Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that Ha ha'd
(11-28-2018, 08:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except every famous person on earth is treated the same way.  A star wears a dress to an awards ceremony.  Her fans love the dress, and people that don't like her call it garbage.

At the same time some people criticize Melania's Christmas decorations her followers praise them.  

None of this compares to media outlets attacking her constantly like Hillary still has to put up with.

All Hills pales in comparison to POTUS. 

I think the bigger difference is Hills and other famous are attacked because of who they are; I think FLOTUS is attacked simply because who she married. 

But none of that changes the fact that she said she could say she's the most bullied person in the world. Most means highest in volume. And we have a population here and nationally that tells her "You're no that bullied", because.........
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-28-2018, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It being a "dumb ass" thread is your opinion and I look forward to you pointing out more dumb ass threads. Seems like you're emotional.

I am being sincere. FLOTUS said she could argue she's the most bullied person in the US and it has merit. Every thing she does is criticized by members of the Left. 

Of course it may or may not affect her negatively, but when we have referees like you stating "it's not that bad", then they most likely are not affected by it. 

I didn't say attacks on her are "not that bad". I gave examples of people who are attacked more harshly and more frequently to discredit the claim that she is the most bullied (or even one of the most bullied) person. 

But I'm really not surprised that you resorted to a strawman. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-28-2018, 11:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't say attacks on her are "not that bad". I gave examples of people who are attacked more harshly and more frequently to discredit the claim that she is the most bullied (or even one of the most bullied) person. 

People need to stop taking things personally.

Like I said before:  Everyone says YOU should have a sense of humor...until you make fun of something THEY think you should take seriously.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-28-2018, 09:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the bigger difference is Hills and other famous are attacked because of who they are; I think FLOTUS is attacked simply because who she married. 

That's still not quite true. She also gets attacked because she runs an anti-bullying campaign and when faced with the biggest bully of all, who she just happens to be married to, she calls him a great man and a wonderful president.

To which one might say, stick true to your cause and if you can't, just leave it or pick another one. Every other option makes her look a bit ridiculous, and I consider that particular attack justified.
(11-28-2018, 11:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't say attacks on her are "not that bad". I gave examples of people who are attacked more harshly and more frequently to discredit the claim that she is the most bullied (or even one of the most bullied) person. 

No strawman. Folks can read and for some reason you have been compelled to dismiss the fact that she's among the most bullied folks in the world. She's pretty much bullied daily, Nationally. You've provided some "whataboutism" to excuse it. 

I honestly don't see the motivation for asserting she's not the most bullied, but I'm sure it's a noble one.

(11-28-2018, 11:34 PM)hollodero Wrote: That's still not quite true. She also gets attacked because she runs an anti-bullying campaign and when faced with the biggest bully of all, who she just happens to be married to, she calls him a great man and a wonderful president.

To which one might say, stick true to your cause and if you can't, just leave it or pick another one. Every other option makes her look a bit ridiculous, and I consider that particular attack justified.

My bad. I suggested she is slurred simply because who she is married to. Thanks for letting me know that's not true.

(11-29-2018, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My bad. I suggested she is slurred simply because who she is married to. Thanks for letting me know that's not true.

It's not because of it... but well, ok, sure you could say she would go unnoticed and unattacked if she were married to a sales agent from Maryland. Your response rather falls in that category.

Just for nothing really: In my example, her being married to Trump is actually an excuse for her. Take that away and she simply is someone running an anti bullying campaign who doesn't dare to say anything but the most positive things about the biggest bully of all. I feel that makes her look worse.
(11-29-2018, 12:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No strawman. Folks can read and for some reason you have been compelled to dismiss the fact that she's among the most bullied folks in the world. She's pretty much bullied daily, Nationally. You've provided some "whataboutism" to excuse it. 

I honestly don't see the motivation for asserting she's not the most bullied, but I'm sure it's a noble one.

You made a claim and I discredited it with evidence that directly addresses your argument. That's not "whataboutism". You either don't know what "whataboutism" means or you're once again just lying about what I said instead of addressing it. 

edit: I'm just going to leave it at this. I look forward to any future responses that aren't straight up lies.

(11-29-2018, 01:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You made a claim and I discredited it with evidence that directly addresses your argument. That's not "whataboutism". You either don't know what "whataboutism" means or you're once again just lying about what I said instead of addressing it. 

edit: I'm just going to leave it at this. I look forward to any future responses that aren't straight up lies.

I didn't make the claim; FLOTUS did; I just appreciated her point of view. Of course I was just taken aback by those that try to show why she's not as she suggests. 

As I said: Only you know your motivation for doing so. But I'm sure you feel it's noble. 

(11-29-2018, 01:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You made a claim and I discredited it with evidence that directly addresses your argument. That's not "whataboutism". You either don't know what "whataboutism" means or you're once again just lying about what I said instead of addressing it. 

Where I think our conservative friends go astray is they spent eight years saying the Obama's had "no class"...I mean Michelle wore sleeveless dresses for heaven's sake!  Mellow   

And so now that they are gone they insist that the man with the gold plated apartment whose wife posed essentially naked for a living "brought class back" to the WH.  And anyone who disagrees and points out out the past of the current residents is "attacking" the FLOTUS.

Like Fred said, every celebrity gets "insulted".  I don't dig it, but I've made sarcastic/snarky comments about famous people for years.  I used to get paid to do it 30 years ago!   Smirk

The internet is full of people with opinions different than yours, you kind of have to get used to it and not take things personally.
(11-29-2018, 02:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't make the claim; FLOTUS did; I just appreciated her point of view. Of course I was just taken aback by those that try to show why she's not as she suggests. 

As I said: Only you know your motivation for doing so. But I'm sure you feel it's noble. 

No doubt making a thread and calling out people for not agreeing that she was the most bullied person in the world wasn't you supporting the claim.

I can't believe that in our many years posting here, this is the first time when someone started a thread, called out people, promoted a claim, and then people used evidence to reject that claim. It's truly, truly, truly, truly shocking. 

(11-29-2018, 09:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Where I think our conservative friends go astray is they spent eight years saying the Obama's had "no class"...I mean Michelle wore sleeveless dresses for heaven's sake!  Mellow   

And so now that they are gone they insist that the man with the gold plated apartment whose wife posed essentially naked for a living "brought class back" to the WH.  And anyone who disagrees and points out out the past of the current residents is "attacking" the FLOTUS.

Like Fred said, every celebrity gets "insulted".  I don't dig it, but I've made sarcastic/snarky comments about famous people for years.  I used to get paid to do it 30 years ago!   Smirk

The internet is full of people with opinions different than yours, you kind of have to get used to it and not take things personally.

I understand why he's defending her bogus claim. I just think it's silly that someone would feign shock at the fact that they're being taken to task for a thread where they called people out for not supporting a bogus claim.

(11-29-2018, 11:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I understand why he's defending her bogus claim. I just think it's silly that someone would feign shock at the fact that they're being taken to task for a thread where they called people out for not supporting a bogus claim.

One of the things I've learned around here is the ability to admit mistakes or being wrong is very limited for most people.

Some can, some cannot.

It's probably a reason why so many thread devolve into personal tit-for-tats rather than conversations.
[Image: 46950750_2045582912153892_27770522507390...e=5CA7D95A]

This seemed appropriate when I saw it this morning...
(11-29-2018, 11:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No doubt making a thread and calling out people for not agreeing that she was the most bullied person in the world wasn't you supporting the claim.

I can't believe that in our many years posting here, this is the first time when someone started a thread, called out people, promoted a claim, and then people used evidence to reject that claim. It's truly, truly, truly, truly shocking. 

If anyone tells me they are bullied to the point that it seems he/she is the most bullied in the world; I'm going to show compassion. I'm not one to tell them their claim is bogus. And I stand by the assertion that she is arguably to most bullied (as in frequency) in our social media at this time.

You consider the claim bogus. Who is more frequently bullied?

(11-30-2018, 04:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If anyone tells me they are bullied to the point that it seems he/she is the most bullied in the world; I'm going to show compassion. I'm not one to tell them their claim is bogus.

Right. You accused me of showing signs of derangement multiple times. By that, I feel bullied now, probably more bullied than all other people on this planet.
Please deposit your compassion in a timely manner.
(11-30-2018, 06:18 PM)hollodero Wrote: Right. You accused me of showing signs of derangement multiple times. By that, I feel bullied now, probably more bullied than all other people on this planet.

I will cease unless someone else tells you that you are not bullied; then I'll have to reconsider. 

FWIW, I've simply pointed to the signs and symptoms of a malady. If it has helped folks to self discovery along the way I can take solace in the fact that I was able to help in a small way. But as I said: If pointing to the signs and symptoms make you feel bullied; I will cease.

(11-30-2018, 04:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If anyone tells me they are bullied to the point that it seems he/she is the most bullied in the world; I'm going to show compassion.

Really?  You don't think we can question a victim's statement even if she has no evidence to back it up?

When did you change your position on this?  Because not very long ago that you said we could NOT believe the claims of a victim unless she had some proof to back it up.
(11-30-2018, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But as I said: If pointing to the signs and symptoms make you feel bullied; I will cease.

Nah, I'm good. I once accused you of intellectual self-violation, I give and I recieve. I am not bullied.

I will say this though, it is absurd to claim self-perception is the only fact that matters in determining levels of bullying.
There sure is some bullying. And there's also a certain amount of critizism of Melania that can be well argued. And critizism is not bullying.

Hm, I feel like those are usually conservative points, used against an overly sensitive liberal snowflake mentality.
(11-30-2018, 06:18 PM)hollodero Wrote: Right. You accused me of showing signs of derangement multiple times. By that, I feel bullied now, probably more bullied than all other people on this planet.

Without proof you are just destroying a good man's life and reputation. 

Say--what were you wearing if you were bullied? It was one of those alpine caps with a feather, wasn't it?