Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Winston is back/Fisher Done for the Year?
(11-08-2017, 01:12 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He didn’t even make it onto the PS. Instead they kept Perkins, the UDFA out of Texas who is listed as an OT, but I only recall him playing RG in preseason.

Is he still on the PS? If so, WHY THE $@#% DID WE SIGN WINSTON?! I'm not saying this guy is better, but at least he's younger and COULD be better.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Again, Winston is definitely at the end of his career and is not great, but he and Andre playing tackles have to be better than CO and Fisher (who it sounds like may have been sucking due to health issues, as opposed to CO sucking because of.....well, he just sucks) And rise up off my boy Chris Crocker... he came in off the couch and played at a decent level numerous times for this team.
Reply/Quote
Whew! That was close. If Brown didn't hoard $12.5m this season, they might not have been able to bring back Winston. Brown had a plan all along. Like all of his other plans, it sucks and is absolutely ***** terrible, but a plan nonetheless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm curious as to what kind of illness someone deals with over time that they can play with but eventually takes them out of a football game and then out of the season but can also only be address in the offseason. Any thoughts? Diabeetus?

Marvin said the medication Jake has to initially take isn't suited for a contact sport.  Which likely means he is on a medication that thins the blood.  This doesn't mean he has blood clots it just means there are risky side effects to his meds

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Get well soon Fisher.

Do they even check the open FA market for guys that are actually good at playing football? Or is this the most convenient person to sign?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:25 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Get well soon Fisher.

Do they even check the open FA market for guys that are actually good at playing football? Or is this the most convenient person to sign?

You already answered your own question..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

This would be even funnier if it wasn't the first time it happened. Whenever the Bengals say something isn't serious, I expect it to be actually life threatening.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: Marvin said the medication Jake has to initially take isn't suited for a contact sport.  Which likely means he is on a medication that thins the blood.  This doesn't mean he has blood clots it just means there are risky side effects to his meds

Sounds like blood thinner to me as well, could be afib that's ailing him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:23 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Just saw him tweet he's happy to be back in Cindy #WhoDey.  If true who is out?

Good for him, hope he knows how to pull out.

Seriously though, wish all the best for Fisher, must be some serious illness he is going through to be out for the season.

Also agree with the ones saying how this proves how small our scouting dept is. There are better OT's out there i am sure
that are younger with much more upside. This is just more of the home boy bullshit. Winston might help though, that is how
bad we have been.

Cannot blame Fisher if he has been going through this all along, blame PA for starting him along with Marv.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:25 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Get well soon Fisher.

Great point!
Reply/Quote
All Winston has to do to be an upgrade is not let defenders in unblocked; a speciality of Og, Fisher and Bodine.
Reply/Quote
Start Winston at RT, bounce Andre in to RG.

Seriously. That is probably an upgrade at 2 spots. Andre has been getting smoked by speedy guys.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he knows the system and can step in and "help" right away...

Fisher went to IR not sure what his illness is but apparently hes been dealing with it a while.

The real problem with this team is that the defense knows our system too. Its like the Bengals are telegraphing their playcalling or something.
Reply/Quote
Our scout was out combing the world for the next Eric Winston.

And they found him!
Reply/Quote
I miss Marshall Newhouse
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Embarassing.

I think marvin is legitimately trying to sabotage us. Butt hurt he didnt get a contract extension do as much damage as possible.

Nothing good about this move. We need future answerw at tackle. Grab someone off a practice squad. This is sorry
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: Lazy. We just don't have the scouting department to find a gem on someone else's practice squad. There are younger tackles with potential better than Winston out there. Too bad we don't have the resources to find them.

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Should have called Jon Toth...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our scout was out combing the world for the next Eric Winston.

And they found him!

All they had to do is page his beeper...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote