Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert not practicing
(10-05-2016, 10:39 PM)JumboTron Wrote: We're screwed...

that's pretty much what it comes down to. coaching. we fail at it on the regular. smfh.......you been a fan long enough you also understand. we aren't browns or dolphin fans (add in jaguar and shitty team here) don't accept mediocrity. it's that simple. our "who dey" shouldn't go back to some shitty rap song from the 80's. which it does. jus turrible......
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We can only go by what he did in this offense and he was quite productive. Your assumption that the 28 year old washed up version wouldn't help right now is merely an opinion. 

If Gresh were still as good as he was here, why has he been unable to usurp the likes of journeymen like Daniel Fells and whatever scrub they have this year? Gresh has something like 8 catches in over a season, while playing with a QB that helped him catch 47 passes as a rookie.

Your assumption that Gresh is fine and would pick up where he left off is merely an opinion. The facts don't paint a bright picture. Maybe injuries caught up with him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This teams medical staff has always been a joke. Its part of the reason why Palmer went with his own Doctors. It just seems like injuries that are minor on other teams are season ending with this team, and our doctors never seem to be able to predict when a player will return. Always a SETBACK! Always.

It's a Bengal thing. as you get used to it you get more pissed off about it. and then you get more used to it. so on and so forth......
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:00 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Gresham led the league in penalties for offensive skill positions, or was really close to the top for multiple seasons.  Huge disappointment for a 1st rounder - I don't care how well he blocked.  Ced was good for a while but was pretty close to cooked when they finally let him go.  He just didn't have it anymore.  I believe he tried to make the Packers roster and couldn't crack the 53 due to an injury.

A lot of those penalties while committed by Gresham, should be put on the OC.

How many times did we see Gresham blocking one-on-one against DEs like Cameron Wake? Gotta give your TE some help against Pro Bowl and All-Pro DEs, but the Bengals never really seemed interested in doing that.

(10-06-2016, 12:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nope. Not unless you can time travel to 2012 and bring "average" Gresham back. The washed up version that has "played" for the Cardinals probably wouldn't help much right now.

I think he's just a bit of a product of what they need in Arizona. Last year Fitzgerald had 1200 yards, Brown had 1000 yards, and Floyd had 850 yards. They didn't need more receiving threats. They needed someone to block.

This year again they have 3 people with over 200 yards receiving, and 5 with over 150 yards, and that's even with Palmer regressing a little.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:00 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Gresham led the league in penalties for offensive skill positions, or was really close to the top for multiple seasons.  Huge disappointment for a 1st rounder - I don't care how well he blocked.  Ced was good for a while but was pretty close to cooked when they finally let him go.  He just didn't have it anymore.  I believe he tried to make the Packers roster and couldn't crack the 53 due to an injury.

Yep,

Gresham was among the top 10 in the entire league two years in a row and just out of top 10 a 3rd year. One season he was like 4th place or something. Every single player in the top 10 was defensive except Gresham !

Throw in the total whiffs blocking a 1/3 of the time, the bonehead trying to stretch the ball fumbles for a meaningless half yard when he was 5 yards past the marker.

No thanks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals.com says Eifert Tweaked His Back...Nobody is saying he is out for the year. It does put his return to play in Dallas questionable. ....I'm also concerned that Hill had limited practice Wednesday. ..Even with extra days off we go limping into Dallas from injuries in practice ????
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 06:12 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals.com says Eifert Tweaked His Back...Nobody is saying he is out for the year.  It does put his return to play in Dallas questionable. ....I'm also concerned that Hill had limited practice Wednesday. ..Even with extra days off we go limping into Dallas from injuries in practice ????

On a side note...

Doesn't it seem like Hill gets dinged up almost every game?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 926.gif]

Reply/Quote
For everyone saying "he only tweaked is back", he might play in Dallas please remember he sprained his ankle nine months ago and we were all hoping he would finally be able to come back from that. Every time I hear the words "tweak and sprain" from this organization, I immediately wonder how many months the player will be out Ninja
Reply/Quote
Everyone saying "I knew he'd be out for the year" is full of it. He tweaked his back, that's a long way from his ankle. As for Gresham, no, I do not miss him or his at the worst part of the game false starts either.....
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 09:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So when I read this article the other day I immediately thought about Braham's knee:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/02/dez-bryant-injury-now-described-as-a-bone-bruise/

Had I read that when Richie was injured, I wouldn't have expected him to return at his age.

Dallas's staff sounds pretty crazy as well. Before it was a broken bone in his foot, now its a bone bruise...
Reply/Quote
People have to realize that the NFL has MANY motives regarding injuries. They have a motive to hide them. They have a motive to downplay them. They have a motive to exaggerate them. They have a motive to control what information gets out about how they go about evaluating them.

With the Bengals, I believe ZERO about what they say regarding injuries. They haven't been transparent about injuries for years and while I like Tyler Eifert, I'd bet my bottom dollar he played a big part in this issue as well. Hopefully he realizes it when he is a free agent and the team can quote the more than 2 full seasons he's "missed" in his 4-year rookie contract period.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Gresh were still as good as he was here, why has he been unable to usurp the likes of journeymen like Daniel Fells and whatever scrub they have this year? Gresh has something like 8 catches in over a season, while playing with a QB that helped him catch 47 passes as a rookie.

