Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Reid is visiting the Bengals
So we start 3 strong safety's (not start, but they are all SS)? This doesn't solve our need for a traditional FS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Holy forkin shiirtballs!

Sign him!!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Fej would look to be the dude on the way out if this happens.

SHRacer will be furious!

Fej wouldn't have to be. Bengals usually keep 10 DBs. Most recently, it's been six CBs and four safeties.
Bengals right now have Iloka, Williams, Fejedelem, and Wilson at S. Shaw is essentially a CB/S hybrid.
The Bengals could easily make room for Reid without having to get rid of Iloka, Williams, or Fejedelem.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: So we start 3 strong safety's (not start, but they are all SS)? This doesn't solve our need for a traditional FS.

Eric Reid was listed as the FS with SF from 2013 to 2016...
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReidEr00.htm

He's fine in coverage.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Would love to see this.

He is way better than either of our starting safeties.
Reply/Quote
Why did SF let him go?
Reply/Quote
ochocincos Wrote:Fej wouldn't have to be. Bengals usually keep 10 DBs. Most recently, it's been six CBs and four safeties.
Bengals right now have Iloka, Williams, Fejedelem, and Wilson at S. Shaw is essentially a CB/S hybrid.
The Bengals could easily make room for Reid without having to get rid of Iloka, Williams, or Fejedelem.

Yeah, that's really good depth at a position they may use more.  I really think that the way the league has gone toward higher pass catching TE's and slot WR usage that the right safety combo could be big.  It's not so much a debate over Williams used as a nickle LB, but having Reid as a CF type frees up Iloka and the other safety to roam a bit.   
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 05:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why did SF let him go?

Garoppolo signing ate some cap space.  Have to reduce payroll in other areas.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Bengals ran 3 safety formations last year with Williams/Fej, Shaw, and Iloka.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Eric Reid was listed as the FS with SF from 2013 to 2016...
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReidEr00.htm

He's fine in coverage.

Then why did they move him to LB? That's not typically what you do with a FS.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 05:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Garoppolo signing ate some cap space.  Have to reduce payroll in other areas.

He ate all the space lol
Reply/Quote
Don't let him leave.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: So we start 3 strong safety's (not start, but they are all SS)? This doesn't solve our need for a traditional FS.

Marvin has been saying since the day he walked in the door, there are no SS or FS on the team. The position to him is just safety.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we don't have 19 mil left to spend... Some of that is rookie pool.. Some of that must be held in reserve for incentive contracts.  Funny how many average joes think they can budget a football team...  (and you cant just look at this current season when doing so)

And they want to extend Dunlap and Atkins.  We got enough to get reid in the door but I wouldn't expect anything more than 2 years right now.
 I didnt say anything about what we have left to spend Geoff.  I said we are about 19 mil under the cap and that only 9 teams have more money under the cap.  These are irrefutable facts.  Go on a tirade somewhere else buddy.  We have plenty of money to sign dunlap atkins and reid and the rookie pool and injuries and whatever other fluff hobson has spun you on.    I really cant take anything you say seriously at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fej wouldn't have to be. Bengals usually keep 10 DBs. Most recently, it's been six CBs and four safeties.

Great point. Wilson is more of a ST'er than a Safety and he can play RB too so they can move him around as they
see fit in order to keep him on the team.

(04-09-2018, 05:26 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah, that's really good depth at a position they may use more.  I really think that the way the league has gone toward higher pass catching TE's and slot WR usage that the right safety combo could be big.  It's not so much a debate over Williams used as a nickle LB, but having Reid as a CF type frees up Iloka and the other safety to roam a bit.   

Nice post Phil, yeah, this would really help Iloka get back to what he was when Reggie was here.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have Tre Boston but this would be a good signing.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 05:47 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I'd rather have Tre Boston but this would be a good signing.

Agree. Still would be a good signing but i liked Boston better in coverage last year than Reid and of course the Anthem thing.
Reply/Quote
Is/was the visit today or just officially scheduled?

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Outstanding if Reid signs.
A two year deal would signal a few things to me....

1: They will be cutting some pricey vets after the draft.
2: The draft will be wide open.
3: They are finally getting creative and making tough choices.

Also, you know how many people are walking around during the anthem, ordering food, eating, taking a leak, walking to their seats, etc? Nobody says "boo" to them about it. But a few guys do it in the name of some police brutality and everyone's up in arms? Pssssh. Dude can do what he wants as long as it's following the law and his contract to play for the Bengals as far as I'm concerned.

or trading one

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 05:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then why did they move him to LB? That's not typically what you do with a FS.

He’s a well-rounded, versatile safety that can cover. He was the starting FS to start the season last year then was out a few weeks starting week 3 due to injury. Jimmie Ward took over at FS and Tartt took over at SS.

He’s played dime LB and slot too before last year. So I’d guess the team wanted to take advantage of his versatility while continuing development of Ward and Tartt at S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote