Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI to re-open Email Investigation
so any update from comey on if the emails are relevant or not?

i would think he would want to get his ducks in a row before he did something like this, since this could be a violation of the Hatch Act
People suck
(10-29-2016, 01:48 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's her campaign taking a complete 180 on their handling of this topic and Clinton controversy in general in the final two weeks of the campaign that's astonishing. She got this far by basically ignoring everything against her and having surrogates go out and publicly down play anything by blaming a Russian conspiracy.

Why does she need to beg the FBI to release them? If they are Secretary of State related emails and they truly aren't classified, why wouldn't she just release everything she has on her own?

If she released everything she has on her own, what would that prove to the people who doubt her?

Nothing. 

The doubters would still doubt she released everything. 
(10-31-2016, 09:30 AM)Griever Wrote: so any update from comey on if the emails are relevant or not?

i would think he would want to get his ducks in a row before he did something like this, since this could be a violation of the Hatch Act

Well, they just got the warrant yesterday to actually look at the emails. So now they can find out if the emails have any significance to the previous investigation or, and this is the most likely scenario, they were emails already reviewed during the investigation and all of this was pointless.

Now comes the next step, there will likely be a DoJ investigation into whether Comey violated the law, Hatch Act or otherwise.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-31-2016, 09:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If she released everything she has on her own, what would that prove to the people who doubt her?

Nothing. 

The doubters would still doubt she released everything. 
If releasing her emails won't help, why is she asking the FBI to do it?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-31-2016, 09:59 AM)6andcounting Wrote: If releasing her emails won't help, why is she asking the FBI to do it?

Maybe, although unlikely, the doubters might not doubt the FBI? But, even that is doubtful. 
(10-28-2016, 09:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: How can they expect to find any criminal activity when none has been found in this: http://www.newsweek.com/2016/09/23/george-w-bush-white-house-lost-22-million-emails-497373.html

Many of those 22 Million Emails were recovered via backup tapes on those servers.
Where's Hillary's backups?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-31-2016, 11:42 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Many of those 22 Million Emails were recovered via backup tapes on those servers.

Many?

How many?

22,000,000 vs 33,000
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-31-2016, 09:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, they just got the warrant yesterday to actually look at the emails. So now they can find out if the emails have any significance to the previous investigation or, and this is the most likely scenario, they were emails already reviewed during the investigation and all of this was pointless.

Now comes the next step, there will likely be a DoJ investigation into whether Comey violated the law, Hatch Act or otherwise.

i think he did, but then again, intent will be key and i think thats where he will slide by

either way, hes gonna be gone after this election more than likely
People suck
(10-31-2016, 11:42 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Many of those 22 Million Emails were recovered via backup tapes on those servers.

the ones "recovered", does that include emails from the 3 month gap at the beginning of the iraq war that were completely gone? 

How do you lose an entire 3 months worth of emails at the beginning of a war?
People suck
(10-31-2016, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Many?

How many?

22,000,000 vs 33,000

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/14/white.house.emails/

Washington (CNN) -- Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

Let me know when you have 90%+ of Hillary's.
(10-31-2016, 01:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/14/white.house.emails/

Washington (CNN) -- Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

Let me know when you have 90%+ of Hillary's.

Well, I guess we'll have to give it it 2-4 years and then another decade or so until they can be made public.   Smirk

Then we'll see how many really are there.

At least the Bush administration didn't lose mislabel them when they were under investigation.

Oh, wait...they did
(10-31-2016, 12:39 PM)Griever Wrote: the ones "recovered", does that include emails from the 3 month gap at the beginning of the iraq war that were completely gone? 

How do you lose an entire 3 months worth of emails at the beginning of a war?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/14/white.house.emails/

Monday's settlement allows for 94 days of e-mail traffic, scattered between January 2003 to April 2005, to be restored from backup tapes. Of those 94 days, 40 were picked by statistical sample; another 21 days were suggested by the White House; and the groups that filed suit picked 33 that seemed "historically significant," from the months before the invasion of Iraq to the period when the firings of U.S. attorneys were being planned.

So I guess it does include some of those days.
(10-31-2016, 01:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, I guess we'll have to give it it 2-4 years and then another decade or so until they can be made public.   Smirk

Then we'll see how many really are there.

At least the Bush administration didn't lose mislabel them when they were under investigation.

Oh, wait...they did

You mean they didn't use Bleach Bit on them after getting a subpoena...
(10-31-2016, 02:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/14/white.house.emails/

Monday's settlement allows for 94 days of e-mail traffic, scattered between January 2003 to April 2005, to be restored from backup tapes. Of those 94 days, 40 were picked by statistical sample; another 21 days were suggested by the White House; and the groups that filed suit picked 33 that seemed "historically significant," from the months before the invasion of Iraq to the period when the firings of U.S. attorneys were being planned.

So I guess it does include some of those days.

thanks for this, wasnt aware :andy:
People suck
(10-31-2016, 02:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You mean they didn't use Bleach Bit on them after getting a subpoena...

I mean the President and Vice President "mislabeled" 22 million emails while under investigation that couldn't be found until they were out of office.

Now we wait until 2021 to see if there was anything in there...if they are archived by then.
Neither side really cares about your 1st Amendment rights or FOIA. The goal is to delay your access to that information until they've gotten what they wanted and moved on.

Clinton did it. Obama is probably doing it. Bush did it. The other Clinton did it. The other Bush did it. Reagan did it.

It's sad when the standard for honesty in office was lowered after Nixon.
Nothing is going to happen to Comey, the Precedent was already set before Comey.

Daddy Bush only got 4 days before his second term re-election against Bill Clinton, and then got his indictment (turned out to be nothing), but it definitely cost him some votes.
(10-31-2016, 09:59 AM)6andcounting Wrote: If releasing her emails won't help, why is she asking the FBI to do it?

Because she has changed tactic. She has now decided to blame the FBI for her careless at best, criminal at worst behavior as SOS instead of Russia
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

You don't have to believe that Russia is behind the hacks to understand how many have been taken and quoted out of context to create "something" out of nothing.

I wouldn't acknowledge them either.  Every time she explains what is in one (Lincoln) people ignore it and she is "lying again".

There's no there there.

But if it makes people who "aren't defending Trump" feel better about voting for him I guess it served a purpose.
(11-01-2016, 07:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: You don't have to believe that Russia is behind the hacks to understand how many have been taken and quoted out of context to create "something" out of nothing.

I wouldn't acknowledge them either.  Every time she explains what is in one (Lincoln) people ignore it and she is "lying again".

There's no there there.

But if it makes people who "aren't defending Trump" feel better about voting for him I guess it served a purpose.

Then why did Debbie Wasserman lose her job because of what was in those Emails, if they are all hokey pokey as you say.