Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impressions of First Preseason Game
(08-13-2016, 12:08 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Right now, and it is early, I could see the WRs shaking out like this: 

AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
Brandon Lafell
Cody Core
Alex Erickson
Mario Alford

It sounds terrible to say, but I almost wish they hadn't signed Lafell and they could keep Kumerow.  I think the starting WRs could be Core and AJ, with Boyd in the slot.  Erickson backing up Boyd in the slot, Kumerow backing up AJ, and Alford backing up Core at X.  

Nope, You forgot Brandon Tate. He's making catches and looking good as receiver, and the dropped kick, even though quickly recovered only serves to remind the coaches that the first priority of a kick returner is to have the ball. Tate is near perfect in catching and keeping the ball. He's not going anywhere, and every catch he makes this pre season and in camp only reinforces that.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:22 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Get rid of Brown, Hunt and Nugent immediately if not sooner. Addition by subtraction

Really? Who are you going to replace Nugent with that's better and available???
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 07:51 AM)Synric Wrote: Vigil looked very good in the run fits but let couple plays get behind him in pass defense.

Only thing I have to say about Hunt is all the snaps up and down the line he's getting should go to Clarke this week. I would like to see him play strong side and inside rusher.

Cody Core is going to take Lafells job mid season. From day one all we've heard is that he loves to compete well..he showed it. Everyone is mentioning his speed receiving height etc...I loved watching him maul DBs blocking.

Westerman had a nice game held his own in pass pro and had a couple nice blocks would like to see h against better competition.

All in all I was impressed by most of the young guys especially the WRs. Only thing that popped to me as something I'd like to see improved next week is the pass rush from the younger guys....especially the tackles and inside rushers.

Nice thoughts, what you said about Core is exactly the same way i feel right now. Before rookie minicamps and TC i
thought Lafell was a lock to have a good year but if he stays off the field for anymore time Core could seriously make
a run at his spot. He has really improved his route running which was his only weakness.
Reply/Quote
You almost knew Hunt was going to be horrible after the fluff piece a few weeks ago on how he spent time with Kevin Greene and "finally had things click".
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Really? Who are you going to replace Nugent with that's better and available???

Or Hunt for that matter. He's going to get our CBs tested, but he's what we've got.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 03:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Or Hunt for that matter. He's going to get our CBs tested, but he's what we've got.

From what i saw of Hunt last game, a wooden post.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 08:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nope, You forgot Brandon Tate. He's making catches and looking good as receiver, and the dropped kick, even though quickly recovered only serves to remind the coaches that the first priority of a kick returner is to have the ball. Tate is near perfect in catching and keeping the ball. He's not going anywhere, and every catch he makes this pre season and in camp only reinforces that.

I agree with you.  Tate is going nowhere.

Not that I'm a fan...  it's just the way it's gonna shake out.

Coaches like him and though not even close to explosive he's reliable.

I also wouldn't doubt that he knows the ins and outs of the offense and could aid greatly with rooks.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 10:55 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Was there rationale given? I can't find anything. 

I knew something was fishy. Can't believe no one batted an eye.
Reply/Quote