Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert not practicing
(10-05-2016, 09:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Gresham certainly did get that "Bye, thanks for absolutely nothing and you totally always sucked" treatment on his way out of town.  I'm still sort of wondering why people had zero interest in keeping him on this team along WITH Eifert.

There are 3 Bengals that come to mind that I never understood the hate for while they were here and when they left. Gresh is one of them, Tate is another, and Ced Benson is the 3rd
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 08:25 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: 72203404_zpstgox4xti.jpg]

Don't tread on my territory son
[Image: unbreakable-1jpg-ad251e_1280w.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First 3 years as a Bengal:

Player A: 94 catches, 1097 yards, 15 TDs

Player B: 172 catches, 1804 yards, 15 TDs

Let's not even concern ourselves with which one was a better blocker. 

Anybody the criticizes what Gresh did it stripes is someone whose opinion I'll take with a grain of salt. 

People can criticize him.

Any player can be evaluated.

I just think it's funny that the TE position has more drops in a handful of games than Gresh in a season.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe just a little overreaction in this thread? His status is currently day to day with back spasms.
Reply/Quote
Gresham had an inexplicable fear of pigskin it seemed. Really didn't want any on or around his hands and jersey.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i remember Braham and Bryant.

Just hoping this is different. This would be up there if Eifert doesn't play all year..

So when I read this article the other day I immediately thought about Braham's knee:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/02/dez-bryant-injury-now-described-as-a-bone-bruise/

Had I read that when Richie was injured, I wouldn't have expected him to return at his age.
Reply/Quote
Is it too late to get a refund for Eifert? Got to be something about a lemon law....

This is beyond ridiculous with him at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:45 PM)Brimey Wrote: Uzomah has all the raw skills it seems but his blocking and hands have been... Men. Why isnt Kroft getting looked at more. Is he still hurt?

To be fair, the throws to him in the red zone has not been the best on "potential" TD catches.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 09:53 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Gresham had an inexplicable fear of pigskin it seemed.  Really didn't want any on or around his hands and jersey.

And yet it's possible he tallied more catches and TDs than Eifert will in stripes.  I hope I'm wrong.  I feel like this is all my fault because Eifert's jersey was the first new one I've purchased since 1998 and as soon as I put it on he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 10:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And yet it's possible he tallied more catches and TDs than Eifert will in stripes.  I hope I'm wrong.  I feel like this is all my fault because Eifert's jersey was the first new one I've purchased since 1998 and as soon as I put it on he got hurt.

In all honesty, jokes aside, I though Gresham was solid (for the most part) when he was here.  Those drops though...damn they were infuriating.  

And finally, I was wondering on who to blame for the seemingly never-ending cycle of injuries Eifert has been going through.  Thanks for identifying yourself as the source for the bad Mo-Jo.  

Damn you Nately!!!!!!! (shakes fist violently in the air).
Reply/Quote
I would love to see Tyler Eifert back on the field, but until he returns, it is up to the coaching staff to figure out how to score from the Red Zone.  This team has a lot of talent.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 10:38 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I would love to see Tyler Eifert back on the field, but until he returns, it is up to the coaching staff to figure out how to score from the Red Zone.  This team has a lot of talent.  

We're screwed...
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are 3 Bengals that come to mind that I never understood the hate for while they were here and when they left. Gresh is one of them, Tate is another, and Ced Benson is the 3rd

Never got it for Gesham and Ced either.

Do not hate Tate but was never a fan either. Was ok, but always felt it could have been upgraded. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 09:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: People can criticize him.

Any player can be evaluated.

I just think it's funny that the TE position has more drops in a handful of games than Gresh in a season.

I get a huge kick out of this.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 10:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Never got it for Gesham and Ced either.

Do not hate Tate but was never a fan either. Was ok, but always felt it could have been upgraded. 

Same here.

Wasn't a fan of Tate's at all and kept hoping for an upgrade. Now we get a new guy and he's really not an upgrade. I'm starting to think it's more on Marv. Some teams go out and draft a WR who can return and then they have him actually return. Cody Core is fast as hell yet we don't give him a shot at a few plays a game.

With regards to Eifert, saw this coming before training camp even started. When the doctors say 4 to 6 months for this type of surgery they generally know what they're talking about and given Eifert's recovery history it was all too predictable.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 10:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Never got it for Gesham and Ced either.

Gresham led the league in penalties for offensive skill positions, or was really close to the top for multiple seasons.  Huge disappointment for a 1st rounder - I don't care how well he blocked.  Ced was good for a while but was pretty close to cooked when they finally let him go.  He just didn't have it anymore.  I believe he tried to make the Packers roster and couldn't crack the 53 due to an injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 06:15 PM)Whacked Wrote: "Hi, my name is Jermaine Gresham. Miss me yet?"

Nope. Not unless you can time travel to 2012 and bring "average" Gresham back. The washed up version that has "played" for the Cardinals probably wouldn't help much right now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:00 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Gresham led the league in penalties for offensive skill positions, or was really close to the top for multiple seasons.  Huge disappointment for a 1st rounder - I don't care how well he blocked.  Ced was good for a while but was pretty close to cooked when they finally let him go.  He just didn't have it anymore.  I believe he tried to make the Packers roster and couldn't crack the 53 due to an injury.

Yeah, but he happens to be better than the guy we've got out there.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:00 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Gresham led the league in penalties for offensive skill positions, or was really close to the top for multiple seasons.  Huge disappointment for a 1st rounder - I don't care how well he blocked.  Ced was good for a while but was pretty close to cooked when they finally let him go.  He just didn't have it anymore.  I believe he tried to make the Packers roster and couldn't crack the 53 due to an injury.

The Pack signed CedBen out of desperation during the season after a couple RB injuries. He played a couple games and got injured.

Benson was like Kyle Cook. He looked better than he really was because he replaced someone truly awful. Benson was an average back at best. I used to call him Benson 3.5 because that's generally what he was good for with his YPC. 

But of course, he was a substantial upgrade over Chris Perry, who was a shell thanks to injuries.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nope. Not unless you can time travel to 2012 and bring "average" Gresham back. The washed up version that has "played" for the Cardinals probably wouldn't help much right now.

We can only go by what he did in this offense and he was quite productive. Your assumption that the 28 year old washed up version wouldn't help right now is merely an opinion. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote