Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evan McPherson is in the dog house
(03-04-2022, 05:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: I didn't take it that way.  He's taking responsibility for his guys.  The HC isn't the only person that can ownership of their job and responsibility for the guys under them.

Simmons is a badass coach. Been our best coach for a long damn time.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Evan was in the locker room he could have told zac hey I kicked some 65 yarders in pre-game in case you need to try one at the end of the game. Probably wouldn't have made a difference. I heard evan also stays out at halftime for every game, don't know if there's truth in it or not. Anyway the best players get some leeway usually, I'm thinking Burrow doesn't care about getting leeway, but maybe Evan deserves some slack for going on a tear there.

At their ages, we haven't seen the best of them yet, so hopefully he's talking to Evan the way that motivates him. Everyone is different, we didn't win the ring, they all have to get better. I don't wanna see another "oh golly nobody wants to win this game!" GB game again lol. Just like the superbowl, it's a play or two during the season and we might gain or lose the #1 seed.

Evan tracks his heart rate and tries to keep it consistent all game, as to why he usually nails the game winners, maybe the locker room is not a part of that activity.

If we won that SB I don't know if Simmons would be public with these comments, it'd probably be private, if at all. Burrow is the type to yell at people when they win at put up 50, we have the right leaders now.

I remember Brady having to adjust to Arians being public in press conferences with tongue lashing. I think Belichick would do this late in Brady's career there, referring "to the quarterback" as he did it. Even the GOAT will get criticized. Kobe got criticized by Phil and took it. Burrow could eventually get it from Zac someday probably, publicly.
Reply/Quote
Darrin Simmons needs to shut his old ass mouth

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 05:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: I didn't take it that way.  He's taking responsibility for his guys.  The HC isn't the only person that can ownership of their job and responsibility for the guys under them.

I mean when the position came open.
Reply/Quote
I've been accused of being quick to anger, but I have a real hard time getting pissed at Evan McPherson. We should probably go ahead and forget about this and continue appreciating what he did for this team.
Reply/Quote
To Pally, this is fake news. I've looked all around my house and I can't see him? You fooled me. Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Simmons < Evan....For some odd reason I do not think Evan gives a damn what Simmons thinks. I do not blame him.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:33 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Simmons < Evan....For some odd reason I do not think Evan gives a damn what Simmons thinks. I do not blame him.

He should. If he doesn’t then he’s immature and will never get better (yes he can improve).

Again, the amount of love on here for a rookie kicker is incredible. He had a great year but he’s not perfect (no one is) so he can improve. He has a good coach who can help him so I really hope/think that he doesn’t have this “F the coach, I’m the greatest” mentality like a lot of people on here do.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 10:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: To Pally, this is fake news. I've looked all around my house and I can't see him? You fooled me. Ninja

He's out here in the extra special dog house with me. Cool
Reply/Quote
I totally thought the halftime show was horrible rap. Not a fan of it. Evan should be embarrassed watching a show where the only words I understood were spaghetti and police.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Simmons doing that crap not gonna work with Taylor.
Reply/Quote
I'm having a hard time understanding why some think it was ok for McPherson to casually watch the halftime show? If it's ok, why not Burrow, J. Williams, Wilson, Reader, Bates, Hendrickson or Chase watching the show too? I thought the Bengals was shooting for that team concept environment.

Simmons should of "no comment" and dealt with it internally.

The problem would be if McPherson has not went into the locker room at halftime all year and now it was a problem because it was the SB.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:33 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: For some odd reason I do not think Evan gives a damn what Simmons thinks.

Probably because you have no elite skills and don't want to get better at anything in your life.

I am pretty sure Evan cares what Simmons says.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious that all I heard for years was

"Biggest problem with Bengals coaches is they don't hold players accountable."

Then as soon as a coach holds a player accountable he gets grilled for it.

You guys crack me up.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious that all I heard for years was

You guys crack me up.

Yes. Ego can destroy this team. If some of the best players become uncoachable or bigger than the team...or divas.

Look, we had a good year, but this team can get better and likely has to as the AFC is loaded at the top. Plus, teams like the Ravens and Steelers will improve.

Hopefully our players are hungry from losing the SB and working hard...and not becoming divas.
Reply/Quote
A sore subject? Really? Who cares. The guy literally carried the team through the playoffs. You can’t get better than perfect with FGs. If you want to “adjust” a plan for kickoffs it could be no more than a 2 minute discussion. No need for coaches to harp on what will be the greatest kicker this organization will ever have.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:22 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: A sore subject? Really? Who cares. The guy literally carried the team through the playoffs. You can’t get better than perfect with FGs. If you want to “adjust” a plan for kickoffs it could be no more than a 2 minute discussion. No need for coaches to harp on what will be the greatest kicker this organization will ever have.

Right.  If a player is good he does not have to follow any rules.

It is important for a coach to establish this precedent early so the rest of the team understands.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.  If a player is good he does not have to follow any rules.

It is important for a coach to establish this precedent early so the rest of the team understands.

Worked out well for teams and Antonio Brown... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious that all I heard for years was

You guys crack me up.

Many posts in the thread have said hold him accountable, but not through the media. You got cracked up prematurely.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Many posts in the thread have said hold him accountable, but not through the media. 

Still funny that those rules did not apply to previous coaches.

If fans did not see it happen then it never happened.
Reply/Quote