Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finley after the bye week?
(10-25-2019, 05:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are you under the impression that there are still people who think Dalton should still be starting? I just wonder who you are trying to convince.

(10-25-2019, 05:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There are some.

Mostly talking out loud.  Nervous

(10-25-2019, 06:01 PM)BengalRugby Wrote: No Finley.

No thank you.

The Bengals have too many issues on offense for a young qb to come in and not get shell shocked. Ride out the season with Andy and work Findley in slowly when the game is out of reach so he gets some live looks.

Draft o-line, and then see what happens when Dalton has time to throw.

If Findley shines or Dalton struggles, then by all means, make a change. I am not in favor of ruining a young qb on a season that is already over. Fix the o-line, then grade the qb.

If we are replacing players for poor o-line play, every RB needs released immediately...

My bad, rfaulk. There are indeed those you still need to convince.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
While it would be good to get finley some live reps... Talyors first goal has got to be win 1 game.... or he will be immortalized with the only other 2 teams to go 0-16 …. and that's a bad way to get your name remembered.

If we believe Finley will be the starter next year then no reason to break him this year lol
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 05:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ass stands in for mouth. Strengthen your game, young padawan. 

Okay then.  All I need you to do is confirm that you believe that Dalton had a better season in '18 than in '15.  I want that on the record.

[Image: Star-Wars-cosplay-fail.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: While it would be good to get finley some live reps... Talyors first goal has got to be win 1 game.... or he will be immortalized with the only other 2 teams to go 0-16 …. and that's a bad way to get your name remembered.

If we believe Finley will be the starter next year then no reason to break him this year lol

If they believe Finley's the starter next year, it's time for a new coach already.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Any article that says Dalton was better in '18 than '15 probably doesn't have much truth in it.

I know.  I have pointed this out to you repeatedly.  It is totally subjective and the formula is flawed.  The way PFF rates players one guy could end up ranked behind another who played fewer snaps and messed up more often. 

It's not necessarily flawed as much as it's linear. They grade as the season goes on, so since Dalton had 4 100+ games and a 90+ in the first 8 games, his grade was high enough that it didn't suffer when he had 3 consecutive blah grades right before the injury.

And as i said before, the grades aren't based on raw stats, they're based on effectiveness of plays. While you may feel it's flawed, it's flawed for everyone. I paid for the elite package this year and i was able to compare players at different positions, to see if they were consistent based on stats and they were close enough that you can say there is no bias in their grading. Also, every game is graded, then it's backed up by a second look at the game by another person, then a 3rd "senior" staff member looks at it to see if there's a discrepancy between the first 2 that graded.

You could easily claim that raw stats are more flawed because they give no situational context, i.e., how many bad teams did they play, how much of the stats are "garbage time", was it a 5 yard throw that the receiver took for a 80 yard touchdown, etc. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 05:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's a weird way to say that there was nothing wrong with my post. Mellow

Well, excuses aren't necessarily wrong. But they are weak.  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, excuses aren't necessarily wrong. But they are weak.  Ninja

Your mom's weak. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 05:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because you were making it sound as if every pass he threw was too far above, ahead, behind of his receivers. 

You are a very influential poster on here. People look up to you. They take your word as gospel and they need to know that not ALL of Dalton's passes were bad.  Mellow

First of all, i never said "all" and never implied it. I simply made the correlation between who caused the problem in completions.

Second of all, no one listens to a damn thing i say on here.  Sad

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: First of all, i never said "all" and never implied it. I simply made the correlation between who caused the problem in completions.

Second of all, no one listens to a damn thing i say on here.  Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caMIkwTPBwA

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.  All I need you to do is confirm that you believe that Dalton had a better season in '18 than in '15.  I want that on the record.

[Image: Star-Wars-cosplay-fail.jpg]

I never made that claim, so i don't need to confirm/prove it. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Your mom's weak. Ninja

She is, but she's in her 70's. 

Though, she was never really strong at any age.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caMIkwTPBwA

Ninja

[Image: 1051260492.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 1051260492.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I never made that claim, so i don't need to confirm/prove it. 

But you have to at least agree with it if you are going to try and argue that PFF has any credibility.

[Image: 71612713-YodaUnlearn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you have to at least agree with it if you are going to try and argue that PFF has any credibility.

[Image: 71612713-YodaUnlearn.jpg]

lol. No i don't. Thats some wacky reasoning. 

I can like the site for many different reasons and i can believe they're fair--even if their grades are subjective and i question them from time to time--that in NO way means i have to agree if they say his 2018 season was "better" than 2015. 

[Image: 3eds44.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 05:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are you under the impression that there are still people who think Dalton should still be starting? I just wonder who you are trying to convince.

Not so much that people still want him starting, but many act like whoever is next has absolutely no chance. It’s just not true. A lot of Dalton’s poor play has been on him.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caMIkwTPBwA

Ninja

Ah the part of the movie everyone fast forwarded through.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 08:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. No i don't. Thats some wacky reasoning. 

I can like the site for many different reasons and i can believe they're fair--even if their grades are subjective and i question them from time to time--that in NO way means i have to agree if they say his 2018 season was "better" than 2015. 

[Image: 3eds44.jpg]

Then we both agree that their results are not valid.

You can't use a source to support your position and then admit that source is not valid.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you have to at least agree with it if you are going to try and argue that PFF has any credibility.

“PFF!” is the sound a fart makes.
Reply/Quote
The reality is every player should understand if we go to 0-8, they have not earned playing time. A lot of starters have underperformed.

So why not give Findley and others their chance to prove they can play in the NFL by giving him and others more snaps and some vets less snaps.

The idea the team would say ZT has given up has no merit when the guys paid to do well have not. done well.

Let Findley and Jake QB the team after the bye, alternate them each week and treat the rest of the year like preseason. Why not?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote