Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally -- A place to discuss Bengals football intelligently
(11-14-2018, 03:32 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Well, if you hovered a rubber mallet above my manberries in an ominous fashion and forced me to prognosticate -- I would venture a guess that Mr. Ross would have less than 100 catches in his Bengals career. Does that answer the question?  Smirk
Congrats man, you made the squad!   LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This site sucks. The mods suck. The bengals suck. And you suck for joining this mess.

Just kidding, welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 04:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: This site sucks. The mods suck. The bengals suck. And you suck for joining this mess.

Just kidding, welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes Mr. BenZoo, everything stinks.

[Image: GTijP1B.jpg]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm afraid you came to the wrong place if you're looking to discuss the Bengals intelligently! Just kidding of course, welcome aboard!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 08:53 PM)Lucidus Wrote: As I discussed with a staff member in another thread, I am new to your forum. My previous home for Bengals discussion was a Bengals group on Facebook, as well as the Bengals Facebook page.

I don't know how many of you have ever attempted to have real football discussions on Facebook, but it's incredibly difficult for a wide variety of reasons, and the lack of any actual depth of conversation led me to look for a new arena to discuss Bengals football.

I decided to join this forum as it was the highest ranked on a Google search and seemed to be much more active than any other Bengals message board. I must say that I'm enjoying myself tremendously thus far. In reading through the different threads, I've already found it to be a far superior exchange of thoughts and opinions than I ever encountered on Facebook.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and having many good conversations. While I can be a bit opinionated at times, I always try to be as fair and respectful as I can.

Yeah I know the rules, Im not allowed to post here because Im not one of you, but too bad  Tongue  Im posting with the best interests of the board overall in mind. Think of me as the ambassador of the seedy side of town. The place where your mother warned you to never go and if you do, never walk alone. 

Let me be the first to invite you over to the Smack Talk forum where the real fun is. Once you've had your fill of real talk here, venture on over. But be aware not to take things too seriously, it is smack after all. Don't let the harsh words or trollish nature fool you, we are all one big happy wedgie giving, noogie rubbing family. Except Brad. No one really likes Brad  Wink

So come on over and talk some sh*t and learn how to take some sh*t from other teams fans. It's all in good fun. 
Reply/Quote
Welcome!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 08:53 PM)Lucidus Wrote: As I discussed with a staff member in another thread, I am new to your forum. My previous home for Bengals discussion was a Bengals group on Facebook, as well as the Bengals Facebook page.

I don't know how many of you have ever attempted to have real football discussions on Facebook, but it's incredibly difficult for a wide variety of reasons, and the lack of any actual depth of conversation led me to look for a new arena to discuss Bengals football.

I decided to join this forum as it was the highest ranked on a Google search and seemed to be much more active than any other Bengals message board. I must say that I'm enjoying myself tremendously thus far. In reading through the different threads, I've already found it to be a far superior exchange of thoughts and opinions than I ever encountered on Facebook.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and having many good conversations. While I can be a bit opinionated at times, I always try to be as fair and respectful as I can.

Welcome! Cool

Yes, this is the best message board if you want to discuss the Bengals and i can already tell you know your stuff.

Just happy we moved on from Austin, that was the most passive coach i think i have ever witnessed. I think that
with Marv taking over this Defense we should get much better and make a run at that last Playoff spot. Always
love having that one more game to watch my team, i just don't know if we will win a playoff game until we do
under Marvin Lewis. His record speaks for itself.

I wanted Marv to take over this Defense weeks ago. I think it will help with him not sticking his nose in Lazor's
bidness on Offense which he seemingly has always done. I don't think it is a coincidence that every OC we have
had here has done a lot of the same things in 2nd halves of games.
Reply/Quote

So pleased to have you on board.I am the forty-year fan on here and I have truly been a fan of this football team for 48 years,, I am a retired decorated Vietnam vet and this team and football in general is fun for me,but I can tell you I hate to lose,especially to anyone in the AFC north.Looking forward to your comments and feedback.Welcome to you. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
If you guys keep telling him again and again to avoid the gameday thread, where the hell do you think he's going to want to go?

It's not that bad, Lucidis. Take it, like all the other forums here with a grain of salt, and not too seriously. You'll learn soon enough who to listen to and who to ignore.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard a great forum. I like the gameday thread but it usually moves too fast for me to follow it all.

