Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who most impressed you tonight?
Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 12:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I was surprised with the Walton pick since I thought Hill was a solid #3 RB. I know the Falcons regretted letting him go. They wanted him back behind Freeman and Coleman. 

Same here, not that a dislike Walton at all, the man is mad heart and could be great with it. His story is just as admirable
as Shaq Griffin but more admirable honestly. Dude has dealt with more heartache than a man should go through his entire
life and he was a great RB at Miami.

I just thought OT was the obvious choice in the 4th round with Brian Hill looking so good in limited snaps.

Brian Hill can do it all and i believe is bigger than Walton. Might be a tough battle a brewin'.

And i like Tra Carson too. Didn't find RB to be a need. OT definately was but it seems Hart is coming around under Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin Lewis.

Now you are just opening a can Fred.....
Reply/Quote
Offense: AJ Green amazing, Malone 3 catches to lead the team.

Defense: Geno sack and forced a holding call creating a 3rd-23 on first series.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 03:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Offense: AJ Green amazing, Malone 3 catches to lead the team.

Defense: Geno sack and forced a holding call creating a 3rd-23 on first series.

Pay the man.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 12:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I didn't see it that way. Gio had more carries. Mixon touched the ball on each of the 1st downs in the first drive, two were runs. Then he had a great catch and run for the TD. I see Mixon as a better receiver than Bernard.

Bernard ran hard, but so did Mixon especially on the yards after the catch.

Mixon had the nice catch...and ran hard. However, he had several runs that didn't go for much....whereas Gio seemed to always get at least three. He ran strong for nice gains....and even shoved a defender when two of them couldn't bring him down on his first carry.

I guess we just disagree....but I feel Gio looked better running than Mixon did. That's not to say Mixon was a slouch or anything like that though...he had a nice game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 07:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Mixon had the nice catch...and ran hard. However, he had several runs that didn't go for much....whereas Gio seemed to always get at least three. He ran strong for nice gains....and even shoved a defender when two of them couldn't bring him down on his first carry.

I guess we just disagree....but I feel Gio looked better running than Mixon did. That's not to say Mixon was a slouch or anything like that though...he had a nice game.

Both are extremely talented, love both our main backs but i just cannot help but think you still wish we got
Dalvin Cook Wyche haha.
Reply/Quote

I have to agree, Marvin and his big belly impressed me the most.  And I feel kind of bad about it because I think it might be a medical issue for it to have swelled up that big in a couple of months.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 08:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both are extremely talented, love both our main backs but i just cannot help but think you still wish we got
Dalvin Cook Wyche haha.

That's beside the point. Gio had the better night on the ground from what I saw in the first two series. Watch the game and tell me. Mixon had the highlight reel play on the catch and looked great overall, but Gio had the better night rushing in my eyes.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 07:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Mixon had the nice catch...and ran hard. However, he had several runs that didn't go for much....whereas Gio seemed to always get at least three. He ran strong for nice gains....and even shoved a defender when two of them couldn't bring him down on his first carry.

Mixon only played one series and had 3 runs. The first one was on the Bengals first 1st down and went for 2 yards. The second one was on the Bengals second 1st down and went for 2 yards. The third was right after the second run and went for 5 yards. That was all the runs he had.

Those 1st down runs I felt were safe plays to get the offense something simple to get them into the season I didn't put much into them and they were for positive yards, unlike many of the runs the last two years where there was no room to run at all.

Reply/Quote
I have been driving this Auden Tate Bandwagon from the day we drafted him and the kid is delivering. I think people are under estimating what he can be. I keep hearing red zone piece, but the reality is he can be a #2 for us, especially in three wide sets when we move Boyd into the slot. People that like to act like separation only occurs with speed are misguided. You can get separation by chucking out of press, you can get it by being physical at the stem, heck you don't even need it if you can shield with your body correctly (Dez Bryant made his living do this).

I 100% believe Tate could end up getting substantial snaps on this team by mid season.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 02:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's beside the point. Gio had the better night on the ground from what I saw in the first two series. Watch the game and tell me. Mixon had the highlight reel play on the catch and looked great overall, but Gio had the better night rushing in my eyes.

I like the intensity of the way Mixon runs the ball.  But honestly I don' think much of his vision.
Reply/Quote
Two players that a lot haven't talked about:
Offense - Tra Carson - Guy has explosion when he runs. Hits the hole and anyone in his way, gets ran over!!
Defense - Nick Vigil - I thought he showed the most instincts of the starting LBers. Reads the play well and steps into the hole.
Reply/Quote

It was really painful to see Marvin run out after the game. Does he have bad knees or something? He could hardly moved.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 01:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It was really painful to see Marvin run out after the game. Does he have bad knees or something? He could hardly moved.

Can't tell if it's his hips or knees, but something's definitely off.  Looks painful.  Surprised he hasn't done off season surgery.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 02:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's beside the point. Gio had the better night on the ground from what I saw in the first two series. Watch the game and tell me. Mixon had the highlight reel play on the catch and looked great overall, but Gio had the better night rushing in my eyes.

