Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Teryl Austin.
(11-01-2018, 02:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think with the defense, against average, below average, and mediocre QB's...they're going to force turnovers.

Against the Roethlisberger's and other good to great QB's...they likely won't and those guys will shred us.

Like the chances of Drew Brees turning the ball over 5 times against us are really low. Could it happen? Sure. But, chances are it won't.

QB's that we're likely to see in the playoffs aren't likely to turn the ball over 4-5 times a game against us.

We have given up lots of yards and points but they have all been good offenses capable of putting up lots of points.  We haven't really laid down against any bad or even mediocre offenses.  

And the defense has been ravaged by injury.

Look who we've been playing at LB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our offense is ranked 23rd in the league.

Yards don't matter as much as points Fred. Our Offense is what has won most of our games.

The Defense showed up in the 2nd half of the Phins game and won that one, want to see that D again.
Reply/Quote
When you have the worst D in the league what can you say really ?

It still blows my mind a little that we're that bad !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:23 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Teryl Austin is hiding behind our record at 5-3 record by saying "hey, count the w's and not the L's, that's all that matters" this guys an idiot. I give all the credit to Bill Lazor and our offense being able to put up enough points to carry Teryl Austins awful gameplan week after week. Can we fire this bozo already? I know Lazors gotta be pissed about the defense not being able to stop ANYONE and him having to carry Teryl on his back. I think players on D are looking at Teryl like he's garbage too saying we should have gave up 800 yards if it wasn't for Winston throwing 4 picks. Teryl Austin's TRASH

Nothing to see here. In Cincinnati, the organization of no accountability, Teryl Austin has landed a position that he can continue to fail at for years to come. I loved how he rubbed it in our faces.... #WereAllLosers
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:23 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Teryl Austin is hiding behind our record at 5-3 record by saying "hey, count the w's and not the L's, that's all that matters" this guys an idiot. I give all the credit to Bill Lazor and our offense being able to put up enough points to carry Teryl Austins awful gameplan week after week. Can we fire this bozo already? I know Lazors gotta be pissed about the defense not being able to stop ANYONE and him having to carry Teryl on his back. I think players on D are looking at Teryl like he's garbage too saying we should have gave up 800 yards if it wasn't for Winston throwing 4 picks. Teryl Austin's TRASH

I don't think the D players have room to throw shade at anyone but themselves. It doesn't matter what kind of scheme the DC is running when you miss every other tackle in a game. Austin is not out there missing tackles......
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think the D players have room to throw shade at anyone but themselves. It doesn't matter what kind of scheme the DC is running when you miss every other tackle in a game. Austin is not out there missing tackles......

REP
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:01 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Nothing to see here. In Cincinnati, the organization of new accountability, Teryl Austin has landed a position that he can continue to fail at for years to come. I loved how he rubbed it in our faces.... #WereAllLosers

Victim mentality is ruining this country.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Victim mentality is ruining this country.

How exactly is that "victim mentality?"
Evidenced by Paul Alexander and Marvin Lewis, I'd say his statement has quite a bit of truth to it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 04:19 PM)Tomkat Wrote: How exactly is that "victim mentality?"

Explain this comment

(11-01-2018, 03:01 PM)mhbsavant Wrote:  I loved how he rubbed it in our faces.... #WereAllLosers
Reply/Quote
I must have missed something... did Austin say something that could be interpreted that way?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 02:38 PM)McC Wrote: We have given up lots of yards and points but they have all been good offenses capable of putting up lots of points.  We haven't really laid down against any bad or even mediocre offenses.  

And the defense has been ravaged by injury.  

Look who we've been playing at LB.

They have been good offenses...which is what we'll be facing in the playoffs. :-)
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 04:40 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I must have missed something... did Austin say something that could be interpreted that way?

Not that I know of.
Reply/Quote
Is he fired yet?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think the D players have room to throw shade at anyone but themselves. It doesn't matter what kind of scheme the DC is running when you miss every other tackle in a game. Austin is not out there missing tackles......

Austin can be at least partially blamed though if he’s asking the defense to try to strip the ball rather than going for a tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Only blitzing 11% of the time is pathetic and the players are not out calling soft shitty zone defense that stops NOTHING
Reply/Quote
The D is talented individually. At all levels.

They just don't play together well. At all. That's on the DC and the Assistant Coaches, but our D has always started the season slow (typically they have it together by this point in the season) and finished strong. That'll have to happen to make the playoffs.

Austin looks like a bad hire, but he's likely here for another 10 years (or if someone foolishly offers him a HC job). So there will be plenty of time to throw him under the bus.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Said it earlier in this Thread and will bring it up again. There's a very good chance Paulie G will be available. Gruden just showed him up on National TV
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Said it earlier in this Thread and will bring it up again. There's a very good chance Paulie G will be available. Gruden just showed him up on National TV

Yes please.

Reply/Quote
Fire him now
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Said it earlier in this Thread and will bring it up again. There's a very good chance Paulie G will be available. Gruden just showed him up on National TV

Gruden is a joke.
Reply/Quote