I was a member of the espn forums from the late 90's until they got rid of all their forums. Does anyone else here remember that? The main troll/homer was mscheney or something like that lol. Fun times. Since then I've not had a favorite place to read until I found thebengalsboard. I tried facebook as well and it really blew. I dont always post unless its something like this Teryl Austin drama or sometimes gameday, but I love reading this board, and I've learned a lot from the people who post here. I check it every day to see what folks are saying. Good stuff
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 05:51 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yeah I know the rules, Im not allowed to post here because Im not one of you, but too bad  Tongue  Im posting with the best interests of the board overall in mind. Think of me as the ambassador of the seedy side of town. The place where your mother warned you to never go and if you do, never walk alone. 

Let me be the first to invite you over to the Smack Talk forum where the real fun is. Once you've had your fill of real talk here, venture on over. But be aware not to take things too seriously, it is smack after all. Don't let the harsh words or trollish nature fool you, we are all one big happy wedgie giving, noogie rubbing family. Except Brad. No one really likes Brad  Wink

So come on over and talk some sh*t and learn how to take some sh*t from other teams fans. It's all in good fun. 

Thank you for the invite. I will check it out.

(11-14-2018, 08:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If you guys keep telling him again and again to avoid the gameday thread, where the hell do you think he's going to want to go?

It's not that bad, Lucidis.  Take it, like all the other forums here with a grain of salt, and not too seriously.  You'll learn soon enough who to listen to and who to ignore.

After seeing so much discussion about game day threads, I'm definitely curious to give them a look.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 09:36 PM)Lucidus Wrote: After seeing so much discussion about game day threads, I'm definitely curious to give them a look.

Careful, we drink in there. Usually by the end of a game, everyone is slurring.

Reply/Quote
All is forgiven for what is said in the Gameday thread as far as I'm concerned.

Welcome aboard.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: (gives hug)

lol don't worry, we love your posts Wink.

You went to jail because of your dog? That's ridiculous, how is law enforcement even allowed to do that?!
Well, my dog ran away so I bailed him out of the pound, bought him a spanking new license and the works. What I didn't know was that the city of Dayton issues a fine whenever your dog gets picked up by the pound and the pound is not required to inform you of such a fine so nobody really knows they are assessed said fine. A warrant is issued ...So...roughly 6 months or so later on a really slow crime night cops knock on dog owners door to arrest them for the fine money. I elected to just sit it out and  not pay a damned penny. I was released with time served at around 3am after all the buses stopped running and had to walk home . And the city of Dayton wonders why they're losing residents. 
My advice to anyone living in Dayton : Stop electing funeral directors to office. The only message that sends is the city is dead.

By the way , the cop that arrested me liked my dog and thought it was the dumbest arrest he had ever had to make for anything..ever . He's probably still telling his cop friends about the time he arrested a guy for his dog running away. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 02:29 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Well... dammit, why can't they be up 21 and just... STAY UP 21 by not giving up points?
Heheheh, it's just too easy to get "nervous" when the other team starts any semblance of a comeback... see Tampa Bay game.

and Baltimore game. 
Reply/Quote
I don't trust this guy.  If he came from The Facebook how do we know he is not a Russian spy?
Reply/Quote
It's a solid forum as long as you don't bring up the name Andy Dalton.

Welcome aboard.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 02:20 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Gameday thread is awesome, it is LIVE and it's like being with your friends in the living room watching the game. It's emotional, raw and fun!!!

This is how I view the Gameday thread. People of course have different personalities. Some are more calm and collected, and some are more fiery and emotional. We all have these friends as fans. Yelling, cursing, being a negative nancy...but with the best of intentions. I don't think it makes it bad, but just different. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: Well, my dog ran away so I bailed him out of the pound, bought him a spanking new license and the works. What I didn't know was that the city of Dayton issues a fine whenever your dog gets picked up by the pound and the pound is not required to inform you of such a fine so nobody really knows they are assessed said fine. A warrant is issued ...So...roughly 6 months or so later on a really slow crime night cops knock on dog owners door to arrest them for the fine money. I elected to just sit it out and  not pay a damned penny. I was released with time served at around 3am after all the buses stopped running and had to walk home . And the city of Dayton wonders why they're losing residents. 
My advice to anyone living in Dayton : Stop electing funeral directors to office. The only message that sends is the city is dead.

By the way , the cop that arrested me liked my dog and thought it was the dumbest arrest he had ever had to make for anything..ever . He's probably still telling his cop friends about the time he arrested a guy for his dog running away. 

That's an interesting story!

Also a sobering tale about how ****** up law enforcement can be.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Did you know that you can spell the word poop forwards and backwards...and it STILL spells poop?!? Watch

The Bengals defense have been playing like poop, but with Marvin taking over the defense I hope they dont play like poop anymore!*

*Did you notice the second time I spelled it backwards?
Reply/Quote