Eric Reid is visiting the Bengals

Hopefully he signs with us
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 03:52 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Best offseason ever if he signs
Reply/Quote
This move would be huge for this defense.

Do the Bengals even have the cap dollars to sign Reid?
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:05 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: This move would be huge for this defense.

Just because they have said that they didn't BUDGET for it, doesn't mean they don't HAVE it.

I budget my monthly expenses to be about $1,200.00, for my fiancée and I; we have MUCH more money to spend than that, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:05 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: This move would be huge for this defense.

Were about 19 mil under the cap and there is only 9 teams that have more cap room than us.  Hobson has truly brainwashed the city of cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
I'm all for this if they pull it off. I know early in free agency he was laughing at the notion of taking less money, which makes me a little nervous, but why not? If nothing else my 2014-ish Madden Bengals team gets one player closer to fruition IRL, and hey...it worked for my digital Bengals. :)

In all seriousness, he seems like a good safety (don't watch the 49ers really), and it seems this team ALWAYS needs at least one more of those at all times, so...yeah. Bring him on.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:10 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Were about 19 mil under the cap and there is only 9 teams that have more cap room than us.  Hobson has truly brainwashed the city of cincinnati.

we don't have 19 mil left to spend... Some of that is rookie pool.. Some of that must be held in reserve for incentive contracts. Funny how many average joes think they can budget a football team... (and you cant just look at this current season when doing so)

And they want to extend Dunlap and Atkins.  We got enough to get reid in the door but I wouldn't expect anything more than 2 years right now.
Reply/Quote
Would like to see this signing. Reid would allow the Bengals to use Shawn Williams more as a linebacker in a heavy nickle.

As for the cost....it seems like the Bengals are looking at second round base Ends in this upcoming draft so it wouldn't surprise me to see them move on from Michael Johnson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This would be the icing on the cake for this offseason. And the draft hasn't even come.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Would be a hell of a signing!

I can't believe that we're being this active in FA! It's AMAZING!

If I remember correctly, he was a hell of a safety for them, but got injured and his younger replacement did ok, so he was expendable. It's not like he was cut because he wasn't good.

It sounds like Mike Brown finally "gets it," or he's just giving full control (with personnel decisions AND financial decisions) to Marvin or Katie or Troy or whoever (or all of the above), but, regardless, I LOVE IT!
Reply/Quote
Outstanding if Reid signs.
A two year deal would signal a few things to me....

1: They will be cutting some pricey vets after the draft.
2: The draft will be wide open.
3: They are finally getting creative and making tough choices.

Also, you know how many people are walking around during the anthem, ordering food, eating, taking a leak, walking to their seats, etc? Nobody says "boo" to them about it. But a few guys do it in the name of some police brutality and everyone's up in arms? Pssssh. Dude can do what he wants as long as it's following the law and his contract to play for the Bengals as far as I'm concerned.
Reply/Quote
I could see Reid doing a 1 year deal here to prove he isn't a distraction. I'd be all for it, if he plays better than Williams or Illoka we roll their money to him and let the other hit the road.
Reply/Quote
Can see absolutely no rational reason to not sign him. Do it yesterday.
Reply/Quote
sign the guy. better than Williams that's for sure
Reply/Quote
Sign him!!!!

It would be a great addition, and I love the 3 Safety Nickel Package

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 03:52 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Bout damn time. I really wanted him back in the 2013 draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I can remember reading that Austin wanted to reshape the back end of the defense. This would be a huge move toward making that a reality.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm not sold it's gong to lead to a 3 safety look with Iloka, Williams and Reid. They are all very similar. Someone will get cut. It's just a matter of who? Iloka or Williams.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sold it's gong to lead to a 3 safety look with iloika, Williams and Reid. They are all very similar. Someone will get cut. It's just a matter of who? Iloka or Williams.

Doubt either will.
If anything, you play Williams as a nickel LB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sold it's gong to lead to a 3 safety look with iloika, Williams and Reid. They are all very similar. Someone will get cut. It's just a matter of who? Iloka or Williams.

(04-09-2018, 04:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Doubt either will.
If anything, you play Williams as a nickel LB.

Yeah, Fej would look to be the dude on the way out if this happens.

SHRacer will be furious!
Reply/Quote