Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Winston is back/Fisher Done for the Year?
(11-08-2017, 10:00 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Why do we keep bringing back the same old people? He got cut for a reason and we know exactly what he brings to the table which is....? I got nothin'.

Why are they so afraid of new players who haven't been on the team before? We hop all over guys like Andre Smith.

Because they are lazy.  They don't want to have to bring a new guy up to speed.  They'd rather have a mediocre or worse guy they know than a young guy with promise and room to grow because they can;t know going in what they'll get from him.  But how can they trust their ability to develop players, specifically OLinemen?  So, there is that.  Marvin has invented the scared rabbit school of coaching football.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 09:32 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think my favorite part about all of this is that we were told by this shithole organization that there were no upgrades available for the OLine. If he hasn't written it already, Hobson will write an article proclaiming the signing of Winston as a brilliant move and how it will help the OLine. The Bengals talk out both sides of their mouth better than politicians.

It's out. It's titled "O-line Gets Some Seasoning"

Winston being old and shitty for years steps right off the sidelines coaching little league and is ready to go.

Over under on him being active over one of the young OL we are supposedly developing?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:11 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It's out. It's titled "O-line Gets Some Seasoning"

Winston being old and shitty for years steps right off the sidelines coaching little league and is ready to go.

Over under on him being active over one of the young OL we are supposedly developing?

They've been rotating three and it's been working so well so far, so, why stop?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:15 AM)McC Wrote: They've been rotating three and it's been working so well so far, so, why stop?

Feel good story of the year. Washed up vet OT comes out of retirement to help team go 3-13 and helps block the way of any development of young offensive linemen. Marvin claps and giggles. Good players on the team become mentally broken and are robbed of competitive spirit. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:11 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It's out. It's titled "O-line Gets Some Seasoning"

A better headline would be :

Alexander Names The New O-Line Moniker As "The Winston Pack".  Smoke 'em If You Got 'em.

[Image: th?id=OIP.gBGk-UffcrkKrJBqLoOFWwCpEs&pid...=300&h=300][Image: th?id=OIP.p9fFyeOaPHa_mLSLtnBuFgD4Ci&pid...=248&h=162]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:48 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: O line play is bad right now across the league. It's why the Bengals strategy of giving up both Zeitler and Whitworth was stupid.

imo, we should of picked DeCastro....not traded down & picked Zeitler....

I remember when we played the steelers a few weeks ago the Announcer said DeCasto was the #1 best OG in the NFL...

the Steelers paid him & kept him....

&  we just have a hole.....w/ a band aid on it...
Reply/Quote
Sad truth is Winston & Andre are the best tackles we have. Yes, that's how bad our situation is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: True, but honestly, C is just as big a problem....if not worse.  When the tackles get beat, Blodine is getting shoved back into the pocket simultaneously, so there's essentially nowhere to go.

I completely agree, but my reply was in response to Sled saying the Bengals should have picked up Jon Toth instead of Winston. And that doesn't help the vacant OT position at all because Toth is not an OT (at least for the NFL). With that said, I liked Toth leading up to the draft and would love to have him compete at C.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Looks like Fisher did have a heart condition, irregular heartbeat.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/09/jake-fisher-to-have-procedure-to-correct-irregular-heartbeat/
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 11:02 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Looks like Fisher did have a heart condition, irregular heartbeat.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/09/jake-fisher-to-have-procedure-to-correct-irregular-heartbeat/

Wow that is scary. Prayers for a full and speedy recovery. Thanks for tha share
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 11:02 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Looks like Fisher did have a heart condition, irregular heartbeat.

Funny that it was a "private" matter when Marvin was talking to our local guys and then he goes and tells all to a national media show. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I completely agree, but my reply was in response to Sled saying the Bengals should have picked up Jon Toth instead of Winston. And that doesn't help the vacant OT position at all because Toth is not an OT (at least for the NFL). With that said, I liked Toth leading up to the draft and would love to have him compete at C.

I said Toth because I believe right now he could play guard, and free up Smith to take Fish's spot, which is what it sounds like they are going to do with Winston. Toth would actually give them all kinds of options, and can be had for nothing right now. Yes, he would be raw coming out of college, but he has more fight in him than any of our Oline right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 11:50 AM)pally Wrote: Funny that it was a "private" matter when Marvin was talking to our local guys and then he goes and tells all to a national media show. 

He has to get a release from Fisher to talk about it, otherwise it's a HIPPA violation....
Reply/Quote

When they hinted at blood thinners, I thought it could be afib.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 11:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: When they hinted at blood thinners, I thought it could be afib.

Explains why he seems to be less than energetic....
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 11:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I said Toth because I believe right now he could play guard, and free up Smith to take Fish's spot, which is what it sounds like they are going to do with Winston. Toth would actually give them all kinds of options, and can be had for nothing right now. Yes, he would be raw coming out of college, but he has more fight in him than any of our Oline right now.

Smith hasn't been playing guard, he's been rotating with Ogbuehi and Fisher at OT for the past few games. Hopkins has been covering RG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Explains why he seems to be less than energetic....

Yep.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:44 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A better headline would be :

Alexander Names The New O-Line Moniker As "The Winston Pack".  Smoke 'em If You Got 'em.

[Image: th?id=OIP.gBGk-UffcrkKrJBqLoOFWwCpEs&pid...=300&h=300][Image: th?id=OIP.p9fFyeOaPHa_mLSLtnBuFgD4Ci&pid...=248&h=162]

In totally unrelated news, Sean Brewer now wants to come out of retirement and convert to playing tackle.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He has to get a release from Fisher to talk about it, otherwise it's a HIPPA violation....

HIPPA doesn't apply to Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He has to get a release from Fisher to talk about it, otherwise it's a HIPPA violation....

"The Bengals Team Doctor is unavailable for comment"
[Image: 1443846088107]
Reply/Quote