Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foster Moreau Visits
(03-20-2023, 04:23 PM)QueenCity Wrote: OJ Howard signed with the Raiders - perhaps a signal to Moreau they have moved on?

Hope this doesn't drag out come be a Bengals!

I really hope there are ongoing talks with him and the Bengals. I think it would be a great fit for everyone involved and I would like to see more than a 1 year deal with him. I hate these rental agreements where they get paid to put their talents on tape for their next team.
Reply/Quote
Be another nice piece. As others have said hopefully more than a 1 year prove it deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 04:35 PM)wanga Wrote: Be another nice piece. As others have said hopefully more than a 1 year prove it deal.

IDK, I heard he went to Saints for visit..Im sure Carr is lobbying for him. Would be good feeling to at least land a TE that can start before draft
Reply/Quote
Dalton Schultz to the Texans 1y/9m
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 07:08 PM)kalibengal Wrote: IDK, I heard he went to Saints for visit..Im sure Carr is lobbying for him. Would be good feeling to at least land a TE that can start before draft

I am sure Carr is lobbying for him but the TE room is crowded in New Orleans. Way better chance of being the guy in Cincinnati and you have his other former QB Joey B here.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 07:18 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I am sure Carr is lobbying for him but the TE room is crowded in New Orleans. Way better chance of being the guy in Cincinnati and you have his other former QB Joey B here.

Hes also from the NOLA area so even with a crowded room, he may be inclined to go home.
Reply/Quote
I never was much of a fan of him. Still mad we didn’t make Hurst an offer before the start of FA. Worst case scenario is this draft is loaded with TE’s. Might see 10 drafted in the first 3 rounds. I think the last time I saw a draft with this many talented TE’s was the class Hurst was drafted from. Hope we get a good one or 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 07:21 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Hes also from the NOLA area so even with a crowded room, he may be inclined to go home.

I think playing time is a bit more important. The money he will make he can visit home frequently.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 07:22 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I think playing time is a bit more important. The money he will make he can visit home frequently.

It may but its just an added perk for him that would need to be a slight factor to consider.
Reply/Quote
Keep checking Twitter hoping to find out we signed him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 07:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I never was much of a fan of him. Still mad we didn’t make Hurst an offer before the start of FA. Worst case scenario is this draft is loaded with TE’s. Might see 10 drafted in the first 3 rounds. I think the last time I saw a draft with this many talented TE’s was the class Hurst was drafted from. Hope we get a good one or 2.

I think the reports were that we offered a 1/2 year deal with less guarantees and he wanted the extra year. Don't fault him. His athletic ability will be diminishing soon being over 30 by the time his next contract is over. Likely his last payout.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 11:10 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Keep checking Twitter hoping to find out we signed him.

For the past 4 days...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 07:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I never was much of a fan of him. Still mad we didn’t make Hurst an offer before the start of FA. Worst case scenario is this draft is loaded with TE’s. Might see 10 drafted in the first 3 rounds. I think the last time I saw a draft with this many talented TE’s was the class Hurst was drafted from. Hope we get a good one or 2.

Hurst wanted 3 years and 21 million. We weren’t going to remotely do that
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 11:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hurst wanted 3 years and 21 million. We weren’t going to remotely do that

Nor should we have done close to that. 
Reply/Quote
Wait..Is this guy a doctor too? H G Wells wrote about him, changing animals into people in the classic, The Island of Doctor Moreau?  Now you know why he's not in stripes, but it would be kind of cool changing bengal tigers into people.. Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Visiting twice so hopefully he signs

Can’t go into the draft needing 2-3 tight ends

That’d be all bad
-Housh
Reply/Quote
A second visit is a good sign. I missed that news.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Moreau is a good talent and I'm especially liking the idea of signing him so Duke isn't beholden to picking a TE in the '23 draft. If Moreau joins the team then Duke has options to use round 1 for a Mayer or Washington type or he can wait until later rounds to look at LaPorta or even Kraft, Schoonmaker, or Whyle. Duke could even ignore TE altogether and look at other positions.

If we go into the draft without Moreau then I contend there is a more urgent need to draft one.

I've not looked ahead. Are there any anticipated June 1 cuts the Bengals might target as a FA during the summer at the TE position?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 09:21 AM)Housh Wrote: Visiting twice so hopefully he signs

Can’t go into the draft needing 2-3 tight ends

That’d be all bad

Where did you see this?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:17 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Where did you see this?

James Rapien of Locked on Bengals said he’s coming back or came back for a second visit
-Housh
Reply/Quote