Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap traded to Seattle
(10-28-2020, 08:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Re: Cap Hits

We save somewhere around 3.9 mil this season by trading him.  (Note: Had we cut him we would have saved nothing this year, as his base salary this season was fully guaranteed.)

He now has a dead cap hit of 2.25 for next season.  The remaining 11+ mil for 2021 is now completely off the books.

The player Finny, who is coming in, will cost us around 1.5 mil this season and just over 4 mil next season if we choose to keep him.  We can cut him without owing him anything if we choose.

So, the deal basically looks like this:

We trade Carlos Dunlap.

We receive BJ Finney, a 7th round pick, and clear 2.4 mil (Dunlap savings - Finney cost) off 2020's books.  We also clear off 11 mil in 2021.

Looks better and better.
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with this trade.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 08:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks better and better.

Let’s hope this trade — and other trades to come before November — translates into wins. Wins and losses are the only statistics which truly matter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 08:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s hope this trade — and other trades to come before November — translates into wins.  Wins and losses are the only statistics which truly matter.

Yes sir, lets hope. Geez, if under Taylor we could string together a couple wins in a row it would give us all much more confidence.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 08:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s hope this trade — and other trades to come before November — translates into wins.  Wins and losses are the only statistics which truly matter.

Sadly, Carlos is not the reason the Bengals haven't been winning since Taylor and his pals came aboard.

Reply/Quote
What is a “geechie kid”

Reply/Quote
I like hearing Los being classy. Needed to hear it. Wish him the best. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Sadly, Carlos is not the reason the Bengals haven't been winning since Taylor and his pals came aboard.

He sure wasn't helping us win this year except a couple plays here and there.

Lawson, Hubbard have been way better and haven't been disgruntled. Was a good trade for us all the way around.

Was getting sick of the way Dunlap was over pursuing and giving QB's and RB's lanes to run.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What is a “geechie kid”

someone from the Gullah people of the low country of South Carolina

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What is a “geechie kid”

Mostly close West African immigrants and descendants living in the Southeast of the US. Like many other things, others have also adopted the name/meaning to fit their own definition.  
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like hearing Los being classy. Needed to hear it. Wish him the best. Rock On

That’s why I think what he was doing was purposeful. He knew the only way to get out was forcing the team’s hand with bad behavior.

It’s easy for us fans to say “He shoulda...” but not many of us are in jobs we can’t quit. You work for GM, you can quit and go work for Ford. His only options to go work for another company were a trade (which the Bengals only do in season once a decade) or be cut.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: That’s why I think what he was doing was purposeful. He knew the only way to get out was forcing the team’s hand with bad behavior.

It’s easy for us fans to say “He shoulda...” but not many of us are in jobs we can’t quit. You work for GM, you can quit and go work for Ford. His only options to go work for another company were a trade (which the Bengals only do in season once a decade) or be cut.

Guess that makes sense. Just wish he would of given full effort and went to work but maybe he just doesn't have it anymore.

Regardless the trade I think will end up better for us than the Seahawks. That is if he doesn't have it anymore.

But he might fit right in there, who knows. I like us getting Finney and unloading all that dough for what he was bringing to the table.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess that makes sense. Just wish he would of given full effort and went to work but maybe he just doesn't have it anymore.

We’ll find out soon.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He sure wasn't helping us win this year except a couple plays here and there.

Lawson, Hubbard have been way better and haven't been disgruntled. Was a good trade for us all the way around.

Was getting sick of the way Dunlap was over pursuing and giving QB's and RB's lanes to run.

While Carlos needed to be traded/cut it should  also be noted that the coaching staff really screwed this all up as well. Seriously don't we have to be concerned that Lou couldn't figure out away to use Dunlap properly? The best thing a coach can do is play To the players strengths not just follow a system blindly which is what Lou did.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just realised; unless he gets hurt, Dunlap's playing 17 games this year :o
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just realised; unless he gets hurt, Dunlap's playing 17 games this year :o

he won't be playing this weekend.  he has to clear COVID protocol 

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:51 PM)J24 Wrote: While Carlos needed to be traded/cut it should  also be noted that the coaching staff really screwed this all up as well. Seriously don't we have to be concerned that Lou couldn't figure out away to use Dunlap properly? The best thing a coach can do is play To the players strengths not just follow a system blindly which is what Lou did.

I have no excuses for Lou man.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What is a “geechie kid”

Geechie/Gullah. A group of Americans, primarily of West African descent, living in the Low Country region of S.C./GA.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:41 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Geechie/Gullah.  A group of Americans, primarily of West African descent, living in the Low Country region of S.C./GA.

Holy Crap!

Your sig just made me realize that Zac is actually dragging DOWN Mike Browns terrible winning percentage!
Reply/Quote