why I didn't do well in college classes that were strictly lectures lol.

I'm assuming this is a recurring one you linked, right? If so, can you reference me to the one specifically talking about Dunlap's effort? I don't want to have to go listen through all of them hoping I find it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Seahawks are buying a lottery ticket, hoping he will get in shape and return to his late 2019 form.  The culture being built here is better without him.  If he was producing at all and addressing playing time by actually playing harder vs. whining, he would have never been dealt.  Both teams did the right thing.

Seahawks bought a lottery ticket and Bengals got oline depth, a draft pick, rid of a cancer, and saved a ton of cap space.  

And FWIW, the seahawks were perennial losers for a very long time as well.  

[Image: brokenhandle.jpg]

Here's a broken shovel, now go dig me some ditches. No use whining about it when you could just work harder to dig the ditches with it instead.  (The broken shovel in this metaphor is Anarumo's crap D scheme.)

People keep talking about "the culture" being built here. At what point does this "culture" become about winning? Or producing good results?

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Acting like a middle school drama queen was not the only option that would've gotten him out of town. He and his agent could have worked behind the scenes to get it done as well, without all of the public nonsense.

Yes, in the end he accomplished what he wanted, but chose the worst way to do it, IMO. It changed my opinion of Carlos, because I didn't know he had the level of immaturity in him. Very disappointing. 

Carlos began to pitch a fit when he was moved down the depth chart. Instead of busting his butt to move back up and regain his spot, he went public with the disgruntled employee #96 routine. Did he even try going to management to seek a trade or his release before the public belly aching? Who knows? Carlos signed a contract to play here and I'm sure his game checks were delivered to him on time. The FO held up their end of the contract in a professional manner, too bad Carlos couldn't extend them the same courtesy. Love him or hate him but Marvin was right when he said, "Be a ***** Pro!!!"
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: brokenhandle.jpg]

Here's a broken shovel, now go dig me some ditches. No use whining about it when you could just work harder to dig the ditches with it instead.  (The broken shovel in this metaphor is Anarumo's crap D scheme.)

People keep talking about "the culture" being built here. At what point does this "culture" become about winning? Or producing good results?

Why is Lou still here? Is this seriously a "we'll evaluate at end of season" deal? lol
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Von Miller played a couple years in a 43 and put up great numbers. Also guys like Khalil Mack have played both 43 and 34 edge. Stuff like that skews OVERALL numbers when only comparing only one position group.

But as a SLB in the 4-3.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MillVo00.htm

Because nowhere on there does it list him as a DE.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2012/8/6/3223494/broncos-release-first-official-depth-chart-for-the-2012-season

This 2012 depth chart has him as a SLB.

- - - - - -

He never played as a 4-3 DE, because it's a whole different position. He was a 4-3 SLB and a 3-4 OLB. He would have been ate up as a 4-3 DE.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: brokenhandle.jpg]

But Carlos didn't complain about the broke shovel. He complained that he was asked not to dig as much and someone started digging more for him 
Reply/Quote
Best outcome we could have reasonably expected.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote