Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke)
So just for those who aren't familiar with Lance McAlister, let me me set the stage a bit, so to speak. I'll try my very best to paint in this picture for you.

Lance McAlister is a local talk radio guy here in Cincinnati. He does Sports Talk on 700, he does the afternoon show on 1530 during the Reds season, I'm pretty sure he does Bengals Roundtable or one of those live shows, along with a slew of other things (Note: His blog for local coverage is an absolute must read for Cincy sports guys like me. While I don't always agree with him, or love all of his segments, there is no doubt the man has a great blog. I highly recommend it.)

So for those who are familiar with him they probably already know what I'm about to say to describe him. For those that don't... He is probably the nicest guy you'll ever hear on talk radio. IMO, to a fault even. For cynical, grizzled and tired "haters"like me, all of his pleasantness can be almost nauseating at times. I occasionally need some over-reaction from sports talk, some fire, some hate. (Some of you have read my posts) You rarely, if ever, get that from Lance.

The guy is so nice I was reading a tweet he replied to that dropped, what I thought, was a minor curse word with something "language please". Lance is such a good guy that he's not having this type of stuff on his page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9bt5APRf_w So, yeah, in summary, Lance is a nice dude.

Anyhoo, after the UC game on Saturday I thought I'd see what Lance had to say about the game. I hopped on his Twitter page and saw a tweet that something like "6th time ever I've ever had to block someone". My immediate thought was "who the hell managed to piss Lance McAlister off so much that he blocked them?" All of his interactions are always so friendly. His show, his blog, and his twitter are all so damn nice and pretty laid back.

Who the hell is such an asshole that they got this guy worked up?

I was curious so I scrolled a few tweets and got my answer. It was Denny2G or whatever he goes by. His page still has the Bengalsboard mod title on it.

Basically there were a serious of exchanges where Denny was ripping the Reds, ripping Lance, and just being a pretty big dick. To best describe the level of "hate" he was displaying, imagine my thoughts on the Bengals, then times that by at least 5. The whole thing seemed equal parts antagonistic and terribly ironic (if your familiar with Denny).

Let me tell you this, you can't be that positive about one team and that negative about another. You just can't. There are indeed personality traits and expectations that carry over from sport to sport. The levelheaded, happy go lucky fan doesn't turn into an Eagles type fan as the seasons change.

The guy is/was a total fraud. I'm sure most of us knew all along, I know I did. It was clear he was some dork who let something as lame as moderator powers get to his head. The really sad thing is, I bet he either didn't get paid at all or it was minimal. My guess is he got a few free tickets and got to shake a few hands. That's it, And for that he turned into a joke. A phoney. He developed what many, what we used to call "nerds", do, he developed hall monitor syndrome.

1.) I'm glad we now have a place where we can actually talk without it being somewhat agenda driven. And the interesting about that is that I think board relations are better by not being overtly positive. Allowing and listening to negativity has in turn created less negativity. Denny's behavior only make divides worse IMHO.

Thanks to the new team here.

2.) If you want to read the tweets go to Lance's page and scroll down to Feb. 12th. They're right before the UC game stuff. Sorry, I don't know how to grab a screenshot.
Reply/Quote
Denny's not alright. It's really kind of pathetic. Who gets THAT riled up about sports?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn I can't get in my twitter, or I'd go look what he said. I can say one thing, Denny looks like he thinks he's a big shot.
Reply/Quote
Denny is and always was a complete phony ! Not to long after the mother ship launched he started acting like he had access to inside information (he of course didn't) and he wanted everyone to believe he had to tow the company line because he was a big shot.

In short a doucher.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe people still care so much about Denny. Way to bring him back up for more attention, I'm sure he loves it.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 03:03 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So just for those who aren't familiar with Lance McAlister, let me me set the stage a bit, so to speak.  I'll try my very best to paint in this picture for you.

Lance McAlister is a local talk radio guy here in Cincinnati.  He does Sports Talk on 700, he does the afternoon show on 1530 during the Reds season, I'm pretty sure he does Bengals Roundtable or one of those live shows, along with a slew of other things  (Note: His blog for local coverage is an absolute must read for Cincy sports guys like me.  While I don't always agree with him, or love all of his segments, there is no doubt the man has a great blog. I highly recommend it.)

So for those who are familiar with him they probably already know what I'm about to say to describe him. For those that don't... He is probably the nicest guy you'll ever hear on talk radio. IMO, to a fault even.  For cynical, grizzled and tired "haters"like me, all of his pleasantness can be almost nauseating at times.  I occasionally need some over-reaction from sports talk, some fire, some hate. (Some of you have read my posts) You rarely, if ever, get that from Lance.

The guy is so nice I was reading a tweet he replied to that dropped, what I thought, was a minor curse word with something "language please".  Lance is such a good guy that he's not having this type of stuff on his page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9bt5APRf_w   So, yeah, in summary, Lance is a nice dude.  

Anyhoo, after the UC game on Saturday I thought I'd see what Lance had to say about the game. I hopped on his Twitter page and saw a tweet that something like "6th time ever I've ever had to block someone". My immediate thought was "who the hell managed to piss Lance McAlister off so much that he blocked them?"  All of his interactions are always so friendly. His show, his blog, and his twitter are all so damn nice and pretty laid back.

Who the hell is such an asshole that they got this guy worked up?  

I was curious so I scrolled a few tweets and got my answer.  It was Denny2G or whatever he goes by.  His page still has the Bengalsboard mod title on it.

Basically there were a  serious of exchanges where Denny was ripping the Reds, ripping Lance, and just being a pretty big dick.  To best describe the level of "hate" he was displaying, imagine my thoughts on the Bengals, then times that by at least 5.  The whole thing seemed equal parts antagonistic and terribly ironic (if your familiar with Denny).

Let me tell you this, you can't be that positive about one team and that negative about another.  You just can't. There are indeed personality traits and expectations that carry over from sport to sport.  The levelheaded, happy go lucky fan doesn't turn into an Eagles type fan as the seasons change.  

The guy is/was a total fraud.  I'm sure most of us knew all along, I know I did.  It was clear he was some dork who let something as lame as moderator powers get to his head.  The really sad thing is, I bet he either didn't get paid at all or it was minimal.  My guess is he got a few free tickets and got to shake a few hands.  That's it,  And for that he turned into a joke.  A phoney.  He developed what many, what we used to call "nerds", do, he developed hall monitor syndrome.

1.) I'm glad we now have a place where we can actually talk without it being somewhat agenda driven.  And the interesting about  that is that I think board relations are better by not being overtly positive. Allowing and listening to negativity has in turn created less negativity.  Denny's behavior only make divides worse IMHO.

Thanks to the new team here.

2.) If you want to read the tweets go  to Lance's page and scroll down to Feb. 12th. They're right before the UC game stuff.  Sorry, I don't know how to grab a screenshot.

Denny's claim to fame is being the Mod for that forum.. Its pretty sad really.

I like to think he was just another Mike Brown stooge like Hobson.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:11 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Denny's claim to fame is being the Mod for that forum.. Its pretty sad really.

I like to think he was just another Mike Brown stooge like Hobson.

I bet mike brown never met Denny. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:39 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I bet mike brown never met Denny. 

HAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA...  
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 08:45 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Denny is and always was a complete phony ! Not to long after the mother ship launched he started acting like he had access to inside information (he of course didn't) and he wanted everyone to believe he had to tow the company line because he was a big shot.

In short a doucher.

Wasn't his profile picture on the old board, for the longest time, a shot of him next to his ridiculously expensive ride?  I'd say that fits the doucher profile, to a Tee.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Seems like i remember Denny in a golf cart with MB from the old boards.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wasn't his profile picture on the old board, for the longest time, a shot of him next to his ridiculously expensive ride?  I'd say that fits the doucher profile, to a Tee.

Yup, a real self back-patter.  Then there was the picture of him and Son of Paul at training camp......that dude was such a test tube baby.....i.e, he wasn't worth a ****!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Denny always had some sort of access because he would post pictures of training camp even on closed practice days. So its possible that he may have met Mike or someone high on the front office food chain.
Reply/Quote
Lance can be a bit of a Magoo, but when he isn't pimping 1-800 GOT JUNK or "the blog, the blog, the blog", he is a passionate fan of the Reds and Bengals. I always kind of thought of him as the voice of the common fan as he would point out things that drove us nuts and want answers. But, to be fair balanced, he also praised the Bengals when they did things well.

I like Mo Egger a lot better than Lance because he is so damn funny. His continual request to be the Bengals "Manager of Common Sense" is hysterical. The Falcons could have used him at the Super Bowl.

With respect to Denny, he got a lot of hate on the old boards for even being positive...something that I am frequently dealing with. In the early years of the Dalton-Green Era, if you offered any support to Andy Dalton, you were a homer, an idiot, and clearly unable to "watch the game"....or all three. Now, I feel like there are more people in Dalton's camp than those still claiming "he sucks".

Denny would get really defensive when people questioned his loyalty, but I just try to remember the cumulative effect of all the horrible things that have happened to this team over the years. I completely get it, but I am not willing to give up my hopes on the future just because of the shyt storms that have reigned in the past. Denny hammering the Reds is interesting, because they were pretty damn close to advancing in the playoffs just a few years back, and are now rebuilding. Due to the guaranteed nature of contracts in baseball, it is a lot tougher to turn a team around when some of your investments don't pay off.

Either way, I can't say I miss the countless threads of Denny arguing with guys and eventually banning them.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:46 AM)McC Wrote: Seems like i remember Denny in a golf cart with MB from the old boards.

Actually that's right he did.
Reply/Quote
Denny is Yugoslavian for douche bag. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:46 AM)McC Wrote: Seems like i remember Denny in a golf cart with MB from the old boards.

Correct

(02-15-2017, 10:54 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Denny always had some sort of access because he would post pictures of training camp even on closed practice days. So its possible that he may have met Mike or someone high on the front office food chain.

I'd agree to a point,

I'm sure Denny had a little more access than the common fan. But he tried to act like he had "real" insider information, like he sat in on team meetings, was in the board room during personnel discussions, etc.

He didn't in any way have the access he wanted us to believe !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 01:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Correct

I'd agree to a point,

I'm sure Denny had a little more access than the common fan. But he tried to act like he had "real" insider information, like he sat in on team meetings, was in the board room during personnel discussions, etc.

He didn't in any way have the access he wanted us to believe !

Well he was a paid employee of the Bengals. I think I remember him saying it was a side job, but he got compensated for moderating the old boards. I bet he got paid in Mike Brown's toe nail clippings.

Frankly im glad they closed those boards down. I was tired of the franchise stooges on there that would try and crucify anyone who criticized the team or management.
Reply/Quote
Thanks Wes, this is too funny.
I enjoyed the nostalgic Denny trip down memory lane.
Haaaa I think that is hilarious he got under Lance's skin as he got under all of ours.
Denny lacks what you and I call "self actualization".
Reply/Quote
This isn't the first time Denny has gotten into it with Lance. He seems to always take shots at all Cincinnati teams that aren't the Bengals.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
There was this other person named Mulligan that would always argue with me about free agency. I'd say the Bengals needed to bring in 1 or 2 free agents to put them over the top. They'd argue that our drafts were awesome, that we retained our own, and that we were budgeting money for the future for AJ and Andy.

26+ years without a playoff win and counting.

The funny thing too is that the Reds and Bengals have a lot of parallels with how they are managed. They pretty much have to nail drafts to be competitive because they won't be adding high end free agents.
Reply/Quote