Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Returns
(03-16-2018, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seems like you’d rather be right about him getting hurt than having him on the the field...

Only thing I'd rather be right about is I've been fooled once, twice, three, four, five times with believing in Eifert and unlike some of you guys can't be fooled again (In my George Bush voice).

But it is what it is. He's a Bengal. And I've never had a problem with Bengal flavored crow. So if somehow makes it through the season, I'll happily take my dish. That's all you need to know about me and some of my negative thoughts on the team.

I see better than I read from you all. Especially during the months of blind optimism.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And your opinion does not equal fact.

Just a few months ago you claimed it was a "fact" that Paul Alexander and Adam Jones would be back next year and we would not make any big moves in free agency, remember?

No.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since you are 100% guaranteeing it will happen you don't mind giving me 100 to 1 odds do you?

You win you get to control my sig for a week.  I win I control yours for 100 weeks.

And it has to knock him out for a complete game.

That's an unfair bet Fred, we all know the odds of him getting hurt are high. Besides, I'm not here to wish for him to get hurt as accused. I'm just stating we've read this script before, and when contracts for Jensen, Fleming, Sullivan, Bowman, Vacarro, Reid, Burnett, Carradine come out, if they are less than 8m on one year deals, I'll be frustrated with the Front Office. That would have been better money spent then living in 2015. If we wanted another TE we could have signed Ebron. The FO can't be scared of change.

And it's time to see what we really have in Kroft. Who showed potential and should be the focus of an extension.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Great we can waste another year planning on Eifert playing and then having it blow up in our face. It was time to move on and try to get a new young TE that can stay healthy. This is just kicking the can down the road.

Who says they don't plan to draft a new TE and give him time to transition to the NFL? Eifert could be a 1 year stop gap for that. Pretty sure they wouldn't put all of their eggs in one basket with Eifert. And if Eifert has a great year, we can try to keep him or let him go via FA and get a comp pick lol, you know, we build thru the draft. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Bittersweet - although there aren't too many guys out there that I want at this point.

Amazing that it means we've priced ourself out of Bodine.  Who would have ever thought that?

LOL No, Bodine is vet minimum. So we are still in the hunt. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 12:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: That's an unfair bet Fred,

Not if you know he is going to get hurt.

You have nothing to lose.

How is that unfair?
Reply/Quote
Ok. Fred. I said what I said. I'm moving on. I'm sure we'll cross paths to "debate" in another thread somewhere.

And as always, I'll look forward to it.

In terms you understand. I rest my case.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: Eifert. Um yea. That's not a reach by any means.

Facts matter.

Well while you're betting on Eifert to get hurt I'll be rooting for him to stay healthy.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Shrugs. I said what I said.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:03 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I agree. I felt like he is better than Gronk in that aspect. His routes are a bit more crisp. Both, ironically, have massive injury concerns. 

Regardless, if we can manage a full season out of him, that will be a large win.

Look forward to seeing Dalton, Mixon, Green, Ross, Kroft and Eifert on the same field together. Lot of targets.

yes "s----T Happens" but I see big signs of hope.      Lets get a good draft and beat them damn steelers!!!  
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 12:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who says they don't plan to draft a new TE and give him time to transition to the NFL? Eifert could be a 1 year stop gap for that. Pretty sure they wouldn't put all of their eggs in one basket with Eifert. And if Eifert has a great year, we can try to keep him or let him go via FA and get a comp pick lol, you know, we build thru the draft. Ninja

You'll be able to knock me over with a feather if we don't draft a TE, maybe even more than one. After this season, we won't have Eifert, Kroft, or Uzomah under contract. I just don't see our FO paint themselves into a Free Agency corner next year.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:24 PM)impactplaya Wrote: unreal how some of the posters on here act like Eifert coming back is a cancer or a negative to
the roster .
HEY NEWSFLASH NEGATIVE NANCIES.
ANY RESURGENCE OF THE BENGALS OFFENSE BACK TO TOP.10 FORM HAS CORDY GLENN
AND TYLER EIFERT IN THE CONVERSATION!!
he actually wants to be Bengal and it guys like him that can help turn a culture around !!
wasn't that long ago Corey Dillon and Carl Pickens wanted out of Cincy.
boohoo the Bengals resigned a TE who has the 3rd best red zone production over the last few years
go to.your mom's basement with your Matt Schoebel jersey and Ben Utech signed Topps card

(03-15-2018, 11:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]

I love this board.
Reply/Quote