Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Sale article
(10-06-2019, 07:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Well, if your post were representative of every fan I'd be the same way, but I don't think they do it from spite. I'd say it's more of arrogance and ineptitude more than spite.  Spite would be just moving the team elsewhere to piss off everyone. Still, as frustrating as it is I don't believe they built a terrible team just to be spiteful. Another issue is they still make money regardless of how terrible the actual team is. Now if there were a way to financially penalize them for such a lousy team money would talk, but even the lowly Browns still raked in billions even when they were worse than the Bengals.  

They don't build a team for spite. They build a team that sucks, because they suck at putting a good team together (not on purpose), and then when a situation comes up like this, they wouldn't even consider it because it would go agains what they believe and they don't want to look like the dunces they already are (conundrum, right?) so they keep doing things their way, blowing smoke up fans asses like vaper's at a cloud chasing competition. 

They literally don't know how to not suck so they keep doing it their way, convinced that the law of large numbers will hit in their favor at some point. 

And, as you said, keep getting richer, despite their super suckiness. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The Deal was made the front office of the Browns were celebrating to much that they forgot to send it in on time to the NFL office.

Any other GM takes the deal without taking it to the very last second.  Seeking that extra 3rd rounder cost us a 2nd round pick, but hey, that's the nature of business...you negotiatee and you win some and you lose some.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Any other GM takes the deal without taking it to the very last second.  Seeking that extra 3rd rounder cost us a 2nd round pick, but hey, that's the nature of business...you negotiatee and you win some and you lose some.

Jesus Christ how are you not getting this. 
THE DEAL WAS AGREED UPON! THE BROWNS ****** UP NOT US!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Jesus Christ how are you not getting this. 
THE DEAL WAS AGREED UPON! THE BROWNS ****** UP NOT US!

They only screw it up if we keep asking for the damn moon instead of taking one of their earlier offers.

It's like if a guy hands me $20k in cash for my 1987 Pinto and I'm like...hmm........I want $30k for it and he goes to the bank to get the extra $10k and on the way he's picked up and taken to the nut house.  What do I say?  Oh, I was going to have $30k but that moron screwed up and didn't get the money to me in time?  No, Mike Brown had a great deal for McCarron in the hand and he decided to go for the 2 in the bush and he got nothing.

HE GOT NOTHING

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!!!!
Reply/Quote
I say everyone should be up for the right price. And I don't mean a great deal just a market value deal. Then guys like Kirk and Hart should be released to show that if you are getting good money you better perform or find the door. Free up major cap space and stock pile picks then duct tape the entire damn family in the bathrooms at PBS when free agency opens and not let them out till after the draft.
Reply/Quote
Please, God, let the fire sale begin.
Reply/Quote
The funny thing is now that we need to upgrade 6-7 positions on the roster...that's when the Bengals will sign 1 splash free agent.
Reply/Quote
I would trade Atkins to a NFC team like Seattle or Minnesota and ask for a 1st RD pick
He hasn't played well since the Raiders game last year
Reply/Quote
I would trade as many vets I could before trade deadline. At least Taylor will have a bona fide excuse for losing and can save face.
Gather as many draft picks for 2020 and 2021.
Fire Tobin and expand draft personnel.
Get their QB of future next draft...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
If some of the older vets want to stick around for a rebuild, I think that you hold onto them unless offered a king's ransom. If dudes want out, you get draft capital for them and move on. I could easily see a team like the saints giving up more than a first for Green, a 2nd + 4th for Atkins, a 3rd for Dunlap, a 4th for Kirkpatrick, and maybe a 5th or so for dudes like Glenn/Williams/Eifert. Mixon is a real wild card from a valuation standpoint. Anyhow, the roster is what it is and keeping older dudes who no longer want to stick around seems pointless. The Bills model this year was to hire a TON of cheap vet free agents and have bloodbath competition at a bunch of spots. Maybe doing that and loading up on draft picks is the way to go these days. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would trade as many vets I could before trade deadline.  At least Taylor will have a bona fide excuse for losing and can save face.  
Gather as many draft picks for 2020 and 2021.  
Fire Tobin and expand draft personnel.  
Get their QB of future next draft...

In a perfect world

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
From Dre Kirkpatrick:

Do trade rumors about Green frustrate you?

“A.J. isn’t going anywhere.”
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From Dre Kirkpatrick:

He said the same about Marvin. Hehe
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:22 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He said the same about Marvin. Hehe

For all we know, Marvin didn't want to come back. Remember 2 years ago when MB and Bengals management kind of freaked out over rumors that Marvin didn't want to come back?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From Dre Kirkpatrick:

Dre is wrong. AJ is gone.... Possibly Atkins too. Was sitting right behind the bench today and noticed AJ not interacting or talking with anyone. Just wandering around the sideline by himself. No player or coach tried to approach him either. Once, Green was sitting by himself on the bench, Mixon started to walk over to him like he was going to say something and Green just got up and walked away from him. AJ is Bungalized and wants out.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:25 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Dre is wrong. AJ is gone.... Possibly Atkins too. Was sitting right behind the bench today and noticed AJ not interacting or talking with anyone. Just wandering around the sideline by himself. No player or coach tried to approach him either. Once, Green was sitting by himself on the bench, Mixon started to walk over to him like he was going to say something and Green just got up and walked away from him. AJ is Bungalized and wants out.

Compensatory pick!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For all we know, Marvin didn't want to come back. Remember 2 years ago when MB and Bengals management kind of freaked out over rumors that Marvin didn't want to come back?

We wanted to believe that Mike Brown finally stood up and said "I can't stands no more!" and fired Marvin to kick off this 180 turn that he had (possibly after being visited by 3 ghosts during the night), but more likely he was like "want to play out your contract at least?" and Marvin was like "Nah."  People forget that Marvin Lewis made statements that he was going to walk away after 2010 in addition to what was it...2017?  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:25 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Dre is wrong. AJ is gone.... Possibly Atkins too. Was sitting right behind the bench today and noticed AJ not interacting or talking with anyone. Just wandering around the sideline by himself. No player or coach tried to approach him either. Once, Green was sitting by himself on the bench, Mixon started to walk over to him like he was going to say something and Green just got up and walked away from him. AJ is Bungalized and wants out.

Not saying it didn't happen, but it makes 0 sense. Andy threw some dimes today that our crappy WRs dropped. If AJ is in today's game we win. Perhaps he's mad, but it should be at himself, not the team. With AJ on the field we are not winless this year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Compensatory pick!

It would hardly floor me if Mike Brown is currently refusing to take a 1st for AJ and will end up taking a comp pick for him at the end of the year...possibly while AJ sits on the sidelines and doesn't rush back on the field because he's annoyed Mike Brown won't trade him.

But I'm being pessimistic. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not saying it didn't happen, but it makes 0 sense. Andy threw some dimes today that our crappy WRs dropped. If AJ is in today's game we win. Perhaps he's mad, but it should be at himself, not the team. With AJ on the field we are not winless this year. 

He owes this organization nothing. He has been the best player on this team for years, and he is not going to be part of another 3-4 year rebuild. He wants to Win now, get a ring, retire happy.....I don’t blame him one bit.
Reply/Quote