Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eifert OUT indefinitely
Cincy Jungle posted today saying that Tyler Eifert's recovery timetable is worse than originally thought. They're saying he may not be able to come back until Week 5, missing Week 4 against the Dolphins.

Given how integral Eifert was to the Bengals' redzone success on offense last year, how do you all think this injury will ultimately affect the Bengals in the short term? We can only hope C.J. Uzomah is the real deal. That redzone production was so vital to our success last year.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
What is up the title ?

Reply/Quote
Call me a big ol' defeatist, but "out until at least week 5" is no worse than I've been thinking. Ugh, I was bitterly and nervously joking when I said we might be debating whether or not Eifert should stay stateside while the Bengals fly to London to give him an extra 2 weeks to heal up, but here we are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is one of the few times I'm on the optimist side of things.

I think he will be back sooner than Cincy Jungle expects.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:13 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Cincy Jungle posted today saying that Tyler Eifert's recovery timetable is worse than originally thought. They're saying he may not be able to come back until Week 5, missing Week 4 against the Dolphins.

Given how integral Eifert was to the Bengals' redzone success on offense last year, how do you all think this injury will ultimately affect the Bengals in the short term? We can only hope C.J. Uzomah is the real deal. That redzone production was so vital to our success last year.

Indefinitely = 5 weeks?

Eifert being out less than the 6 week pup min is a Plus if anything not a hurt.

and I just saw something about a positive turn in his recovery I believe from cincy jungle.
Reply/Quote
I just want him to come back at 100%....don't want Eifert to risk injuring it further.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This is one of the few times I'm on the optimist side of things.

I think he will be back sooner than Cincy Jungle expects.

How long have you been optimistic about it, though?  Haven't we heard incrementally bad news about this injury over the course of the past 7.5 months?
Reply/Quote
I think we are mising the bigger picture. Eifert is available for me as a keeper in FF. If I keep him it costs me a 3rd round pick. They need to be more definitive on the timeline so I can make my decision.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Indefinitely = 5 weeks?

Eifert being out less than the 6 week pup min is a Plus if anything not a hurt.

and I just saw something about a positive turn in his recovery I believe from cincy jungle.

Exactly. Plus it is Cincy Jungle, which can be entertaining at times, has also been known to not get it right at times. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we are mising the bigger picture. Eifert is available for me as a keeper in FF. If I keep him it costs me a 3rd round pick. They need to be more definitive on the timeline so I can make my decision.

If we're talking side stuff I could have told you Eifert's luck was in short supply as soon as I decided to make him the first new NFL jersey I purchased since Erik Kramer was the starting QB for the Bears.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How long have you been optimistic about it, though?  Haven't we heard incrementally bad news about this injury over the course of the past 7.5 months?

I watched the injury happen, and it didn't seem that bad at the time. He is out of the boot, so he is on the right path, I feel like usually when a player gets out of a boot he is a month or so away.

I think people dwell too much on times like the Marvin Jones foot incident and disregard full recoveries like Burficts.

We'll see what happens, but I don't think it's time to hit the panic button yet.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 55959527.jpg]

When Hobspin is willing to admit he'll likely miss the first week or two of the season months in advance, you pretty much should have known it was worse and will be more.

Same reason they called it a "minor surgery" and yet said it'll be a recovery time of like 3 months.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Read the article. It is nothing but a guess by someone who has no knowledge of the exact nature of Eiferts injury or how he is recovering.

Absolutely nothing has changed since the Bengals originally reported he would be out 1 or 2 games. But anytime they predict 1 or 2 no one should be surprised if he misses 3 or 4.

There have been no set backs or complications. Nothing has changed.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If we're talking side stuff I could have told you Eifert's luck was in short supply as soon as I decided to make him the first new NFL jersey I purchased since Erik Kramer was the starting QB for the Bears.

So it's your fault!

Seriously though... wasn't this thing first reported as a sprained ankle?  Then it was said that week one "could be in jeopardy".  Let's be real... if they are starting to float week five, then their must have been some sort of setback and they probably have no true idea of a timeline.

Does anyone on this team ever heal quicker than expected??
Reply/Quote
Tight ends are fragile things.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think people dwell too much on times like the Marvin Jones foot incident and disregard full recoveries like Burficts.

This.

Many Bengal players have returned right on time and fully recovered, but for some reason people only remember the times that they don't.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:58 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Does anyone on this team ever heal quicker than expected??

Palmer shocked everyone with the way he was fully recovered by the start of the '06 season.

And plenty of other players have returned exactly when the team claimed they would.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Palmer shocked everyone with the way he was fully recovered by the start of the '06 season.

And plenty of other players have returned exactly when the team claimed they would.

Palmer did not look himself in 2006.  He had a good year but it was clear he did not fully trust the knee.  
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 02:04 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Palmer did not look himself in 2006.  He had a good year but it was clear he did not fully trust the knee.  

He looked awesome in '06 and actually was better than '05 in some categories.

But even if you are correct that does not change the fact that most people claimed he would not be 100% (or even playing) by opening day.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Many Bengal players have returned right on time and fully recovered, but for some reason people only remember the times that they don't.

Reminds me of the ways my first 3 wives never wanted to talk about the nights where I DIDN'T sleep with the babysitter!
Reply/Quote