Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectations for Kirkpatrick this year
Dre has struggled much of his time here. Do you think this will be his breakout year as he is in his contract year? Do you see Denard replacing him at any point this year?
Reply/Quote
I expect Dre to play well 90% of the time but have some huge boneheaded mistakes that will overshadow the rest of his play....

So basically more of the same ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 01:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I expect Dre to play well 90% of the time but have some huge boneheaded mistakes that will overshadow the rest of his play....

So basically more of the same ThumbsUp

Always seems good for 1 missed tackle and 1 stupid penalty per game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Same as last year. Play like one of the top 32 CBs in the league. He is not our #1 CB because Adam Jones is better, but overall on an average NFL team he would be the #1 CB.
Reply/Quote
I expect him to play like a first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 01:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same as last year.  Play like one of the top 32 CBs in the league.  He is not our #1 CB because Adam Jones is better, but overall on an average NFL team he would be the #1 CB.

Lol "if" he was the 32nd best CB then he wouldn't be the #1 CB on the average team. He would be the #1 CB on the worst team's in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's the next Josh Norman.

Does amazing in contract year because why not Ninja
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 01:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Always seems good for 1 missed tackle and 1 stupid penalty per game.

Good for being the only guy to never stop chasing a play.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I expect him to make a tackle, limp to the sidelines, take a few plays off and then come back on the field.

Seriously, I think he ups his game this year and plays with more aggression. He knows this is a huge season for him.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 02:38 AM)RASCAL Wrote: everybody on this board thinks you are on some type of drugs! then you post shit like this and leave no doubt!

Last year Dre was top 20 among CBs in passes defended and 3rd in solo tackles.

According to Football Outsiders among the 75 CBs that qualified (either 8 starts or 50 targets)  Dre ranked

#18 in yards allowed per target
top 24 in completion percentage allowed
#32 in success rate allowed

Dre played 97% of the snaps for our top 5 pass defense, and instead of lining up on the #2 WR he played the same side of the field almost every time.  So he was often matched up with the #1 WR of the opposing team.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 02:56 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lol "if" he was the 32nd best CB then he wouldn't be the #1 CB on the average team. He would be the #1 CB on the worst team's in the league.

I get your point, but I did not say he was the #32 CB in the league.  I said he was among the top 32 CBs in the league.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I get your point, but I did not say he was the #32 CB in the league.  I said he was among the top 32 CBs in the league.

Where does he rank then? If he's not around 16th then the average NFL team wouldn't have him as their #1 CB. If he's near 32nd then only the worst secondaries in the league would have him as their #1 CB. I think he's a decent #2, but any team that has him as their #1 is going to be in trouble.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I expect more of the same for Kirkpatrick & Dennard will have to stay healthy to contribute. Both need to play well for us to compete.
Reply/Quote
Is a capable starter in the league, and hopefully he plays like it.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 02:38 AM)RASCAL Wrote: everybody on this board thinks you are on some type of drugs! then you post shit like this and leave no doubt!

Hes not wrong....   Eye doctor appointments are needed around here apparently.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 07:55 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Good for being the only guy to never stop chasing a play.

Isn't it amazing how people forget the numerous times he's come from the opposite side of the field to run the play down and stop the touchdown? One thing about this board, once someone criticizes a player, there will be numerous parrots spouting the same thing over and over. My favorite is how during Gameday people will say the QB is targeting Dre like it's because he stinks, when actually it's just that they don't want to throw at Pac..... 
Reply/Quote
I think he steps up his game in a contract year, and last year was his first full year as a starter and healthy (started 15 games if I'm not mistaken, which is close enough).

I think he comes to play and gets at least one pick 6 ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I find it interesting that he is entering his 5th season as a Bengal and we are still making threads debating on what kind of player he is going to be. I predict we will have this guy figured out sometime before he retires.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I find it interesting that he is entering his 5th season as a Bengal and we are still making threads debating on what kind of player he is going to be. I predict we will have this guy figured out sometime before he retires.

I've got him figured out....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I get your point, but I did not say he was the #32 CB in the league.  I said he was among the top 32 CBs in the league.

I say he's among the top 111
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote