Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Sale article
(10-06-2019, 06:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d think about Andy to Indy. They have a playoff caliber team, but Jacoby is a backup.

That’s sensible; Andy Dalton is light years better than Jacoby Brissett. It all depends on who or what the Colts would be willing to give up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I truly believe the 2019 Bengals are either tanking for Tua or trolling for Trevor. Even if the Bengals manage to draft one of them they’ll end up broken like crash test dummies.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s sensible; Andy Dalton is light years better than Jacoby Brissett.  It all depends on who or what the Colts would be willing to give up.

Mike Brown wouldn't let McCarron go for a 2nd, so I can't imagine him even bothering with anything resembling a reasonable offer for Dalton.  He has zero incentive to actually make any moves.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does it matter? The Steelers own us. They beat us without Roethlisberger...while they had a terrible rush offense, defense, and pass defense.

The Steelers are actually very beatable this year, even before Ben got hurt. We just happen to be much, much worse
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:12 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: The 90s are back...

If you play Vanilla Ice “ Ice Ice Baby” backwards during the game you can still hear Mike Brown say, No thanks Ditka Akili’s our guy!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:24 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The Steelers are actually very beatable this year, even before Ben got hurt. We just happen to be much, much worse

That's why us waiting for Ben to retire was some of the most glorious loser talk ever.  We face the Steelers sans Pig Ben for the first time in 15 or so years aaaaannnnnd......we lose by more than usual.  Classic.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bengals have built-in excuses abound:  No Cordy Glenn and no Jonah Williams torpedoed the offense and the defense is asked to do too much.  They think they are only a few players away and will be a solid competitor, which is completely false.  

My only hope is that the completely empty stands sends a message for change, as it did in the pre-Lewis era.

Only I seriously doubt they ever get fans back at this point (to purchase season tickets).  The in-home experience is just better and no cost, no traffic, no assholes, and better food.  

Go ahead and call me old, but it simply isn't worth it to me.

Yeah, Mike Brown loves excuses. He's been making them up for 28 years.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 05:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want Andy Dalton and AJ Green to win a Super Bowl. If they can’t do it here I can see AJ winning one in New England and Andy winning one in Houston.

Lol. Andy maybe holding a clipboard backing up Watson maybe v
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I truly believe the 2019 Bengals are either tanking for Tua or trolling for Trevor.  Even if the Bengals manage to draft one of them they’ll end up broken like crash test dummies.

Trevor is not eligible for the 2020 NFL Draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:51 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Trevor is not eligible for the 2020 NFL Draft.

That would be so Bengals to intentionally tank for him...and be a year off.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:51 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Trevor is not eligible for the 2020 NFL Draft.

I think everyone in the world knows this    why are we reminded every week...
Reply/Quote
I would rather play one of our backups than draft a QB next year. This team is more than a couple drafts away from being competitive. See what we have in the backups while improving the Oline.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:44 AM)pally Wrote:  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/teams-willing-to-trade-first-round-pick-for-a-j-green-when-healthy-but-skeptical-whether-bengals-will-make-a-deal/

There is increasing internal discussion in front offices around the NFL about the state of the Cincinnati Bengals and the potential for possible trades ahead of this month's deadline. Conversations with eight general managers this week revealed a landscape where competitive teams are eager to get a crack at a bevy of Bengals veterans, but with skepticism about whether the team will actually made trades.

Owner Mike Brown is decidedly old-school, and this franchise has by and large not been involved with the more recent trend of significant trades going on around the league in recent years (Khalil Mack, Amari Cooper, Odell Beckham, Jr., to name a few). However, some GMs I spoke to believe it's possible the Bengals move a few players and they will be fielding calls for a core of key players in the coming weeks, sources said, with receiver A.J. Green the primary target.

The Bengals, 0-4 and getting overwhelmed most weeks, have a rookie head coach who is going to need time to turn the franchise around and, as a franchise that has not often been among the highest-spending in the NFL, some GMs believe it is at least possible they are open to moving salaries of players who will not be on the Bengals' roster by the time the franchise (6-14 in its last 20 games) does turn around. They have the most overt trade options ahead of the Week 9 deadline -- though again, doubts remains as to whether they will embrace it.

"If they wanted to, and they did this right, they could be right there with the Dolphins and Raiders when it comes to 1, 2, and 3s in the next few drafts," one GM said of a potential Bengals rebuild.

"We've gone over the roster and the contracts," another GM said. "It is begging for trades, but I'm not sure they'll seriously consider it. That's not how Mike Brown operates."  

Rival general managers I spoke to agreed that the Bengals could get a first-round pick for Green, 31, if the acquiring team was able to negotiate a new deal for him and if Green returns from his foot injury soon. It is highly unlikely that Green signs an extension with the Bengals, I'm told. League sources said the Saints and Patriots are among the teams most deeply looking for pass catching help, and both would have interest in oft-injured tight end Tyler Eifert as well, who is making just $1 million this season.

Elite defensive tackle Geno Atkins, 31, is coveted and has a very team-friendly deal, signed through 2022 with the guaranteed money already paid out. Carlos Dunlap, 30, is signed through 2020, makes just $3.1 million this season and has caught the attention of a slew of general managers desperate to upgrade their pass rush. If tackle Cordy Glenn is healthy they Bengals might be able to move that $7.2 million contract to a contender in need, with offensive line such an issue around the league. Teams are wondering if the Bengals will sign corner William Jackson to a big extension in 2020 after already paying big for Dre Kirkpatrick, and intend to inquire about them as well, sources said.

And Andy Dalton, who is signed through 2020 ($17.5 million next season) has long been viewed as a potential trade chip by other front offices, though any movement there is more likely after the season, given the complexities of the quarterback position and the nuance of systems and schemes.

By trading Green, Atkins and Dunlap, the small-market team with sagging attendance could save roughly $13 million alone in the second half of the season. History would indicate this would be an unusual step for the Bengals, but they will also have more inquiries and opportunities than ever before the reshape the team for the future on the fly.

After facing the winless Cardinals on Sunday, the Bengals get the Ravens, Jaguars and Rams before the trade deadline, with the likelihood of any sort of reversal of fortune remote at best.

I hadn't even looked at the schedule. Ravens, Jags and Rams? That's 0-8.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I could care less if our current decent players go to teams going to the super bowl. I'm not interested in other teams fate, only that of this team. Now, in no way am I opposed to trading anyones contract for the right price. We have several good players who are tradable with several who could be packaged with others as well. 
The problem is Mike Brown is fundamentally against trading human beings from everything I've read so we get stuck year after year with a lot of so-so players and a handful of very solid players and a bunch of useless players..  add to that an incompetent coaching staff and other team staff and ownership and we have the Bungles..
With the right leadership, a GM or someone capable to replace Tobin and the go ahead from ownership they MIGHT pull it off, but does anyone realistically trust the "family"  to give the levers of power to anyone else who hasn't been in bed with them for the past 20-30 years? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This is exactly what most fans want, so it's exactly what Mike Brown won't do. I'm now convinced that he's going to do whatever he can to **** fans over and make them miserable because of all the negative/true/come to pass things that have happened over the years. The constant yelling about how much he sucks and what a terrible owner/GM he is (and he definitely is). 

There's nothing he can do about his legacy at this point. He will go down FOREVER as one of the most inept, terrilbe, cheap owner/GMs in the history of not just football, but sports. The litany of terrible picks, terrible decisions and terrible way he's run an NFL franchise screams loudly for itself. 

The only thing he can do now, for as long as he has left, is make all those fans that have been yellling what a total piece of shit he is, miserable.

The only thing that starts to put a smile on my face is, he doesn't have that much time left. Problem is, his family will continue to run this piece of shit team and they will probably run it the same spiteful way to get back at all the fans that yelled what a terrible, piece of shit owner/GM he was in the way too long of a time he was here running this team into the ground. 

Sayonara and **** off Mike Brown. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown wouldn't let McCarron go for a 2nd, so I can't imagine him even bothering with anything resembling a reasonable offer for Dalton.  He has zero incentive to actually make any moves.

This is bullshit they had a deal with Cleveland for a 2nd & 3rd but the Browns ****** it up(Lucky for them) and didn't phone it in to the NFL office in time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:18 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: This is bullshit they had a deal with Cleveland for a 2nd & 3rd but the Browns ****** it up(Lucky for them) and didn't phone it in to the NFL office in time.

How is it bullshit?  The Browns offered a 2nd, Mike said "Gimmie more" and the Browns either wised up or just blew it because they spent so much time haggling with Mike Brown over a no-brainer deal.  Mike Brown had the chance to take a more than fair payoff for McCarron but he decided to get greedy and he played his part in going down the road of risking the deal falling through for whatever reason.

I know we give a lot of grief to the Browns for being a bumbling team, but laughing at them because they did NOT give up a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron is just unfair.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is exactly what most fans want, so it's exactly what Mike Brown won't do. I'm now convinced that he's going to do whatever he can to **** fans over and make them miserable because of all the negative/true/come to pass things that have happened over the years. The constant yelling about how much he sucks and what a terrible owner/GM he is (and he definitely is). 

There's nothing he can do about his legacy at this point. He will go down FOREVER as one of the most inept, terrilbe, cheap owner/GMs in the history of not just football, but sports. The litany of terrible picks, terrible decisions and terrible way he's run an NFL franchise screams loudly for itself. 

The only thing he can do now, for as long as he has left, is make all those fans that have been yellling what a total piece of shit he is, miserable.

The only thing that starts to put a smile on my face is, he doesn't have that much time left. Problem is, his family will continue to run this piece of shit team and they will probably run it the same spiteful way to get back at all the fans that yelled what a terrible, piece of shit owner/GM he was in the way too long of a time he was here running this team into the ground. 

Sayonara and **** off Mike Brown. 
Well, if your post were representative of every fan I'd be the same way, but I don't think they do it from spite. I'd say it's more of arrogance and ineptitude more than spite.  Spite would be just moving the team elsewhere to piss off everyone. Still, as frustrating as it is I don't believe they built a terrible team just to be spiteful. Another issue is they still make money regardless of how terrible the actual team is. Now if there were a way to financially penalize them for such a lousy team money would talk, but even the lowly Browns still raked in billions even when they were worse than the Bengals.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That would be so Bengals to intentionally tank for him...and be a year off.

Plus, I'm not even positive that Trevor Lawrence is all that everyone thought he was, after his storybook season.  What I'm starting to think is that he just got lucky enough to hold the steering wheel on a team that was a juggernaut last year.  This year, now that teams are familiar with him, he's not looking so much like the Golden Child.

In fact, I'm not even completely sold on Tua Tagolivoa.  I think that he also benefits from playing on a team that is just so overwhelmingly talented, that he can't help but look great.  In fact, I'd likely lean more toward Herbert, Burrow, or Ehlinger.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How is it bullshit?  The Browns offered a 2nd, Mike said "Gimmie more" and the Browns either wised up or just blew it because they spent so much time haggling with Mike Brown over a no-brainer deal.  Mike Brown had the chance to take a more than fair payoff for McCarron but he decided to get greedy and he played his part in going down the road of risking the deal falling through for whatever reason.

I know we give a lot of grief to the Browns for being a bumbling team, but laughing at them because they did NOT give up a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron is just unfair.  
The Deal was made the front office of the Browns were celebrating to much that they forgot to send it in on time to the NFL office.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote