Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Sale article
I hate this team
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Blow it up, dont blow it up, it doesnt matter with a bottom tier NFL front office.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, when you trade your good players for picks...you make your team worse from being good...with the idea that you can make the team better with picks.

Bengals management will likely miss on a decent amount of picks...so how bad things look now...will be worse without guys like Geno around.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 05:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Absolutely it is ! The Green Dalton era is over.

I want Andy Dalton and AJ Green to win a Super Bowl. If they can’t do it here I can see AJ winning one in New England and Andy winning one in Houston.
Reply/Quote
This is the same management that paid Bernard like a Top 15 back. And gave Hart a 3 year $21 million contract.

Now, I see people listing Hart as a reason that ZT can't be judged this year.
Reply/Quote
You know what hurts most when we get jinxed into another victory. I do not know about blowing the team up but I am in on the origins of the start of a Bengals rebuild
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 05:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want Andy Dalton and AJ Green to win a Super Bowl.  If they can’t do it here I can see AJ winning one in New England and Andy winning one in Houston.

No way would Houston replace Watson with Dalton.

I honestly don't know where Andy could go to start. Maybe NE to take over for Brady when he retires.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 05:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want Andy Dalton and AJ Green to win a Super Bowl.  If they can’t do it here I can see AJ winning one in New England and Andy winning one in Houston.

Why would Houston downgrade their QB?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
You know what hurts most when we get jinxed into another victory. I do not know about blowing the team up but I am in on the origins of the start of a Bengals rebuild, let’s change the culture and do it right this time.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 05:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yessir. Agree with it all.

And I wonder IF the current staff can develop players. Guys like Jackson and Bates have regressed on defense.

That development comes primarily from the position coaches and assistants.  Not looking for excuses here, but part of the problem with Zac naming his staff is that he was hired so late, that the coordinator and positional coach market was already picked clean by the time he was named.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No way would Houston replace Watson with Dalton.

I honestly don't know where Andy could go to start. Maybe NE to take over for Brady when he retires.

That’s a beautiful idea. Behind New England’s offensive line any quarterback would succeed.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 05:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Absolutely you trade guys IF you can gets picks or young players for them.

You trade too many good players and the chances to go 0-16 are real.

Chances are they go 0-16 anyway. The only teams left on the schedule they have any realistic hope of beating (outside of some fluke miracle) are the Jets and Dolphins. And even those 2 are tossups. 
Reply/Quote
Not sure I trust Tobin enough to trade away your good players for draft picks. What’s the point, so we can hope to get players half as good as them. I get the idea and with many teams I’m sure it works, it just never seems to work with this team.
Reply/Quote
Yes. Get what you can, wish them the best and pray it work out for us (and I guess them, as long as they don’t go to Pittsburgh)
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That development comes primarily from the position coaches and assistants.  Not looking for excuses here, but part of the problem with Zac naming his staff is that he was hired so late, that the coordinator and positional coach market was already picked clean by the time he was named.

That's why most teams the management talks to the new HC and hires the assistants BEFORE. The Bengals feared tampering and waited and abided by the letter of the law.
Reply/Quote
The 90s are back...
Reply/Quote
I’d think about Andy to Indy. They have a playoff caliber team, but Jacoby is a backup.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yes. Get what you can, wish them the best and pray it work out for us (and I guess them, as long as they don’t go to Pittsburgh)

Does it matter? The Steelers own us. They beat us without Roethlisberger...while they had a terrible rush offense, defense, and pass defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 05:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Absolutely you trade guys IF you can gets picks or young players for them.

You trade too many good players and the chances to go 0-16 are real.

We’re going to have to be okay with that.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
What makes anyone think that this douchebag of an owner is going to do anything with this team that makes sense?
Reply/Quote