Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Reid is visiting the Bengals
I wouldn't take much notice of what Hobson says, I don't think the FO or Marv tell him there plans so he can then report it.
He is just guessing that any other FA signing will be after the draft
Reply/Quote
Would rather just see the deal get done now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 09:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would rather just see the deal get done now

This cat would really,really, help the back end. Yes, please!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 08:01 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Ehh, kinda hedging their bets that he'll still be on the market after he draft.  If you think he'd be a good fit and it frees up a draft pick for another position, why let him leave the stadium without a deal?

Where would you like me to start on letting him walk out the door, 

1.  Maybe he wants a longer deal than the Bengals are open to and would hurt extending some contracts
2.  Maybe they worked him out and have questions since he missed  a decent amount of games last two years for injuries
3.  Maybe he just wants a 1 year deal that too high of price
4.  Maybe they want to go safety in draft if it works out first, then drop back to a FA safety after draft quick if it does not
Reply/Quote
is he really the solution tho.... correct me if im wrong but is he realy that much better than iloka or williams. i mean i liked him at lsu but since in the league or his rookie season he really aint been much...
Reply/Quote
Signing Eric Reid would produce an additional advantage of not needed to look to the draft for a safety. Eric is a proven, quality player. The Bengals have other needs to address via the draft, like a center, a linebacker, and probably a tight end too.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:05 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: This move would be huge for this defense.

Do the Bengals even have the cap dollars to sign Reid?

This is hilarious
Reply/Quote
For what its worth, here's their pff scores and ranking

Reid 81 #30
Williams 79 #40
Iloka 77 #45
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 05:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why did SF let him go?

Cmon man

I know you ain’t been living under a rock
Reply/Quote
This would be a great signing for us. I'm not surprised by the interest as Lap said Reid was #2 on our board back in 2013. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 06:16 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Today, per this: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Report-Reid-to-visit/c4f3b71d-675b-44fa-ae8f-15047ea17eaf

Note that Hobson states not to expect anything soon, as the indication is the club is waiting until after the draft to sign any additional FAs. 

I hope Hobson is wrong,if he visits other places he will get away from us.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't it be cool not only sign Eric Reid but draft his brother ,we will have the Reid brothers on defense.
Reply/Quote
So I was a member of the Cincinnati Bengals and Cincinnati Reds message boards. They have both been closed down. I do not know how or if I can make make own thread, and that's a bunch of bull. But hello and how is it going everyone! I will start my own thread as soon as I figure out to haha.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 07:20 PM)BENGALSNATI85 Wrote: I would be stoked with this offseason if they make this happen! Hopefully Hobspin is out of the loop and they actually get the deal done before he leaves town!

Maybe they'll keep Ried and Hobson leaves town.. That would be a win/win...except for the people who write in telling Hobson what a great job he does .. To be fair I think that's the sole criteria for getting your letter on the .com .. Gee thanks for your great insight blah blah blah..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 02:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: Maybe they'll keep Ried and Hobson leaves town.. That would be a win/win...except for the people who write in telling Hobson what a great job he does  .. To be fair I think that's the sole criteria for getting your letter on the .com .. Gee thanks for your great insight blah blah blah..

Hey man as you see my post above how to I start a thread I have no idea????? And hello to you Sir.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 03:01 AM)Hamilton95 Wrote: Hey man as you see my post above how to I start a thread I have no idea????? And hello to you Sir.

You’ll figure it out
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 02:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: Maybe they'll keep Ried and Hobson leaves town.. That would be a win/win...except for the people who write in telling Hobson what a great job he does  .. To be fair I think that's the sole criteria for getting your letter on the .com .. Gee thanks for your great insight blah blah blah..

I agree. Some of his articles are down right nauseating! He seems like a yes man to me and he would be lost without Mike telling him what to write!
Reply/Quote
Maybe their tire kicking foot was feeling a little left out this offseason. I'm still holding out hope it happens soon.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 03:01 AM)Hamilton95 Wrote: Hey man as you see my post above how to I start a thread I have no idea????? And hello to you Sir.

First get to 50 post....Then consider  lol
Reply/Quote
I believe the Bengals don't announce the visit until it's over, so he may still be in town, which is a good sign.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote