Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Winston is back/Fisher Done for the Year?
(11-08-2017, 02:25 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Get well soon Fisher.

Do they even check the open FA market for guys that are actually good at playing football? Or is this the most convenient person to sign?

Probably cheapest too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Should have called Jon Toth...

Didn't he have surgery before the combine? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Eric Winston is back!

Now we know how A.J. didnt get suspended.
Extortion!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:17 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Didn't he have surgery before the combine? 

Yeah, that's why he went undrafted even though he was the 5th rated center and can play all five spots. Latest article I have read said he has recovered and back in shape waiting on an opportunity to get into the league....he may not help at tackle, but he sure as hell is could upgrade the guard/center position...
Reply/Quote
I'd roll with Westerman here pretty soon. He literally can't be any worse than what we're starting now.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: All Winston has to do to be an upgrade is not let defenders in unblocked; a speciality of Og, Fisher and Bodine.

Seriously lol, if they signed a folding chair as a free agent it would put up more resistance than any of our current o-linemen
Reply/Quote
how about this Kent Perkins dude on the practice squad? If he can't get any playing time in these conditions and circumstances what's the point of having him around?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 05:59 PM)bonesaw Wrote: how about this Kent Perkins dude on the practice squad?  If he can't get any playing time in these conditions and circumstances what's the point of having him around?

Perkins, Westerman...there has to be no hope of them.

If you are a backup on one of the worst offensive lines ever...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Should have called Jon Toth...

Well that may solve the C situation, but it does nothing for OT...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well that may solve the C situation, but it does nothing for OT...

True, but honestly, C is just as big a problem....if not worse.  When the tackles get beat, Blodine is getting shoved back into the pocket simultaneously, so there's essentially nowhere to go.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Perkins, Westerman...there has to be no hope of them.

If you are a backup on one of the worst offensive lines ever...

We are talking Piano Man here.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:54 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Yep,

Dennis Roland, Eric Ghiaciuc, Will Clarke and Mario Alford's phones are currently ringing off the hook at the moment too

...Back to the Future with Marv!!

I'll see your bet and raise you a Nate Livings! How I miss watching him get BTFO on every play. Ahhh, the good old days!

Anyhow, too bad about Fisher. Hope he sorts out his health.
Reply/Quote
Tough personnel decisions like this are why Mike Brown pays himself the big bucks to be the GM.

Probably still had Winston's phone number in his Rolodex. Flew Winston into town coach. Signed the deal during lunch at Wendy's.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Eric Winston is horrible.

Then he should fit right in.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 08:25 PM)McC Wrote:  
Then he should fit right in.

ThumbsUp   ba dum tish!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Start Winston at RT, bounce Andre in to RG.

Seriously. That is probably an upgrade at 2 spots. Andre has been getting smoked by speedy guys.

That was always his downfall, even when he was at the top of his game. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think my favorite part about all of this is that we were told by this shithole organization that there were no upgrades available for the OLine. If he hasn't written it already, Hobson will write an article proclaiming the signing of Winston as a brilliant move and how it will help the OLine. The Bengals talk out both sides of their mouth better than politicians.
Reply/Quote
"Winston left a lasting impression on this organization.  He did have a real nice ass groove going in his film room chair." said Alexander proudly.

[Image: 138272_23Oct13_DSCF3056.JPG]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Eric Winston is the last thing this young line needs right now (IMO)

I remember when we first brought Winston in, he started talking in interviews as if he had been here for years. Made it sound like he and Whit had to keep the youngins up to speed. But the dude had only been there a few weeks? I feel like he is very pompous.

The only 'tough' thing Eric Winston does each day is look at his ugly mug in the mirror.
Reply/Quote
Why do we keep bringing back the same old people? He got cut for a reason and we know exactly what he brings to the table which is....? I got nothin'.

Why are they so afraid of new players who haven't been on the team before? We hop all over guys like Andre Smith.
Reply/Quote