Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
(08-12-2022, 11:00 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The history shows the press has never treated Trump fairly so I am skeptical about what is reported. When I heard of the raid, my first thought was the FBI would plant something on him. I am going with my first instinct.

Dude is so powerful that he declassified the boxes the FBI just planted.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
It's interesting seeing conservatives file this under "no big deal" while simultaneously losing their minds over plant based sausage being on the Cracker Barrel menu.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 07:29 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Not just lock him up…..but something a little more permanent perhaps.  Don’t give him his cushy couch in solitude.  Treat him like a traitor in 1785.

Michael Hayden, the former CIA director, replied to a tweet suggesting execution for anyone leaking nuke secrets.  Didn't specifically mention anyone, but the fact that we are in this reality and we got here this quickly is hard to digest.
Reply/Quote
From what I heard last night...none of the documents reach the highest level of secrecy. Three reach the second highest level.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:57 AM)Goalpost Wrote: From what I heard last night...none of the documents reach the highest level of secrecy. Three reach the second highest level.

So, that's hard to say. TS/SCI is top of the hierarchy for clearances because we're talking about compartmentalized information at that point. There were TS/SCI files on the receipt. So, unless someone is saying this compartmentalized information is higher than this other compartmentalized information, I don't know what they're getting at.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:50 AM)samhain Wrote: Michael Hayden, the former CIA director, replied to a tweet suggesting execution for anyone leaking nuke secrets.  Didn't specifically mention anyone, but the fact that we are in this reality and we got here this quickly is hard to digest.

I have to say though, that's where I share some of the media critizism. That there are nuclear secrets within the documents Trump took is very much unconfirmed, and yet it's reported and speculated about everywhere. I don't really understand that impulse.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, that's hard to say. TS/SCI is top of the hierarchy for clearances because we're talking about compartmentalized information at that point. There were TS/SCI files on the receipt. So, unless someone is saying this compartmentalized information is higher than this other compartmentalized information, I don't know what they're getting at.

My understanding is these documents are generally in binders, the covers of which get initialized to their level of classification or secrecy.   I don't know the number of levels, it might be 4 or 5 from 'most' classified in importance to 'least' by the initialing.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:00 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The history shows the press has never treated Trump fairly so I am skeptical about what is reported. When I heard of the raid, my first thought was the FBI would plant something on him. I am going with my first instinct.

FOH
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:43 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My understanding is these documents are generally in binders, the covers of which get initialized to their level of classification or secrecy.   I don't know the number of levels, it might be 4 or 5 from 'most' classified in importance to 'least' by the initialing.

Binders full of women?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Everyone shut up. Someone on here heard something and might understand another concept.

That all checks out for me.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:43 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My understanding is these documents are generally in binders, the covers of which get initialized to their level of classification or secrecy.   I don't know the number of levels, it might be 4 or 5 from 'most' classified in importance to 'least' by the initialing.

Classification levels go:

Unclassified
Confidential
Secret
Top Secret
TS/SCI (for intel community) or SAP (for DoD)

SCI and SAP are compartmentalized information that is "need to know." So even if you have a TS clearance, you have to have that specific compartmental clearance for the information. SCI/SAP isn't technically higher than TS, it's just that it tends to have a smaller list than TS does and is controlled by code words. DOE also has some compartmentalized clearances (Q and L I think they are).

I have a friend in Scouting that actually performs these background checks for SSBIs (the ones needed for SCI/SAP clearances), so we've had some fun chats.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:01 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: ….[Image: attachment.php?aid=1784]

That may be the case in Russia and the Philippines and Brazil.  

But in the U.S. we are still fighting it. (Hence all the chatter about a "deep state" out to get Trump--i.e., checks and balances.)

Part of the "division" in the nation concerns this redefinition of crime and rule of law. Trump punished people who stood up for
rule of law whenever they got in his way, even punishing their families where possible.

So sad that I cannot tell who is winning or losing-- Trump still has another shot at the presidency.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:57 AM)Goalpost Wrote: From what I heard last night...none of the documents reach the highest level of secrecy.  Three reach the second highest level.

Yes, at least one folder/set of documents does reach the highest level of secrecy.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:48 PM)Dill Wrote: That may be the case in Russia and the Philippines and Brazil.  

But in the U.S. we are still fighting it. (Hence all the chatter about a "deep state" out to get Trump--i.e., checks and balances.)

Part of the "division" in the nation concerns this redefinition of crime and rule of law. Trump punished people who stood up for
rule of law whenever they got in his way, even punishing their families where possible.

So sad that I cannot tell who is winning or losing-- Trump still has another shot at the presidency.

I’d bet my last dollar that Trump walks free from this. Maybe even walks back into the White House. I just don’t see him getting what the majority of us here want him to get.

I just don’t understand this one simple fact. IF he’s guilty of all this, why is he still walking free and not locked up already? If this was you or me, we’d already be taken away in cuffs and never see the light of day again.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:42 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’d bet my last dollar that Trump walks free from this.  Maybe even walks back into the White House.  I just don’t see him getting what the majority of us here want him to get.  

I just don’t understand this one simple fact.  IF he’s guilty of all this, why is he still walking free and not locked up already?  If this was you or me, we’d already be taken away in cuffs and never see the light of day again.

One of Trump's 2024 promises will be that he will pardon himself. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:42 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’d bet my last dollar that Trump walks free from this.  Maybe even walks back into the White House.  I just don’t see him getting what the majority of us here want him to get.  

I just don’t understand this one simple fact.  IF he’s guilty of all this, why is he still walking free and not locked up already?  If this was you or me, we’d already be taken away in cuffs and never see the light of day again.

I don't know for a fact that jailtime would be warranted in that case, or if it were already warranted right now. But yeah, the example of Trump showcased time and again that these often-heard sayings that "everyone's equal uder the law" are not true. Trump argued that way many times and was not refuted. And I'd also guess one of the reasons for that is that jailing Trump would send the country in turmoil and might lead to violence. And that's a tricky thing, going after him as if he were just a common person when you can foresee it will have such dire consequences.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know for a fact that jailtime would be warranted in that case, or if it were already warranted right now. But yeah, the example of Trump showcased time and again that these often-heard sayings that "everyone's equal uder the law" are not true. Trump argued that way many times and was not refuted. And I'd also guess one of the reasons for that is that jailing Trump would send the country in turmoil and might lead to violence. And that's a tricky thing, going after him as if he were just a common person when you can foresee it will have such dire consequences.

Any event regarding Trump is a risk for violent turmoil.  He's going to die of natural causes within the next decade and conservative pundits are going to say he may have been assassinated and it's time for 1776. 
Reply/Quote
Trump's lawyers signed a letter back in June, telling the DOJ that he had no more documents. Gee what a surprise...he lied

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Any event regarding Trump is a risk for violent turmoil.  He's going to die of natural causes within the next decade and conservative pundits are going to say he may have been assassinated and it's time for 1776. 

Yeah sure, I'm just saying. A careful/hesitant person, like Garland seems to be, might shy away from indictments. Trump, in that sense, is above the law. Not as much as his supporters want him to be, but still.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 04:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah sure, I'm just saying. A careful/hesitant person, like Garland seems to be, might shy away from indictments. Trump, in that sense, is above the law. Not as much as his supporters want him to be, but still.

They're just going to riot over something else. 
Reply/Quote