Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dupree & Williams admit to trying to "exact revenge" for Shazier injury
(10-11-2018, 05:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: The sad part?  Bud Dupree was not like that at UK.  To me, it just proves that culture is taught and embraced in Shitsburgh. It's why I'd hate those pole smokers even if I was a CFL fan.
This is true. I'm a season ticket holder at UK and really liked him while he played there. When the Steelers drafted him I thought "oh crap". 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 10:19 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Agree.  For me. the game comes down to two factors, one which this team DOES have control of:

1.  Not responding to the 'button pushing' that will go on.

2.  Unbiased officiating.

Yep.....number 1 is especially imperative, and maybe leads to none of number 2.

(10-11-2018, 11:36 AM)BengalRed Wrote: This is true. I'm a season ticket holder at UK and really liked him while he played there. When the Steelers drafted him I thought "oh crap". 

Absolutely.  I'm not a season ticket holder, but I make it to a few games here and there.  Bud was a clean player in Lexington.  I hope Allen doesn't go to those shitbags.  In fact, we should be looking long and hard at him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Seriously Shazier hurt himself trying to tackle a guy, it wasnt a dirty block or anything. If you're trying to "exact revenge" for that then you're pure effing trash and don't belong on the field. Not shocked something like this comes out of that team though.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 11:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....number 1 is especially imperative, and maybe leads to none of number 2.

Absolutely.  I'm not a season ticket holder, but I make it to a few games here and there.  Bud was a clean player in Lexington.  I hope Allen doesn't go to those shitbags.  In fact, we should be looking long and hard at him.

Could you imagine if Randall Cobb had been drafted by the Steelers? He is beloved here in Lexington. Hopefully Allen will go high before the Steelers could get to him. Dude's a beast.
Reply/Quote
There was a Steelers player who made death threats online against Burfict and nothing was ever done about it. Just like Antonio Brown making threats against a reporter, and a Steelers coaching pulling a player's hair, and a Steeler's headcoach trying to trip a player on the field during a big return.

Nothing will ever come from it because the commissioner was literally given his job by the Rooneys.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 12:38 PM)Deacon Wrote: Chemtrails. Razor blades in halloween candy. CIA mind control. All have about as much to do with what's going on as the Rooneys and their one vote out of 32 on commissioner. 

I mean, I hate the Steelers as much as the next guy but this kind of talk makes us sound like we should be wearing tinfoil hats. You're letting them get in your head. You know why we get our asses handed to us by Pitt? They're trying to win a football game, we're trying to fight them on every front possible. If we, and subsequently, our players, didn't get wrapped up in this crap and focused on the game, I think the team and we as fans would be a lot better off.

Are you saying razor blades in Halloween candy is a conspiracy? That it never has happened?  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 12:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: steeler way got him hurt plain and simple.

This.

(10-11-2018, 05:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: The sad part?  Bud Dupree was not like that at UK.  To me, it just proves that culture is taught and embraced in Shitsburgh. It's why I'd hate those pole smokers even if I was a CFL fan.

...and this. We'd probably be seeing some cheap shots from TJ Watt as well, if the NFL wasn't in crack down mode.

(10-11-2018, 08:14 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If I recall correctly, Shazier never lowered his head at Ohio State either. 

Gotta love the "Steeler way". Blows my mind so many people still see the Bengals as the "bad guys" in this rivalry. The media is mostly to blame but the sheer ignorance of the masses is astounding. 

A lot of people let the media formulate their opinions for them.

(10-11-2018, 10:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hmm If we were 1-4?  I'd prolly be down with that. LMAO

I'll never let go of the disdain for the Stoolers......I'm just tired of suspensions and injuries.

Exactly why I don't want Tez seeking revenge. If he farts in a Steelers' general direction, it's going to be a season-long suspension.

We've already seen the with Tez/without Tez affect this year. We NEED that guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 11:53 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Could you imagine if Randall Cobb had been drafted by the Steelers? He is beloved here in Lexington. Hopefully Allen will go high before the Steelers could get to him. Dude's a beast.

That would have been horrible.  Yes, I've never seen a guy at his position be able to cover like he can, let alone all he does rushing the QB.  I hope you're right, and sure hope Benny doesn't go there either.

Reply/Quote
He injured himself by tackling with his helmet.

What revenge do they want ? Against brains ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 12:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There was a Steelers player who made death threats online against Burfict and nothing was ever done about it. Just like Antonio Brown making threats against a reporter, and a Steelers coaching pulling a player's hair, and a Steeler's headcoach trying to trip a player on the field during a big return.