Your assumption that Gresh is fine and would pick up where he left off is merely an opinion. The facts don't paint a bright picture. Maybe injuries caught up with him.

AZ just uses TEs differently, I guess.  It's hard to look at Gresham being a moderately important part of what was 2015's #1 offense and declare that he's clearly turned to crap because the stat sheet looked better when he was here.

Meh, the whole "good riddance Gresham" narrative held some water in 2015 when we were convinced we couldn't have Eifert and Gresham on the field at the same time, but this year we have 0 TEs and I'm not really SURE Gresham couldn't put up another 500 yards and 5 TD season here.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AZ just uses TEs differently, I guess.  It's hard to look at Gresham being a moderately important part of what was 2015's #1 offense and declare that he's clearly turned to crap because the stat sheet looked better when he was here.

Meh, the whole "good riddance Gresham" narrative held some water in 2015 when we were convinced we couldn't have Eifert and Gresham on the field at the same time, but this year we have 0 TEs and I'm not really SURE Gresham couldn't put up another 500 yards and 5 TD season here.  

0 TE's eh? This is a more talented stable than we have ever had. Just cause Uzi and Kroft have not played well yet
does not mean Gresham could come back here and outplay either one. Uzomah is bigger and faster than Gresham
has ever been and Kroft just needs a little more time with Dalton cause he has hardly played with him.

Hewitt can play TE in a pinch but we like him at H-back where he helps our run game.

Once Eifert comes back we could have one of the youngest, most talented stable of TE's in the NFL and these young
guys will actually have some NFL snaps under their belt with our Franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 0 TE's eh? This is a more talented stable than we have ever had. Just cause Uzi and Kroft have not played well yet
does not mean Gresham could come back here and outplay either one. Uzomah is bigger and faster than Gresham
has ever been and Kroft just needs a little more time with Dalton cause he has hardly played with him.

Hewitt can play TE in a pinch but we like him at H-back where he helps our run game.

Once Eifert comes back we could have one of the youngest, most talented stable of TE's in the NFL and these young

It'd be nice if our "most talented TE stable ever " could do something, you have to admit.  Oh well, talent over results.  Maybe we can trade Dalton for Bortles, or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 0 TE's eh? This is a more talented stable than we have ever had. Just cause Uzi and Kroft have not played well yet

Eh, I am not the biggest Gresham fan, but I think if he came back he really wouldn't have much of a problem beating out Kroft as the #2 TE option because I think Gresh is still just a flat out better player imo.

It would be an interesting battle between Uzi and Gresh though.

Damn man, I just wish Eifert got his ass back already lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It'd be nice if our "most talented TE stable ever " could do something, you have to admit.  Oh well, talent over results.  Maybe we can trade Dalton for Bortles, or something.

God, how many games have Uzomah and Kroft even played in? 4 and 7 or something?

Give them some time to show the results is all i am saying. Uzomah has like a 57 yard reception this season in the Jets
game and should have atleast 2 TD's. He has had quite a few drops but most seem to be easy catches where he is looking
to run after the catch and gets ahead of himself. This is fixable.

Kroft is like an exact match to Gresham except he is also more athletic.

Whether you like it or not it was going to take some time for Dalton to get on track with his weapons besides Green.

You are clearly a Gresham homer who was a 1st round disappointment at best.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:30 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Eh, I am not the biggest Gresham fan, but I think if he came back he really wouldn't have much of a problem beating out Kroft as the #2 TE option because I think Gresh is still just a flat out better player imo.

It would be an interesting battle between Uzi and Gresh though.

Damn man, I just wish Eifert got his ass back already lol.

Maybe only cause Kroft was injured. But healthy you take Kroft every time over an aging 1st round disappointment.

Kroft can block and catch already just as good as Gresham and is more athletic when healthy. Same size with ten times the upside.

I truly believe it is a chemistry thing with Dalton and Kroft trying to get back after not playing the entire Preseason.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are clearly a Gresham homer who was a 1st round disappointment at best.

How am I a Gresham homer?  God forbid I give a Bengals player who played 14+ games and scored 4-6 TDs every season he was here some credit and/or the benefit of the doubt over 2 guys who haven't done a damn thing yet.  It's just interesting how all off-season we were told to brace ourselves for Kroft and Uzomah lighting it up and making losing Eifert as painless as possible.

Fast forward a month into the season and we're now being told it is unreasonable to expect them to even contribute yet.  Sorry, I guess I just bought into the hype that they'd be awesome. I thought I was being an optimistic homer when I thought they'd be good, but now I'm a hater because they aren't as good as I thought. Damn, this stuff is confusing.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: God, how many games have Uzomah and Kroft even played in? 4 and 7 or something?

Give them some time to show the results is all i am saying. Uzomah has like a 57 yard reception this season in the Jets
game and should have atleast 2 TD's. He has had quite a few drops but most seem to be easy catches where he is looking
to run after the catch and gets ahead of himself. This is fixable.

Kroft is like an exact match to Gresham except he is also more athletic.

Whether you like it or not it was going to take some time for Dalton to get on track with his weapons besides Green.

You are clearly a Gresham homer who was a 1st round disappointment at best.
Would Gresham be viewed as such a disappointment had he not been drafted ahead of Gronk?... Or Hernandez for that matter?

I never thought he was terrible. He was boneheaded. I'll give you that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote