Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Sale article
(10-06-2019, 10:40 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: He owes this organization nothing. He has been the best player on this team for years, and he is not going to be part of another 3-4 year rebuild. He wants to Win now, get a ring, retire happy.....I don’t blame him one bit.

First off: He owes this organization every time he's went to an ATM and put his PIN in this year.

Secondly: Everybody wants to win now and get a ring. I just think you might be selling AJ short. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: He owes this organization every time he's went to an ATM and put his PIN in this year.

Secondly: Everybody wants to win now and get a ring. I just think you might be selling AJ short. 

Let me introduce you to Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:54 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Let me introduce you to Carson Palmer.

That’s a good point. Carson never lost at any level until he came to Cincinnati. Neither did Andy Dalton or AJ Green. They were used to winning wherever they went.

I just want to hear a simple short statement from Mike Brown where he realizes and publicity admits his team is an oozing toxic dumpster fire. Just hearing him say this would ease my pain a little.
Reply/Quote
I've heard repeatedly that AJ Green wants to play his entire career for the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Trade our 1st round pick next year. Get a 2 and third round next year. Our 1st rounders have been bad lately. Most have missed at least the 1st year. Never get one to contribute in 1st, 2nd, sometimes in 3rd year so give it up.
Reply/Quote
Any functioning team would move assets while you can still get something. If Green is getting first round interest I move him immediately. It's a business. Atkins and Dunlap too. In a fair world that's a first, second and third round return. It's a deep receiver class, and the Bengals should be picking top 3. That means our second round pick is basically a late first rounder.

One draft and you could go high pick QB, WR, OT, DE in the first 2 rounds and have Jonah back as well next year. It would be a quick reboot. It's a hold move from a franchise that lacks any boldness
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 11:00 PM)jason Wrote: I've heard repeatedly that AJ Green wants to play his entire career for the Bengals.

He does — but I don’t think that’s a good idea because this team is in a worse rebuilding status than I originally thought. I love the fact that AJ, Miranda, and the kids have made Cincinnati better just by being here but this man deserves his shot at a ring and a shot at Canton. It’s not happening in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 11:00 PM)jason Wrote: I've heard repeatedly that AJ Green wants to play his entire career for the Bengals.

Get him into the concussion tent.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The funny thing is now that we need to upgrade 6-7 positions on the roster...that's when the Bengals will sign 1 splash free agent.

Deal Dalton and Green on offense. And Eifert and Glenn if anyone will take them. Deal Geno and Dre (if anyone will take him too) on defense. 

Start Finley and Pratt now. Give the young WRs more snaps. Get Dennard and Phillips healthy and in the game.

Drop Hart and Andre at the end of the year. Throw major bucks at Jack Conklin and Corey Littleton in FA. Re-sign Dennard. They should be able to get him cheap enough with his injury history. Keep Carlos. Look for OG and another cover LB in the draft. Since they're going to be drafting so high, if Finley craps out after a few games throw Andre Galaragodolegala out there and if neither of them do anything, take one of the QBs that are coming out next year. Trade up if you need to get a good one. 

That's a start. I'm not going to look at the entire roster and all the 2020 free agents. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would trade as many vets I could before trade deadline.  At least Taylor will have a bona fide excuse for losing and can save face.  
Gather as many draft picks for 2020 and 2021.  
Fire Tobin and expand draft personnel.  
Get their QB of future next draft...

If they decided to start trading away a bunch of older dudes, i'd be on board and i could understand the call for patience. That's IF they deal the right guys and pick up a couple impact free agents and have a good draft. 

That's the only way i'd be willing to find any patience with this team. 

I'm sick and ***** tired of seeing #14 trotted out there every damn game, every damn quarter, every damn drive and i'm sick of seeing guys like PB, NV and dre running all over the field chasing guys. Tired of seeing a bunch of asshats oleing DLs too. 

Dump all these bitches and put in someone else. I don't give a damn at this point. The current asshats aren't getting the job done. Let some new asshats not get the job done. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Marvin has lost the team.

They've quit on him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 05:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I also hope that they go with the "fire sale" tactic.  This team is too many players away from being competitive, let alone dominate.  Our star players are getting up in years, and our secondary is is littered with 1st round CBs that haven't lived up to their draft status.

I don't know that I would "actively shop" any player, as that decreases the value.  However, if any teams came calling, I would show them a menu that included AJ Green, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Tyler Eifert, Darqueze Dennard, Dre Kirkpatrick, Giovanni Bernard, Shawn Williams,Preston Brown, and yes, Andy Dalton.

This team isn't going to get rebuilt by simply making a trade and picking up an extra 1st round pick.  It's going to entail jettisoning close to half the payroll, clearing roster spots, amassing many picks, bargaining with those picks to acquire talent and to move up or down in the draft to get the targeted players, and for once, being real participants in the free agent market.

The problem with this entire idea?  Even if the front office bought into the notion of a fire sale and roster rebuild, I'm not sure that there's anyone in the front office with the savvy and football acumen to pull off all of the negotiations that would be required.

Say we did all that.... do they let primarily ZT rebuild the team, or does Mike Brown do the rebuilding? 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 11:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Get him into the concussion tent.

Cordy Glenn is hogging it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote