Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who most impressed you tonight?
(08-13-2018, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is almost as good of news as the O-line looking much better. Was not high on our Linebackers besides Burfict
and Preston Brown. With these two coming around our Defense should be so much better. I might eat some crow
on my Haslett hate if this keeps up.

ThumbsUp

I'm gonna watch the game again tonight but I do remember Vigil being in on some plays early. Don't think he played very many snaps though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great stuff Wyche. Love hearing Gio running with intensity.

I think just last year was when he finally got back to where he was before the Shazier hit.

Sounds like he might even be better now. What a duo. Still wondering about the Walton pick with Brian Hill and Tra
Carson always being impressive in their own right. Got some really talented RB's on this roster. Nothing like back in
the days when i was always envying other teams with talented RB's. Loved Rudi but he was not near as talented as
these guys. He just had a great Line, if this Line gets up to that standard these Backs are going to have a huge year.

Yep....it was kinda strange to see Gio shoving guys after the play in a preseason game, but I liked it...lol.  

I think you're right, he just had no one to run behind until the scheme switch...and neither did Joe or Jeremy, who had a decent night for the Patsies himself.

Agree with all of the last paragraph.  Kinda wondering about the Walton pick as well....and man, the first two guys ARE a helluva duo.  I hope we get to see them on the field at the same time some. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 07:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm gonna watch the game again tonight but I do remember Vigil being in on some plays early. Don't think he played very many snaps though.

That's what I recall.  He had a pretty decent game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 07:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm gonna watch the game again tonight but I do remember Vigil being in on some plays early. Don't think he played very many snaps though.

Tell me your version of what you saw when you can man. Trust your judgment.

(08-14-2018, 09:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....it was kinda strange to see Gio shoving guys after the play in a preseason game, but I liked it...lol.  

I think you're right, he just had no one to run behind until the scheme switch...and neither did Joe or Jeremy, who had a decent night for the Patsies himself.

Agree with all of the last paragraph.  Kinda wondering about the Walton pick as well....and man, the first two guys ARE a helluva duo.  I hope we get to see them on the field at the same time some. :andy:

Maybe Gio was pissed about how they kicked our ass last year ha ha.

Hard to judge your RB's when the O-line has such a passive run blocking scheme that is for sure.

Maybe i was a bit hard on Jeremy but he still is not nearly as versatile as Gio and Mixon. Like all of our backs honestly.

Need to have Gio and Mixon on the field at the same time at times, both can play Receiver. Have great hands and can
run routes. We just saw a touch of it with Mixon split out wide. He can be a Receiver that breaks tackles and goes all
the way at anytime. Explosive power.
Reply/Quote