Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enjoy the Journey Part 2. On to Buffalo
(01-16-2023, 06:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I agree with Sam. Makes no sense.

Yes I have been whining about this since they announced all of their stupid rule modifications.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:03 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yes I have been whining about this since they announced all of their stupid rule modifications.

yea but guy with checkmark said it..
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: On the national broadcast, it was rightfully (in my opinion) pointed out that Mixon is not a good blocking running back, that Perine is the better blocker. 
That whiff by Mixon was embarrassingly bad. 

It would be nice to get a top RB who can protect Burrow. Mixon has not been getting it done in terms of blocking.

Nice call Nepa, love a lot about Mixon but it just doesn't matter if you cannot block as a RB.

(01-16-2023, 09:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Also, with all the talk about our o-line, people forget how bad that Bills line is. They allowed 7 sacks and 20 pressures against Miami.  Mellow

Holic, you know it my brother. We will see how they handle Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, Carter, Boot Hill, The Gravedigger and 
Cameron Sample who just dominated against the Ravens OL. Love this match up especially how our Offense started out in the 
game that was cancelled and the NFL screwed us not giving BOTH teams a neutral stadium in between BOTH team's homes.
Reply/Quote
Are the Bengals considering bringing in any free agent offensive linemen? I realize that Whitworth is not reality but what about working out Darryl Williams (67.5 PFF 2021), Bobbie Massie (70 PFF 2021) or Ereck Flowers (72 PFF 2021)?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:26 PM)Cincybearcatfan Wrote: Are the Bengals considering bringing in any free agent offensive linemen? I realize that Whitworth is not reality but what about working out Darryl Williams (67.5 PFF 2021), Bobbie Massie (70 PFF 2021) or Ereck Flowers (72 PFF 2021)?

This late in the game, it's not just the chemistry but are these guys even in game shape?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:26 PM)Cincybearcatfan Wrote: Are the Bengals considering bringing in any free agent offensive linemen? I realize that Whitworth is not reality but what about working out Darryl Williams (67.5 PFF 2021), Bobbie Massie (70 PFF 2021) or Ereck Flowers (72 PFF 2021)?

Flowers or Massie might be thoughts if Alex and Jonah's injuries are bad. Daryl is older and been wanting him for years but these 
guys need to be in great shape to be thought of. Spain is a Guard and always has had weight problems so he is out, Kay Adams was
tweeting Whit to play for us but he said his skinny legs cannot do it, heart was in it though, great man Whit.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:49 PM)phil413 Wrote: This late in the game, it's not just the chemistry but are these guys even in game shape?

Prince be the guy, pretty damn sure and that isn't all bad like last year.
Reply/Quote
we're 7-1 in this combo

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 03:48 PM)pally Wrote: we're 7-1 in this combo

Awesome, I do wish we would do the white helmets again but that might be against the rules. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 03:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, I do wish we would do the white helmets again but that might be against the rules. 

It is against the rules for whatever stupid reason the NFL has regarding uniforms.
I think they miss out on some excitement and maybe even more $ from fans when they don’t let them use alternates in the postseason. Maybe a more casual fan might buy something (jersey, hat, helmet etc) if they saw it during the playoffs for the first time.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 04:17 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: It is against the rules for whatever stupid reason the NFL has regarding uniforms.
I think they miss out on some excitement and maybe even more $ from fans when they don’t let them use alternates in the postseason.  Maybe a more casual fan might buy something (jersey, hat, helmet etc) if they saw it during the playoffs for the first time.

Yeah, it is a dumb rule. No point really to it, should be able to play in whatever uniforms and helmets you want IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I agree with Sam. Makes no sense.

I just disagree, they played the same amount of games and Buffalo had 1 less loss, they were not making up the game, you can;t just excuse a loss of the bengals.. winning percentage made total sense..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 04:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I just disagree, they played the same amount of games and Buffalo had 1 less loss, they were not making up the game, you can;t just excuse a loss of the bengals.. winning percentage made total sense..

Going strictly by winning percentage would've been fine. They didn't do that. They decided to give one scenario an advantage over the other.

If the Bills qualify for a neutral field against the Chiefs because the one less game cost them an opportunity at the 1 seed...the exact same logic can be applied to the Bengals and the 2 seed. If the Bills win this weekend, they will benefit from not having played that game, by getting a neutral site. The Bengals were not afforded that same benefit when playing the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 04:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I just disagree, they played the same amount of games and Buffalo had 1 less loss, they were not making up the game, you can;t just excuse a loss of the bengals.. winning percentage made total sense..

You disagree with everything that's pro Bengals. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 05:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Going strictly by winning percentage would've been fine. They didn't do that. They decided to give one scenario an advantage over the other.

If the Bills qualify for a neutral field against the Chiefs because the one less game cost them an opportunity at the 1 seed...the exact same logic can be applied to the Bengals and the 2 seed. If the Bills win this weekend, they will benefit from not having played that game, by getting a neutral site. The Bengals were not afforded that same benefit when playing the Bills.

Spot on Holic, it is bogus. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 04:17 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote:
It is against the rules
for whatever stupid reason the NFL has regarding uniforms.
I think they miss out on some excitement and maybe even more $ from fans when they don’t let them use alternates in the postseason.  Maybe a more casual fan might buy something (jersey, hat, helmet etc) if they saw it during the playoffs for the first time.

What rules?

Wasn't there also a rule to determine division winners?
Wasn't their a rule to complete games and not cancel them?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

The NFL made the assumption Bengals lost to Buffalo so if Ravens won week 18, they got the 3 seed and home game. We would have been AFCN champs still which meant playing 1st place schedule, yet no home game.
They also screwed KC, the rules stated game had to be played, but they did not play it. Buffalo should have gotten home field since they used a different criteria for the Bengals.

The whole decision was bogus, they had a rule in place called winning percentage, but threw it out the window.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
i know the window to win a Super Bowl can be shut at any time, and I'm as PO'd as anyone regarding how the Bengals were treated by the league (and really by our competitors, who changed the rules). But I'm now looking at this as an opportunity.

The Bengals have been given a tough road -- playing at Buffalo and probably at KC, after having played the Rams at their home stadium last year. And with one less regular-season home game than any other playoff team. And having a possibly decimated OL again.

But if this Bengals team pulls this off, then this will be one for the ages.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:03 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yes I have been whining about this since they announced all of their stupid rule modifications.

Yeah I thought the Bengals made a mistake complaining about having to beat Baltimore week 18. I mean even if the game didn't end and we beat Buffalo we were gonna have to play our starters to beat the Ravens and maintain the 2 seed over Buffalo. Instead we should've been fine with the coin flip outcome if it came to that but been arguing hard for the Buffalo game to be at a neutral field.
Reply/Quote
Perine should start this week against the bills and Mixon used as change of pace back.

Perine is a better blocker, catcher and runner up the middle. Given we'll have a beat up oline I expect plenty of bills in the backfield on run plays and I think perine is a better weapon for softening up a defence and getting an extra yard.

With space, Mixon is the better back, but I don't see the game going that way and it's more important to support our oline as much as possible. My suggestion is not really about making more running yards, it's thinking about perine being more damaging on the 1-3 yard runs we're likely to get given our problems up front.

I don't think playing Mixon instead of perine has any advantage in shifting the way the bills play us either, in terms of if Mixon playing would lead the bills to move away from cover 2. Our game plans seemed more effective when perine was the lead back.

So in our current situation, can anyone tell me why playing Mixon is better?
Reply/Quote