Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert may not be ready for training camp
So much for the optimistic outlook just a couple weeks ago.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19181268/tyler-eifert-cincinnati-bengals-says-back-feels-great-unsure-ready-camp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
[Image: 24095ff5b9e126f913ce7c4ed85e93b4.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good thing we have 11 draft picks. You can write TE down as a must draft in pen now.
Reply/Quote
#88 is gonna be an available number and OJ Howard will be there. Perfect fit obviously
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 02:30 AM)eoxyod Wrote: #88 is gonna be an available number and OJ Howard will be there. Perfect fit obviously

All the more reason to take Howard.  Eifert cannot stay healthy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't want to give him big money for this reason. Has he ever played a full season? This is why I'm all for OJ Howard at #9.
Reply/Quote
I agree. OJ is likely the pick. Nerve damage can take awhile to recover from, if ever...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
All hes doing is taking it easy.. Dosent really need tc anyway. Would u really have him rush back and reinjure himself for tc? Side note last 3 years gronks missed 25 games. So its not like hes the only one.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 11:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: So much for the optimistic outlook just a couple weeks ago.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19181268/tyler-eifert-cincinnati-bengals-says-back-feels-great-unsure-ready-camp

[Image: 63594749.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bummer. OJ Howard looking like a great pick, at this point.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I was against Howard, but at this point I can deal with it. The issue is it seems like a net gain of 0 if we are without Eiffert and gain Howard. I don't think it makes us better other than maybe he is on the field more often. Kind of a bummer, if we take Howard I hope we get another 2nd somewhere to make a positive gain overall.
Reply/Quote
At this point, I can't see why OJ Howard shouldn't be the odds-on favorite for #9. Eifert continues to be a risk and is also entering a contract year.
Besides, it might help Eifert's chances to stay healthy if he's asked to play less snaps.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Same old song and dance with him.

Damn it man, but not a shocker.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Almost forces our hand to take a TE in the first 3 rounds.Doesnt matter how good you are if you can't make the field.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 10:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Same old song and dance with him.

Damn it man, but not a shocker.

That isn't a shocker, but THIS IS!

[Image: 1200px-Wichita_State_Shockers_logo.svg.png]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
When he says "nerve damage" and "lost of strength", you really have to be concerned. At this point, I think the bigger news would be if Eifert was entering a season healthy with no limitations.
Reply/Quote
Leaning more towards OJ howard everyday
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 02:30 AM)eoxyod Wrote: #88 is gonna be an available number and OJ Howard will be there. Perfect fit obviously

I see Linebacker as just as much concern as TE... Minter one year contract.. Burfict UFA after this season plus healthy issues.. so both TE and LB are major depth issues and impact player issues
Reply/Quote
We've heard this narrative before.

Any official time frame with Tyler Eifert, might as well add 4-6 weeks.
Reply/Quote
Howard's stock just shot up with us, for sure. CJ Uzomah might be an ok backup, but he's no Eifert, and he's no OJ Howard. I think we have to scratch Eifert off as a loss. Dude's rarely been healthy. Now this. We don't know when or if he'll ever be able to play again.

It sucks, because it wasn't a position of need until now. I know there are TEs we could take in the 3rd or 4th Rounds, but they won't be as good as Howard. There are a few players I'd still consider ahead of him. It depends on who else is there – J. Allen, M. Hooker, J. Adams. H. Reddick even. At this point though, I'd have to say Howard could be at the top of our big board.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote