Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finley after the bye week?
Please god we gotta give this man a chance to see what we have. This is unbelieveable..Dalton is AWFUL!..We need to give Finley a chance to decide what we do in the draft.
Reply/Quote
I'd say Eli Manning is better than Dalton....look what happened to Eli..
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:05 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Please god we gotta give this man a chance to see what we have. This is unbelieveable..Dalton is AWFUL!..We need to give Finley a chance to decide what we do in the draft.

It’s not going to happen. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but #14 will start all season. Don’t forget who runs this team — and it’s not Zac Taylor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Finley now. What's the purpose, are we saving him? He's our backup QB. We're 0-7. Saving him for what?

Afraid that he's better than Dalton is the issue. Invest too much into 1st QB, problem be.

Really, let us fans watch something different than the trash that's put out there every week for 3 hours, with 2 seconds of AJ Green rolling his eyes, on repeat.

The Bengals still have a chance to finish 8-8, led by Andrew Gregory Dalton!!!!!

***** clown shoes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 07:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is anyone concerned that Finley throwing the ball 50+ times per game behind this lines to this WR corps will just "prove" to Mike Brown that Dalton is by far the best QB for the Bengals?

Andy Dalton's play and his complete inability to make clutch throws in the most crucial games makes that point moot. 

Being the best shitty actor in a shit show, is still a shitty actor. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:07 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'd say Eli Manning is better than Dalton....look what happened to Eli..

Any player that has 2 super bowl rings and made throws in both of those games to earn it, is unquestionably better than Dalton. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Andy Dalton's play and his complete inability to make clutch throws in the most crucial games makes that point moot. 

Being the best shitty actor in a shit show, is still a shitty actor. 

Look, I'm just playing devil's advocate here because I'm pretty sure Mike Brown's MO is to keep any high profile player who is willing to put up with his crap here as long as possible.  Boomer and Carson both went nuclear on his lazy ass, so if Dalton is willing to just run out his career here I don't see Mike Brown kicking his ass out.

The way I see it is that Dalton getting benched is unlikely and Finley coming in and being better than Dalton in this terrible situation is even lower.  The odds of Dalton being benched and Finley being better are so low that I can say I hope for it to happen, but I realize that Finley is likely the answer as long as he stays on the bench.

Remember last year, we were sort of excited by default to see what Diskel could do...that lasted about 3 seconds as soon as we got our wish.  Late round pick QB in a hopeless situation...meh, you've seen the Browns doing that for years, right?

EDIT - I've also said that I have a hard time believing Mike Brown outright fired Marvin and that Marvin was just like "Ehh...I'm good with leaving" and that was that. Mike Brown will do anything to avoid doing stuff. See this trade deadline for further evidence.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Andy Dalton's play and his complete inability to make clutch throws in the most crucial games makes that point moot. 

Dalton has made clutch throws in crucial games.

Not in playoff games, but 4 games is a pretty small sample to judge an entire career.  There have been some very good QBs who did not look good in their first 4 playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton has made clutch throws in crucial games.

Not in playoff games, but 4 games is a pretty small sample to judge an entire career.  There have been some very good QBs who did not look good in their first 4 playoff games.

Correct! He made clutch throws to get the Bengals to the cusp of winning in a couple of the most crucial games.

But he never made one single clutch throw in the most crucial games to win the game. 

Thanks for correcting that, it makes sooooooo much difference.  Mellow

The prosecution rests, your Honor!

P.S. Dalton sucks ass as an NFL QB and WILL NEVER ACCOMPLISH ANTHING MORE THAN HE'S ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED WITH THE CINCINNATI BENGALS OR ANY OTHER NFL TEAM. Roll that up and smoke it. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Look, I'm just playing devil's advocate here because I'm pretty sure Mike Brown's MO is to keep any high profile player who is willing to put up with his crap here as long as possible.  Boomer and Carson both went nuclear on his lazy ass, so if Dalton is willing to just run out his career here I don't see Mike Brown kicking his ass out.

The way I see it is that Dalton getting benched is unlikely and Finley coming in and being better than Dalton in this terrible situation is even lower.  The odds of Dalton being benched and Finley being better are so low that I can say I hope for it to happen, but I realize that Finley is likely the answer as long as he stays on the bench.

Remember last year, we were sort of excited by default to see what Diskel could do...that lasted about 3 seconds as soon as we got our wish.  Late round pick QB in a hopeless situation...meh, you've seen the Browns doing that for years, right?

EDIT - I've also said that I have a hard time believing Mike Brown outright fired Marvin and that Marvin was just like "Ehh...I'm good with leaving" and that was that.  Mike Brown will do anything to avoid doing stuff.  See this trade deadline for further evidence.

re: Marvin was it 2 or 3 years ago when Marvin's contract was up after the season and news leaked that Marvin didn't want to come back...and Bengals Management kind of freaked out.

The fan narrative was that Marvin would be fired. Nope. Bengals management wanted him back.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Look, I'm just playing devil's advocate here because I'm pretty sure Mike Brown's MO is to keep any high profile player who is willing to put up with his crap here as long as possible.  Boomer and Carson both went nuclear on his lazy ass, so if Dalton is willing to just run out his career here I don't see Mike Brown kicking his ass out.

EDIT - I've also said that I have a hard time believing Mike Brown outright fired Marvin and that Marvin was just like "Ehh...I'm good with leaving" and that was that.  Mike Brown will do anything to avoid doing stuff.  See this trade deadline for further evidence.

Well...Finley isn't Driskel. Finley started for a team in a power 5 conference, against much tougher opponents, for longer, and when comparing apples to apples, put up better numbers. 

I'm not going to never put a backup QB in because Jeff Driskel failed. That's Mike Brown territory thinking. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well...Finley isn't Driskel. Finley started for a team in a power 5 conference, against much tougher opponents, for longer, and when comparing apples to apples, put up better numbers. 

I'm not going to never put a backup QB in because Jeff Driskel failed. That's Mike Brown territory thinking. 

Finley isn't Driskel, Finley is Dalton lite...we can play him, I just have tempered my expectations. The fact that Finley is only 185lbs has me a bit concerned, but hey it's not me out there (I'm only 175).

EDIT - I bring up Driskel because like many backup QBs he was an exciting prospect until he actually played.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Correct! He made clutch throws to get the Bengals to the cusp of winning in a couple of the most crucial games.

But he never made one single clutch throw in the most crucial games to win the game. 

Thanks for correcting that, it makes sooooooo much difference.  Mellow

The prosecution rests, your Honor!

P.S. Dalton sucks ass as an NFL QB and WILL NEVER ACCOMPLISH ANTHING MORE THAN HE'S ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED WITH THE CINCINNATI BENGALS OR ANY OTHER NFL TEAM. Roll that up and smoke it. 

Our experienced vet in his 9th season has a QB rating of 79.2
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But he never made one single clutch throw in the most crucial games to win the game. 

Week 15 must win game against the Steelers in 2012 he hit a 21 yard pass with only 8 seconds left to set up the game winning 43 yard FG.

2014 when playing the Ravens for the division lead he hit Sanu with a 53 yard pass to set up his own 1 yard game winning td run with just 53 seconds left.

2015 against the Ravens he hit Green with a come-from-behind game winning td with just 2:10 left.

2015 against the Seahawks Dakton completed MULTIPLE clutch passes (10-12 for 105 yds) in the fourth quarter posting 17 unanswered points including the game tying FG with just 3 seconds left.  He then completed 3 of 4 in overtime to set up the game winning fg.

2015 against the Steelers Dalton hits Green with another come-from-behind game winning TD with just 2:57 left.

2016 Dalton hits Green with 11 yard pass to set up game winning 47 yd FG with just 58 seconds left.

Last year against Atlanta he hit Green with the game winning td with just 7 seconds left.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Week 15 must win game against the Steelers in 2012 he hit a 21 yard pass with only 8 seconds left to set up the game winning 43 yard FG.

2014 when playing the Ravens for the division lead he hit Sanu with a 53 yard pass to set up his own 1 yard game winning td run with just 53 seconds left.

2015 against the Ravens he hit Green with a come-from-behind game winning td with just 2:10 left.

2015 against the Seahawks Dakton completed MULTIPLE clutch passes (10-12 for 105 yds) in the fourth quarter posting 17 unanswered points including the game tying FG with just 3 seconds left.  He then completed 3 of 4 in overtime to set up the game winning fg.

2015 against the Steelers Dalton hits Green with another come-from-behind game winning TD with just 2:57 left.

2016 Dalton hits Green with 11 yard pass to set up game winning 47 yd FG with just 58 seconds left.

Last year against Atlanta he hit Green with the game winning td with just 7 seconds left.

Pathetic. 

He's made 1 single clutch throw in a crucial situation that led to a win, in his 2nd year, 7 years ago. 

None of those other plays qualifies. So go ahead and break out the bubbly and celebrate. I was completely and utterly wrong about Dalton's clutchness.  Mellow

Even though i said a throw to win a game(which doesn't surprise me since your comprehension and reading skills are shit), i'll give you the 2012 because you're in dire need of a "win" and i already have a trophy case full of championships. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Finley isn't Driskel, Finley is Dalton lite...we can play him, I just have tempered my expectations.  The fact that Finley is only 185lbs has me a bit concerned, but hey it's not me out there (I'm only 175).

EDIT - I bring up Driskel because like many backup QBs he was an exciting prospect until he actually played.

And...well he'll be 25 in December. He kind of has career backup written all over him.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:07 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'd say Eli Manning is better than Dalton....look what happened to Eli..

so your logic is a 1st round pick takes over for an aging QB so our 4th round QB should take over AD.

I am not say don't get Finley a chance, but expect to lose if you do the rest of 2019. Finley is not Daniel Jones.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: so your logic is a 1st round pick takes over for an aging QB so our 4th round QB should take over AD.

I am not say don't get Finley a chance, but expect to lose if you do the rest of 2019. Finley is not Daniel Jones.

That's what I mean, Finley getting the start could be like Rosen getting starts in Miami and then getting the plug pulled on him because "He doesn't have it" expect I feel like MB would run back to Dalton before he'd roll the dice on a high pick QB.
Reply/Quote
Finley is calm and knows how to move in the pocket.. Dalton is not calm at all and doesnt know how to move at all. Dalton is more focused on where the play is supposed to go and grips and rips no matter what. Guys like Ben Roethlisberger (hate em) makes things happen and trusts himself. Dalton has zero touch, throws bullets. Doesnt understand the concept of touch or ball placement. Finley showed that in preseason. That is why Finley is better. Finley and AJ would light it up.
Reply/Quote