Nothing will ever come from it because the commissioner was literally given his job by the Rooneys.

This is a fact.....hell, folks can look it up if they wish to learn....they "shared an embrace and tears" when Dan Rooney himself went to tell ol' Rog the news in Goddell's hotel room.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 10:01 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This has to be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said. How in the truck can someone think a player intentionally hurt Shazier on that particular play? I mean, seriously. He hit Malone, with another steeler defender coming in shortly after. I am at a loss of words for this, tbh. Look at that play again. It makes 0 sense for the team to think someone intentionally hurt Ryan on that play.

They're trying to get in the Bengals head.

BINGO!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 10:39 AM)bengals67 Wrote: We have seen this playout too many times.

Be prepared for a lot of holding by Steeler o line not being called and some cynical hits by Steelers with no flags.

Smiley face Hines Ward ruined the career of Keith Rivers. Of all the cheap shots they have taken against the Bengals, that is the one I will always remember.

wish I could double rep

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Dumbass.

[Image: fN5XzPh.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Its almost like these guys before playing for Pittsburgh were low key pieces of shit, but once drafted or signed they figured it's ok to be out as a piece of shit.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 07:11 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Didn't the NFL suspend and fine Sean Payton, and some of the Saints once for "Bounty Head Hunting"?  Why would this not warrant an investigation?

Oh yeah, I forgot who we were talking about.   Pitt Sux

Semantics when you consider it all, but Payton's headhunting paid out cash incentives to take out certain players. It was direct. Unlike the indirect boost to a player's contract come negotiation time for taking out players.

but indirect won't get you an investigation, plus these two guys weren't paying anyone to get "revenge."
Reply/Quote
It was Vince Williams who said that he was going to "paint" Burfict if he ever saw him in public. By paint, he meant put him in the crosshairs of a gun and shoot him.
Reply/Quote
Keep your head about you. Stay in control. Its not like the Bengals aren't talented enough to beat them..Nuff' Said.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 08:10 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: And Mixon left the same game with a severe concussion that none of the talking heads seem to remember Whatever

Scumbag organization from top to bottom. From the players on down to the fans. If only karma truly existed Whatever

I think it does. Ask Shazier how that hit on Bernard is working out for him now.
Reply/Quote
It was obviously Malone's fault for not turning around to let Sazier hit him directly in the face..  Yup, definitely a dirty play by Malone..  Nervous

Note to squeelers everywhere: Sympathy is between sh*t and syphilis in the dictionary.. And of course they think it's worthy of pretending the Bengals had anything whatever to do with his injury . Hell, I don't think they were even penalized for a clearly illegal hit. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 12:38 PM)Deacon Wrote: Chemtrails. Razor blades in halloween candy. CIA mind control. All have about as much to do with what's going on as the Rooneys and their one vote out of 32 on commissioner. 

I mean, I hate the Steelers as much as the next guy but this kind of talk makes us sound like we should be wearing tinfoil hats. You're letting them get in your head. You know why we get our asses handed to us by Pitt? They're trying to win a football game, we're trying to fight them on every front possible. If we, and subsequently, our players, didn't get wrapped up in this crap and focused on the game, I think the team and we as fans would be a lot better off.

This is a pretty ignorant post.

A bit of research might serve you better than the random heavy condescension. Do even the most basic of basic research and you'll find that Dan Rooney and Roger Goodell were an item even before he became commissioner. They were very close. It's never been a secret.

- - - - - - - - - -

http://www.gctelegram.com/4b0636e1-921c-5cfe-a378-d69999a9be4c.html

Quote:“I don’t think there are any figures more important than Dan Rooney over the years,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Quote:The two men forged a friendship long before Dan Rooney knocked on Goodell’s hotel room door in 2006 to inform him he had just been elected commissioner.

“I can’t think of anyone I was closer to in the NFL, by far,” Goodell said. “I just admired him on every single level. He was a friend, a mentor, almost a father-like figure for so many years, well before I became commissioner. We would speak almost every day about the league, about different issues, the history of the game, the importance of things, what made the league successful."
Quote:Goodell helped keep the Steelers in the Rooney family during the transformation of the franchise ownership in 2008. Some of Rooney’s brothers investigated selling the team to billionaire hedge fund manager Stanley Druckenmller, a Pittsburgh native. While Druckenmiller promised to keep the Rooneys running the Steelers, Goodell preferred they remain under Rooney ownership.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote