Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election Results
(11-07-2018, 02:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Jim Acosta being his annoying self just now. Ugh. He goes too far too often.

Yep.  Better to let Trump look the fool/bully and sit down.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
He just blamed the annexation of Crimea on Obama and doubled down when it was pointed out that Putin did the annexing...
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I've got to be honest, I never really sat down and watched a presser with him before, or any interview. I just got highlights and stuff. I had to stop watching it. It was worse than I was expecting.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-07-2018, 02:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've got to be honest, I never really sat down and watched a presser with him before, or any interview. I just got highlights and stuff. I had to stop watching it. It was worse than I was expecting.

Well he thinks he's in a boardroom where everyone must do as he says. And he can't think on his feet OR draw from knowledge he has gained so he repeats himself over and over.
(11-07-2018, 02:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've got to be honest, I never really sat down and watched a presser with him before, or any interview. I just got highlights and stuff. I had to stop watching it. It was worse than I was expecting.

All the news agencies need to agree on a 30 second delay on his speeches for fact checking. Then, make it like Pop Up Video so that when he says an outright like, it puts up the correct information.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-07-2018, 11:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I just googled and looked at the first few things about him.  I meant I don't even have a horse in this argument.  I just summarized some things I read, and if people think it's not accurate I'm not going to try and defend it.

I googled him and found out he's quite the potty mouth.

TBH, I was intrigued by the guy and researched him wanting to find a couple things about him I could get behind in case dude makes a run in 2020. I'll be looking for another Liberal to hope for. Perhaps this Seth Moulton guy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-07-2018, 10:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's going to happen.  They don't have a choice.  Can you imagine the meltdown if they said we don't think investigating Trump is time well spent?  The base wants Trump to go down, or at least make the effort.

they should spend as much time they are investigating trump to investigate all senate and house members as well.... 
I have not heard anything about this yet......but did any other states pass the ok for recreational marijuana use in these mid-terms? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(11-07-2018, 02:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He just blamed the annexation of Crimea on Obama and doubled down when it was pointed out that Putin did the annexing...

what did the leader of the free world do to stop it?
(11-07-2018, 02:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He just blamed the annexation of Crimea on Obama and doubled down when it was pointed out that Putin did the annexing...

Has he commented on the annexation of Puerto Rico?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-07-2018, 03:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I googled him and found out he's quite the potty mouth.

I've never met people so offended by "dirty words" as some of the folks on this board. Hard to believe people with the life experiences they had get their undies in a knot over an f-bomb.

(11-07-2018, 03:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: TBH, I was intrigued by the guy and researched him wanting to find a couple things about him I could get behind in case dude makes a run in 2020. I'll be looking for another Liberal to hope for. Perhaps this Seth Moulton guy. 

Should have stopped after TBH...because I doubt you were. Rock On
(11-07-2018, 03:43 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I have not heard anything about this yet......but did any other states pass the ok for recreational marijuana use in these mid-terms? 

Michigan was the only recreational I think.

Missouri and Utah approved medicinal.
(11-07-2018, 03:21 PM)Benton Wrote: All the news agencies need to agree on a 30 second delay on his speeches for fact checking. Then, make it like Pop Up Video so that when he says an outright like, it puts up the correct information.

But most of his supporters wouldn't believe the correction.  "Fake news" and all that....
(11-07-2018, 03:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what did the leader of the free world do to stop it?

Contrary to popular belief, it is not the role of the United States to interfere in every situation like that. Sanctions were imposed and the US joined in international efforts, but that was about all that could be done.

(11-07-2018, 03:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've never met people so offended by "dirty words" as some of the folks on this board.  Hard to believe people with the life experiences they had get their undies in a knot over an f-bomb.

Should have stopped after TBH...because I doubt you were.  Rock On

I'm not offended; nor have I saw anyone else here offended by an adult cursing. It is why I started my next point with TBH (despite your calling me a liar).

As to the part I lied about I always find a DEM to get behind, last cycle it was Kemp until he washed out, then it was Hills. Not that I'd vote that way, but it is best to have option B be the best you could hope for in case your team comes up short.

Who knows, I might even be a registered DEM, just so I can vote in the DEM primaries here in KY. 

(11-07-2018, 10:59 AM)Benton Wrote: Pretty much the same here in Kentucky.

We passed (last I heard, hadn't checked the final numbers) marsys law, a not so great ballot measure that's going to choke our courts. And (at least in Western Kentucky) we kept state Rep s red, which was very surprising given the local fallout over their tax hikes and attempts to cut teacher pensions.

I really thought people would come to their senses and vote no on Marsy's Law.  Just terrible legislation.  It was pretty late in the game when I started noticing people talking about it being a bad deal.  I think it was packaged very well on ads and did a good job of getting ill-informed voters to vote on emotion rather than researching the issue.
(11-07-2018, 04:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not offended; nor have I saw anyone else here offended by an adult cursing. It is why I started my next point with TBH (despite your calling me a liar).

Offended, bothered, whatever it was enough for you to mention first.

(11-07-2018, 04:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the part I lied about I always find a DEM to get behind, last cycle it was Kemp until he washed out, then it was Hills. Not that I'd vote that way, but it is best to have option B be the best you could hope for in case your team comes up short.

Who knows, I might even be a registered DEM, just so I can vote in the DEM primaries here in KY. 

You like to find a democrat you will not vote for.  TBH that might really be honest.
I'd have to research this more than I really want to....

And to be fair to Trump he probably just tweeted every name he could think of.
(11-07-2018, 05:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd have to research this more than I really want to....

And to be fair to Trump he probably just tweeted every name he could think of.

Some could have been Democrats.  McCaskill?  Yeah I remember that name.  Good man.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-07-2018, 04:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: 1. Offended, bothered, whatever it was enough for you to mention first.

2. You like to find a democrat you will not vote for.  TBH that might really be honest.

1. Our maybe, just maybe it was the first news story that popped up when I goggled him. Do you always look for a fight that is not there?

2. Of course I have a preference on the other side; you do not? Refrain the question posed at the end of #1