Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enjoy the Journey Part 2. On to Buffalo
I see that they are now expecting snow in Buffalo (96% probability) and two inches of it. Not terribly cold (low 30s), but looks like could be snow throughout the game.

How do you think snow will impact the teams?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 05:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: I see that they are now expecting snow in Buffalo (96% probability) and two inches of it. Not terribly cold (low 30s), but looks like could be snow throughout the game.

I don't think it will impact the teams too bad because low 30s isn't too cold and the field will be cleared of any snow, but I do think it gives them a slight advantage since they are better at stopping the run and running the ball than we are.

Let's hope Mixon has a big game and our run defense steps up.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 05:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: I see that they are now expecting snow in Buffalo (96% probability) and two inches of it. Not terribly cold (low 30s), but looks like could be snow throughout the game.

That is cool, would love a snow game. I don't think it impacts the game too much, but with any amount of moisture a guy 
who turns the ball over some is more likely to. I think it benefits us actually with our Defense that is feasting on turnovers 
right now and a QB like Allen who has been turning the ball over quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 09:47 PM)Watersider Wrote: Perine should start this week against the bills and Mixon used as change of pace back.

Perine is a better blocker, catcher and runner up the middle. Given we'll have a beat up oline I expect plenty of bills in the backfield on run plays and I think perine is a better weapon for softening up a defence and getting an extra yard.

With space, Mixon is the better back, but I don't see the game going that way and it's more important to support our oline as much as possible. My suggestion is not really about  making more running yards, it's thinking about perine being more damaging on the 1-3 yard runs we're likely to get given our problems up front.

I don't think playing Mixon instead of perine has any advantage in shifting the way the bills play us either, in terms of if Mixon playing would lead the bills to move away from cover 2. Our game plans seemed more effective when perine was the lead back.

So in our current situation, can anyone tell me why playing Mixon is better?

I honestly cannot disagree with your sentiment. Mixon still has a bad play blocking once in a while too.

I would play Samaje more in this one, but especially if the Bills are blitzing.
Reply/Quote
As long as the winds stay mild, then let it snow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Goodell's proxy enforcers with whistles will affect the game a helluva lot more than two inches of snow will.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I know it's not going to happen, but our all white unis with the white helmet in the snow would be one of the coolest sights in the history of sports.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:29 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I know it's not going to happen, but our all white unis with the white helmet in the snow would be one of the coolest sights in the history of sports.

Bills wouldn’t even be able to see them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:25 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Goodell's proxy enforcers with whistles will affect the game a helluva lot more than two inches of snow will.

If I’m not mistaken, the NFL is making a lot of money with gambling now. Affecting the outcome of games in any way would be disastrous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:37 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I mentioned this in the discord...it's been 3 decades since the last time a WC game winner that allowed 30 or more points also won the next week. Teams are 0-7 since then. Hopefully, they keep that streak alive next week!

And now 0-8. Such a weird stat, but it's held true.
Reply/Quote
My favorite part of this game was that by the end the Bengals had crushed the Bill's will to win. Their only hope to win would have been long passes to the sideline. Instead they were driving without much consideration for how much clock they were using. Clearly they were just trying for a consolation score. Denied. Big Grin
Reply/Quote