Cool.

Could be correct but damn that was a nice play by Mixon. Shocked

(08-13-2018, 11:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Mixon only played one series and had 3 runs. The first one was on the Bengals first 1st down and went for 2 yards. The second one was on the Bengals second 1st down and went for 2 yards. The third was right after the second run and went for 5 yards. That was all the runs he had.

Those 1st down runs I felt were safe plays to get the offense something simple to get them into the season I didn't put much into them and they were for positive yards, unlike many of the runs the last two years where there was no room to run at all.

ThumbsUp

(08-13-2018, 11:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have been driving this Auden Tate Bandwagon from the day we drafted him and the kid is delivering. I think people are under estimating what he can be. I keep hearing red zone piece, but the reality is he can be a #2 for us, especially in three wide sets when we move Boyd into the slot. People that like to act like separation only occurs with speed are misguided. You can get separation by chucking out of press, you can get it by being physical at the stem, heck you don't even need it if you can shield with your body correctly (Dez Bryant made his living do this).

I 100% believe Tate could end up getting substantial snaps on this team by mid season.

Could be right man, he sure has some great hands, catch radius, physicality and just natural gifts you cannot teach a WR.

(08-13-2018, 01:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Two players that a lot haven't talked about:
Offense -  Tra Carson - Guy has explosion when he runs. Hits the hole and anyone in his way, gets ran over!!
Defense - Nick Vigil - I thought he showed the most instincts of the starting LBers. Reads the play well and steps into the hole.

Another reason i didn't understand the Walton pick, Tra Carson. We got some good RB's, even our backups.

Great to hear about Vigil, really hope he becomes a good SAM backer for us, we need one.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 11:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Mixon only played one series and had 3 runs. The first one was on the Bengals first 1st down and went for 2 yards. The second one was on the Bengals second 1st down and went for 2 yards. The third was right after the second run and went for 5 yards. That was all the runs he had.

.....and Bernard only had 4 carries, 24 yds, 5.8YPC. Mellow  My comparison was also going off of Gio's first series, I'm not sure he played after the one series either.  Giovanni Bernard's first carry went off tackle, close to the sticks and he literally would not go down, and shoved a Bears player after the play.  He played with a lot of intensity, and had a better night on the ground, and also had a carry that went over 10 yards, moving the chains and extending the drive that led to Boyd's TD.

He went for 3 yards, 1 yard up the gut, 8 yards, and 11 yards.

He was statistically better, and he just had a better night on the ground finding the holes and breaking through them.  His intensity was what really impressed me.  He was running with passion and purpose.  Mixon had the highlight reel play and a TD.  Like I said, it isn't like I'm saying Joe had a shitty game, I'm just saying Gio ran better, and the numbers indicate that as being the case.

Also, Gio had ZERO targets in the passing game....so if he catches a pass, maybe he has an even better night.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 05:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and Bernard only had 4 carries, 24 yds, 5.8YPC. Mellow  My comparison was also going off of Gio's first series, I'm not sure he played after the one series either.  Giovanni Bernard's first carry went off tackle, close to the sticks and he literally would not go down, and shoved a Bears player after the play.  He played with a lot of intensity, and had a better night on the ground, and also had a carry that went over 10 yards, moving the chains and extending the drive that led to Boyd's TD.

He went for 3 yards, 1 yard up the gut, 8 yards, and 11 yards.

He was statistically better, and he just had a better night on the ground finding the holes and breaking through them.  His intensity was what really impressed me.  He was running with passion and purpose.  Mixon had the highlight reel play and a TD.  Like I said, it isn't like I'm saying Joe had a shitty game, I'm just saying Gio ran better, and the numbers indicate that as being the case.

Also, Gio had ZERO targets in the passing game....so if he catches a pass, maybe he has an even better night.

Great stuff Wyche. Love hearing Gio running with intensity.

I think just last year was when he finally got back to where he was before the Shazier hit.

Sounds like he might even be better now. What a duo. Still wondering about the Walton pick with Brian Hill and Tra
Carson always being impressive in their own right. Got some really talented RB's on this roster. Nothing like back in
the days when i was always envying other teams with talented RB's. Loved Rudi but he was not near as talented as
these guys. He just had a great Line, if this Line gets up to that standard these Backs are going to have a huge year.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 01:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Two players that a lot haven't talked about:
Offense -  Tra Carson - Guy has explosion when he runs. Hits the hole and anyone in his way, gets ran over!!

Vigil looked bigger and better

Evans was all over the field in my opinion the short time he played
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 06:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Vigil looked bigger and better

Evans was all over the field in my opinion the short time he played

This is almost as good of news as the O-line looking much better. Was not high on our Linebackers besides Burfict
and Preston Brown. With these two coming around our Defense should be so much better. I might eat some crow
on my Haslett hate if this keeps up.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote