Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Winston is back/Fisher Done for the Year?
(11-08-2017, 12:23 PM)pally Wrote: Sending prayers to Jake Fisher.  It must be serious to have sent him to IR for an illness.

I'm curious as to what kind of illness someone deals with over time that they can play with but eventually takes them out of a football game and then out of the season but can also only be address in the offseason. Any thoughts? Diabeetus?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:34 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Good god no.  He was barely a fill in last year.

We get rid of one OT in Smith because of Og/Fisher, then change our mind and bring him back to play him at RG but he sucks but not so bad that he can't be worse than our young OT's.

Are we now saying we cut another OT in Winston because of Og/Fisher then change our mind once the season is pretty much done and dusted.

Meanwhile of the 5 OT's we had options, it was frickin' Whitworth we chose to not keep.

Two words explains all, "Mike Brown"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:34 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Good god no.  He was barely a fill in last year.

We get rid of one OT in Smith because of Og/Fisher, then change our mind and bring him back to play him at RG but he sucks but not so bad that he can't be worse than our young OT's.

Are we now saying we cut another OT in Winston because of Og/Fisher then change our mind once the season is pretty much done and dusted.

Meanwhile of the 5 OT's we had options, it was frickin' Whitworth we chose to not keep.

he knows the system and can step in and "help" right away...

Fisher went to IR not sure what his illness is but apparently hes been dealing with it a while.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm curious as to what kind of illness someone deals with over time that they can play with but eventually takes them out of a football game and then out of the season but can also only be address in the offseason. Any thoughts? Diabeetus?

diabetes is a possibility but so could something that needs surgery.  Or a chronic virus such as mono. or an irregular heartbeat.  Autoimmune conditions.  There are all sorts of things that someone could have played through but then his symptoms got worse so needed more immediate attention. We should assume that if they thought they could wait until the off season that what ever it is, it must not be life threatening.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Fun Fact. Winston would have been out of the league in 2014 if it wasn't for the Bengals. No one thinks he can still play. Bengals being lazy and wasting money. Clearly (and a bad sign) Alexander still has significant pull.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm curious as to what kind of illness someone deals with over time that they can play with but eventually takes them out of a football game and then out of the season but can also only be address in the offseason. Any thoughts? Diabeetus?

(11-08-2017, 12:44 PM)pally Wrote: diabetes is a possibility but so could something that needs surgery.  Or a chronic virus such as mono. or an irregular heartbeat.  Autoimmune conditions.  There are all sorts of things that someone could have played through but then his symptoms got worse so needed more immediate attention. We should assume that if they thought they could wait until the off season that what ever it is, it must not be life threatening.

My first thought was a heart condition, since so many athletes have had abnormal heart size. Possible something like Crohn’s disease could fit the long term dealing, some days/weeks better than others.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he knows the system and can step in and "help" right away...

Fisher went to IR not sure what his illness is but apparently hes been dealing with it a while.

It's a serious case of "Suckitis".
Reply/Quote
O line play is bad right now across the league. It's why the Bengals strategy of giving up both Zeitler and Whitworth was stupid.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he knows the system and can step in and "help" right away...

Don't you think if he had any "help" left in him he wouldn't have been "available" in the Bengals "washed up vets for cheap nobody else wants pool" ? - Chris Crocker CEO
Reply/Quote
Our training staff continues to impress year after year.
Reply/Quote
I've seen frozen jello move faster than Winston... I guess this is the Bengals version of going out and getting veteran help.... This just gets dumber and more embarrassing everyday.
Reply/Quote
I’d like to point out that the team put themselves in this position by not having very many OTs on the roster in off/preseason, most likely because they thought it would hurt the feelings of the guys being handed starting spots. The roster and PS is full of guys that can play OG and C, yet nobody that can swing between OG and OT.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can you imagine if this one move somehow fixes the OL? I know it won't, but I have an insane imagination sometimes. Winston comes back, the line all of a sudden plays half way decent. We're in the hunt for the playoffs, but just miss out. Lewis decides to retire and Paul Alexander is made the next HC because of his work with guys like Winston. Okay, I gotta stop before I sink below depression into ... advanced depression. Mellow

Can't fix it unless Ogbuehi is made the backup OT that swings between both LT and RT. Then Fisher and Smith are the starting bookends. As long as Ogbuehi is out there, the season remains over.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d like to point out that the team put themselves in this position by not having very many OTs on the roster in off/preseason, most likely because they thought it would hurt the feelings of the guys being handed starting spots. The roster and PS is full of guys that can play OG and C, yet nobody that can swing between OG and OT.

Hopkins can, at least he was in preseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Anyone else wondering if the 10M will set aside for injuries was necessary for a Winston like signing?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d like to point out that the team put themselves in this position by not having very many OTs on the roster in off/preseason, most likely because they thought it would hurt the feelings of the guys being handed starting spots. The roster and PS is full of guys that can play OG and C, yet nobody that can swing between OG and OT.

What happen to the kid from North Dakota they had during TC? He wore #77 and looked like a Whit clone. 
To add to your statement, I think the coaches had to spend every waking minute trying to coach (go ahead and laugh) up the awesome tackles we are stuck with now and couldn't look at anyone else at tackle.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Anyone else wondering if the 10M will set aside for injuries was necessary for a Winston like signing?

It was close ! ........................................................... Ninja

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Heck, might as well see if Dennis Roland is available.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What happen to the kid from North Dakota they had during TC? He wore #77 and looked like a Whit clone. 
To add to your statement, I think the coaches had to spend every waking minute trying to coach (go ahead and laugh) up the awesome tackles we are stuck with now and couldn't look at anyone else at tackle.

He didn’t even make it onto the PS. Instead they kept Perkins, the UDFA out of Texas who is listed as an OT, but I only recall him playing RG in preseason.
Reply/Quote
Eric Winston is horrible.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote