Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Reid is visiting the Bengals
(04-10-2018, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What would you like better Joelist?

1st - Isiaah Wynn OG/OT Georgia
2nd - Frank Ragnow C Arkansas
3rd - Rasheem Green DE USC
3rd - Shaqueem Griffin LB UCF

Or...

1st - Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
2nd - Billy Price C OSU
3rd - Lorenzo Carter LB/DE Georgia
3rd - Jessie Bates III FS Wake Forest

Give me:  1st  Isiah Wynn  UGA
               2nd  Frank Ragnow  AR
               3rd  Lorenzo Carter  UGA
               3rd  Jesse Bates III  Wake

Plenty of developmental guys for RT in this draft
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 07:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Give me:  1st  Isiah Wynn  UGA
               2nd  Frank Ragnow  AR
               3rd  Lorenzo Carter  UGA

I would love this.   If it came to it, Wynn would probably beat out any other RT candidate on the roster.  And, like you say, a RT could be had later.

Ragnow in the second would be fabulous.

Could Carter still be there in the third?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
               2nd  Frank Ragnow  AR
               3rd  Lorenzo Carter  UGA

Yeah, might be able to get Cappa in the 4th and Carter can rush the passer and play End in a pinch.

Think i like this the best Sunset, getting Wynn and Ragnow would be amazing right there.

This way we would have the versatility. Wynn can play all the spots on the line, Ragnow would be the stud Center we need,
Carter can play SAM and End, Bates would be our future FS and we wouldn't HAVE to sign Reid.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: I would love this.   If it came to it, Wynn would probably beat out any other RT candidate on the roster.  And, like you say, a RT could be had later.

Ragnow in the second would be fabulous.

Could Carter still be there in the third?  

That is the question, have heard he could be but man does the guy jump off the tape when i watch him.

Probably go around our 2nd round pick. Maybe we could trade back in the 1st, grab Ragnow, go Carter at 46, Bates and then
Crosby or Cappa next. But then we wouldn't have Wynn damn it.
Reply/Quote
I just got home. Have the Bengals signed Eric Reid yet?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 07:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is the question, have heard he could be but man does the guy jump off the tape when i watch him.

Probably go around our 2nd round pick. Maybe we could trade back in the 1st, grab Ragnow, go Carter at 46, Bates and then
Crosby or Cappa next. But then we wouldn't have Wynn damn it.

Can you see him getting past the Steelers twice? 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 08:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I just got home. Have the Bengals signed Eric Reid yet?

Yes they did. Everyone was just waiting for you to get home before starting a thread about it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Seen a report on Twitter that Eric Reid prefers to go back to the 49ers for 5 million a year. I think we probably offered him about 2 mill for 1 year. I say just let him go, he's overrated.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 11:50 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Seen a report on Twitter that Eric Reid prefers to go back to the 49ers for 5 million a year. I think we probably offered him about 2 mill for 1 year. I say just let him go, he's overrated.

I think he’s overrated as well, but still think he has more upside than Ilona or Williams. I won’t be upset if he doesn’t sign.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Looks like Reid has priced himself out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/10/source-eric-reid-would-sign-one-year-deal-for-his-2017-salary-in-san-francisco/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 11:50 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Seen a report on Twitter that Eric Reid prefers to go back to the 49ers for 5 million a year. I think we probably offered him about 2 mill for 1 year. I say just let him go, he's overrated.

in 2 weeks when hes still on the market that 2 mil for 1 year might start sounding pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes they did. Everyone was just waiting for you to get home before starting a thread about it. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
               2nd  Frank Ragnow  AR
               3rd  Lorenzo Carter  UGA

Bates is my favorite S in the draft. We get him with our comp pick in the 3rd, I'm doing back flips!
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes they did. Everyone was just waiting for you to get home before starting a thread about it. 

Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Reminder: Please keep all anthem related posts in the Reid Anthem thread, which is now in PnR.

Thanks for your cooperation.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 11:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Reminder: Please keep all anthem related posts in the Reid Anthem thread, which is now in PnR.

Thanks for your cooperation.

gonna be hard considering he was asked about it in the interview and then NOT offered a contract. because he wouldn't commit to not kneeling..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/11/kneeling-issue-arises-during-bengals-meeting-with-eric-reid/
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 11:14 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Hilarious

They just had the usual Dre interview which I'll translate for everyone .

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... With an emphasis on blah. I'll leave it up to the reader to figure out which blah was the most important. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 08:46 PM)McC Wrote: Can you see him getting past the Steelers twice? 

If they take the LB everyone is assigning to them i could, Leighton Vander Esch.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 12:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: gonna be hard considering he was asked about it in the interview and then NOT offered a contract. because he wouldn't commit to not kneeling..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/11/kneeling-issue-arises-during-bengals-meeting-with-eric-reid/

But it shouldn't be.

You've got Reid the player and the possibility of him coming here, which is one issue. A side issue appears to be what his value is. You've also got a guy who made a political protest and how that might impact his future, which is a different issue. Is there some overlap? Sure. But having a discussion about his political opinions doesn't have to go with having a discussion about his tackling ability.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 01:32 PM)Benton Wrote: But it shouldn't be.

You've got Reid the player and the possibility of him coming here, which is one issue. A side issue appears to be what his value is. You've also got a guy who made a political protest and how that might impact his future, which is a different issue. Is there some overlap? Sure. But having a discussion about his political opinions doesn't have to go with having a discussion about his tackling ability.

Makes you wonder why PFT even brought it up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote