Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Cuts and 2019 Roster
As we head to final cut day around the NFL, post your cuts from all teams and us in here as we hear them. We all are hoping a LB or OL becomes available who can improve our roster. I know this may normally fit in free agency thread, but thought it belonged here since we are at cut days for 2019.

I will start. Veteran safety T.J. McDonald of Miami has been cut.

Is he better than what we have at safety? He has played safety/LB role with the Dolphins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I still think we could do better than Williams, is that guy McDonald? Maybe.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
McDonald is kind of a Williams clone. He is more of a lateral move than upgrade.
Reply/Quote
I'm keeping my eyes out on the tackles getting cut. There has to be at least one of them out there better than Andre Smith and Bobby Hart.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 10:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm keeping my eyes out on the tackles getting cut. There has to be at least one of them out there better than Andre Smith and Bobby Hart.

I am hopeful but not optimistic a better OT than Hart is available. But I have yet to give up on Hart. I am hopeful the Skins decide to trade Williams and we are waiting at their doorstep if they do.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We may be able to have 1 or 2 OL join our PS over the team that cut them merely because we present a better opportunity to play. Final OL cuts on some teams are going to be better players than our final cuts or last roster guys at this position, not at DL obviously but at least at OL and LB.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
If we want O line help it will come via trade. The demand for starting caliber O line right now is so high no one is going to chance waiting around for waivers.
Reply/Quote
I was always a fan of Dekoda Watson but he never quite put it together. Wouldn't mind giving him a chance.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 10:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm keeping my eyes out on the tackles getting cut. There has to be at least one of them out there better than Andre Smith and Bobby Hart.

doubt they will drop the team captain
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 11:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: If we want O line help it will come via trade. The demand for starting caliber O line right now is so high no one is going to chance waiting around for waivers.

With Lamar Miller tearing his ACL, one has to think this might be an opportunity to trade one of Bernard, Anderson, or Treyveon Williams to get one of the OL from the Texans. Their two new drafted OTs, Howard and Scharping, are both (at least) 3rd on the depth chart at their respective positions, so they might be willing to part with one of them. Or if not, perhaps one of their other OL (maybe Roderick Johnson?)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was always a fan of Dekoda Watson but he never quite put it together. Wouldn't mind giving him a chance.

Maybe he just did not fit in Denver or SF. One alarming is Denver got rid of him twice.

Are you saying claim him off waivers or try and sign him to 53 man immediately?

I know one thing, it was depressing watching the Steelers starting LB's, back up LB's and safeties all over the field covering and hitting people last night. 
I watch us in preseason (I know only preseason) and we seem to have receivers running wide open and RB's not being hit until 4 yards or more downfield.
I see their DL dominate.

Based on that, I am very concerned about defense in 2019. I hope I am wrong.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know one thing, it was depressing watching the Steelers starting LB's, back up LB's and safeties all over the field covering and hitting people last night. 
I watch us in preseason (I know only preseason) and we seem to have receivers running wide open and RB's not being hit until 4 yards or more downfield.
I see their DL dominate.

I also am very concerned.  Not only that, our DC also seems very frustrated with the performance.   Our DBs and LBs are both looking really bad - even Jackson has been having some struggles.

Just seems like it is the same old thing:  receivers and running backs run amok in our backfield, and we cannot tackle.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With Lamar Miller tearing his ACL, one has to think this might be an opportunity to trade one of Bernard, Anderson, or Treyveon Williams to get one of the OL from the Texans. Their two new drafted OTs, Howard and Scharping, are both (at least) 3rd on the depth chart at their respective positions, so they might be willing to part with one of them. Or if not, perhaps one of their other OL (maybe Roderick Johnson?)

Would be all for Howard or Scharping in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With Lamar Miller tearing his ACL, one has to think this might be an opportunity to trade one of Bernard, Anderson, or Treyveon Williams to get one of the OL from the Texans. Their two new drafted OTs, Howard and Scharping, are both (at least) 3rd on the depth chart at their respective positions, so they might be willing to part with one of them. Or if not, perhaps one of their other OL (maybe Roderick Johnson?)

They just had a Guard go down, they have had some lingering injuries at Tackle as well all camp. They are actually in the market for a tackle as we speak. They traded for Duke Johnson which to me is a comp to Gio so no need there. I think they sign Jay Ajayi to give them a between the tackles runner.

Edit for Injury Clarification
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe he just did not fit in Denver or SF. One alarming is Denver got rid of him twice.

Are you saying claim him off waivers or try and sign him to 53 man immediately?

I know one thing, it was depressing watching the Steelers starting LB's, back up LB's and safeties all over the field covering and hitting people last night. 
I see their DL dominate.

The Steelers hired Keith Butler to run their defense after LeBeau.
Transition is always easier when you promote from within.
Players just stay in same scheme 
Now look at the Bengals.
4 DCs in 2 years 
Big difference.
Guys are still learning Coach Lou's verbage etc 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 02:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: They just had a Guard go down, they have had some lingering injuries at Tackle as well all camp. They are actually in the market for a tackle as we speak. They traded for Duke Johnson which to me is a comp to Gio so no need there. I think they sign Jay Ajayi to give them a  between the tackles runner.

Edit for Injury Clarification

I knew about the lingering injuries to Matt Kalil but hear he's still expected starter Week 1 at OT. Didn't know about the other injuries.

As for Duke Johnson, would it not make sense to bring in Gio even with Duke?
As you said, both are the same type of player, and rotating them in helps keep the ability to run the same type of plays while keeping their legs fresh. Because the way I see it, if Duke goes down there's no one else to fill that role.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 04:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I knew about the lingering injuries to Matt Kalil but hear he's still expected starter Week 1 at OT. Didn't know about the other injuries.

As for Duke Johnson, would it not make sense to bring in Gio even with Duke?
As you said, both are the same type of player, and rotating them in helps keep the ability to run the same type of plays while keeping their legs fresh. Because the way I see it, if Duke goes down there's no one else to fill that role.

Not really, I think they probably would want some one who has been an early down back at some point. I could see a move for Gordon, especially if the asking price from the Chargers has dropped. Either way, I think the best we do is a pick back not any decent Caliber O linemen. 
Reply/Quote
ZT might be different but Brown isn't. I don't see us picking up anyone. I feel like we probably would have by now.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 04:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not really, I think they probably would want some one who has been an early down back at some point. I could see a move for Gordon, especially if the asking price from the Chargers has dropped. Either way, I think the best we do is a pick back not any decent Caliber O linemen. 

A pick would work too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 04:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A pick would work too.

Right, but they sent their 4th (conditional 3rd) for Duke so we take what, a 5th? Maybe add a future with it? IDK I think we keep him for now as there are normally some mid season injuries to backs and that I think will present us with more value. I'd also like to make sure Williams is healthy and Anderson holds up first as well. 
Reply/Quote