Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone is complaining, but...
Nobody seems to realize that the Bengals have played against 5 of the top 10 Offenses in the NFL, so far.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total

This is certainly no excuse for the complete team meltdown at KC, but I'm just sayin' 5-3 right now ain't that bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If you want them to win a playoff game this is who they will be up against and if they fold like a cheap suit against these teams now think how painful it will be come playoff time with their splendid record with Lewis at the helm.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: If you want them to win a playoff game this is who they will be up against and if they fold like a cheap suit against these teams now think how painful it will be come playoff time with their splendid record with Lewis at the helm.

Don't look now, but they're 3-2 versus top 10 Offenses, right now.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't look now, but they're 3-2 versus top 10 Offenses, right now.

But still can't beat Pittsburgh and tanked under the national spotlight big game in KC. 

Know what my take is? We all see what we want to see. And whatever that is....is fine.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Got it.  Sky is not falling.

I just get a little worried when I see our defense look like this...

[Image: 980x-5.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hell, I get it Sunset....to be honest, I had them pegged at 4-4 at the very best coming into the season at the bye. They're actually a little better than I thought. Last season, people blamed the offense because the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. We'll, one year later, same issue with a good offense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't look now, but they're 3-2 versus top 10 Offenses, right now.

And the path to the Super Bowl likely goes through Pittsburgh, Kansas City, or New England.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
5-3 isn't bad but this is not an encouraging 5-3. At all. This team very easily could be 0-fer right now. We have a lot of problems...

This team could realistically finish 7-9 or 8-8
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: But still can't beat Pittsburgh and tanked under the national spotlight big game in KC. 

Know what my take is? We all see what we want to see. And whatever that is....is fine.  ThumbsUp

Not saying they're great, or anything close.  Just saying that they've held par with some of the best Offenses in the league.  The team was also pretty beaten up, and emotionally dejected, following the Steelers debacle.  It's not uncommon at all, for teams to have a letdown the week after a draining game like that one.  That's not by any means an excuse, just a logical explanation.

Having a week off, getting some injured guys healthy, and perhaps a little introspection on the part of the coaching staff is just what this team needs.  They have an opportunity to really make a statement versus the Saints, who will certainly be drained after hosting the Rams this week.  On might say that they will be "ripe for the picking".  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Winning more than they lose is a good thing. If more people would enjoy the wins along the journey there would be a whole lot less whining in here.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nobody seems to realize that the Bengals have played against 5 of the top 10 Offenses in the NFL, so far.

This is certainly no excuse for the complete team meltdown at KC, but I'm just sayin' 5-3 right now ain't that bad.

This is interesting and I wonder what this looks like juxtaposed with the ravens top ranked D. What teams did they play and where are they ranked offensively. The bengals saints and panthers all ran up scores on them so did they get that ranking shutting down the bottom ranked offenses.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:46 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: 5-3 isn't bad but this is not an encouraging 5-3. At all. This team very easily could be 0-fer right now. We have a lot of problems...

Yes, well they could just as easily be 6-2 or 7-1.  I don't think anything could have stopped that KC loss, no matter the outcome of the Steelers game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:36 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Got it.  Sky is not falling.

I just get a little worried when I see our defense look like this...

[Image: 980x-5.gif]

Not sure if our D is the kids or the pigs.  Guess it doesn't matter, because either way, it's still entertaining.

I've been a Bengal fan long enough to know that the post-season, should it occur, will likely be a disappointment.  So, we best enjoy the regular season as much as possible while it's happening.  Especially when, after I make the effort, fight the traffic and pay airport prices for mediocre concessions, they actually manage to get the W, albeit in front of a half-empty stadium.  

Look, the O is inconsistent, the D is consistently bad and on pace for an NFL record yard yielded, and even if we do make the dance, Marvin will still be HC.  So, Imma enjoy this one and try not to think about what Drew Brees will...nope, not gonna think about it. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nobody seems to realize that the Bengals have played against 5 of the top 10 Offenses in the NFL, so far.

Thank you.

5-3 despite new defensive scheme, new offensive scheme AND tons of injuries.

All three losses were not unexpected. The KC loss was brutal enough for this Team to fold - which it didn't.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:46 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: 5-3 isn't bad but this is not an encouraging 5-3. At all. This team very easily could be 0-fer right now. We have a lot of problems...

They could be 0-for but they’re not. They’re not because the offense has constantly show that when it comes down the final drive they can deliver. Even against Pittsburgh they did what they were suppose to do.

Cleveland on the other hand could just as easily be a 5-6 win team right now but they haven’t been able to do what cincy has to close out and seal the deal.

Maybe it’s dumb luck or maybe this team has truly earned its record. I don’t really care right now I’ll take it either way. When/if we hit 6 loses I’ll worry. With any luck we’ll still be at no more than 5 when we roll into Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, I get it Sunset....to be honest, I had them pegged at 4-4 at the very best coming into the season at the bye. They're actually a little better than I thought. Last season, people blamed the offense because the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. We'll, one year later, same issue with a good offense.

The Bengals are 23rd in yards per game on offense. Good is an overstatement.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think playing against this defense is a good head start towards making the list for top 10 offenses in the NFL XD.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 08:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think playing against this defense is a good head start towards making the list for top 10 offenses in the NFL XD.

[Image: hC7B3319F]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Half way to ten wins while having a multitude of injuries. Hopefully we get some of the injured back in two weeks and improve on both sides of the ball. The Bengals have not given up so we shouldn't either. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:43 PM)Big Boss Wrote: And the path to the Super Bowl likely goes through Pittsburgh, Kansas City, or New England.

Does it? All of those teams have escaped serious injury to date. That could change quickly. If we use your philosophy let's just stop now an dgive Lombardi to the Rams, they are only undefeated left. But strange things happen 3 months from now, it is the NFL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote