Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Fox News continues climb in ratings
I'm an independent and IMO Trump as a GOP candidate is just ASS. That said I thought the moderators the other night did a very solid job actually and it was great to see some normal GOP candidates that I would consider voting for in 2024. The indy vote is the key and with Trump thats not happening.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 08:59 AM)pally Wrote: What this has to do with the trustworthiness of Fox, I dont know.  

I try to treat people with respect and that includes transgendered people.  I also understand there is a whole lot we don’t know about the human body or mind.  So unlike some people, I am willing to believe, until proven otherwise that gender, like sexuality, is not as black and white as we once believed and can exist across a spectrum.  I am open minded enough to understand the arguments that being woman is more than simply having a vagina and ovaries and being a man is more than testicles and a penis.  That maybe it takes more than a simple combination of X and Y chromosomes for proper expression of gender.  
In the meantime, I don’t get hung up on how people identify themselves.

It has to do with the trustworthiness of Fox is because there is an objective reality. 

As far as sex and gender, then what is a woman if it's not defined by chromosomes and physical characteristics? What is a man if it's not defined by those?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 10:55 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I'm an independent and IMO Trump as a GOP candidate is just ASS. That said I thought the moderators the other night did a very solid job actually and it was great to see some normal GOP candidates that I would consider voting for in 2024.  The indy vote is the key and with Trump thats not happening.

You don't like a strong economy or a secure border?

That's my point about today's country is that everyone votes on emotion.

Would you hire a head coach if he was a good guy but had no plan on how to win games and that no players respected over a hard ass coach that got the most out of his players?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 01:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It has to do with the trustworthiness of Fox is because there is an objective reality. 

As far as sex and gender, then what is a woman if it's not defined by chromosomes and physical characteristics? What is a man if it's not defined by those?

While we have learned a great deal over the years about the genome, what we still have to learn is ridiculously great.  We need to know how hormones from the time of conception to the time of birth affects development.  How do secondary genes affect the development of gender and sexuality identity? Nurture vs Nature hasn't been conclusively identified in human sexuality

Scientific conclusions change as knowledge grows.  And just because you are unable to look past what we currently know to imagine what else there might be in human development, I'm not

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 01:40 PM)pally Wrote: While we have learned a great deal over the years about the genome, what we still have to learn is ridiculously great.  We need to know how hormones from the time of conception to the time of birth affects development.  How do secondary genes affect the development of gender and sexuality identity? Nurture vs Nature hasn't been conclusively identified in human sexuality

Scientific conclusions change as knowledge grows.  And just because you are unable to look past what we currently know to imagine what else there might be in human development, I'm not

lol.

I ask you a simple question and you try and make it sound all complicated and like you need the highest IQ on earth to answer.

You're a woman or man. How do you know you're a woman or man? How do you know you're a male or female?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 01:40 PM)pally Wrote: While we have learned a great deal over the years about the genome, what we still have to learn is ridiculously great.  We need to know how hormones from the time of conception to the time of birth affects development.  How do secondary genes affect the development of gender and sexuality identity? Nurture vs Nature hasn't been conclusively identified in human sexuality

[Image: d65fe00c-5263-4b6d-b2c5-c8a4ad282d5d_text.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 10:55 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I'm an independent and IMO Trump as a GOP candidate is just ASS. That said I thought the moderators the other night did a very solid job actually and it was great to see some normal GOP candidates that I would consider voting for in 2024.  The indy vote is the key and with Trump thats not happening.

You mean you didn't look at Trump's mugshot and say "Wow, I'm a republican for life now!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 01:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Would you hire a head coach if he was a good guy but had no plan on how to win games and that no players respected over a hard ass coach that got the most out of his players?

Is Trump the guy who gets the most out of his players?  He sure didn't coach up Doug Mastriano, Hershel Walker, that guy Mark Kelly beat in AZ (I can't recall his name) or Dr. Oz.  Trump insisted on drafting some real busts, there.

EDIT - we are talking about Biden v Trump again even though this is about Fox News' ratings, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 02:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Trump the guy who gets the most out of his players?  He sure didn't coach up Doug Mastriano, Hershel Walker, that guy Mark Kelly beat in AZ (I can't recall his name) or Dr. Oz.  Trump insisted on drafting some real busts, there.

EDIT - we are talking about Biden v Trump again even though this is about Fox News' ratings, right?

It was about success vs just being liked.

Get the hell out of here with your trolling.

It's sad because that's a large amount of your replies to my posts because you have nothing to counter my points.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 03:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It was about success vs just being liked.

A lot of people are saying Trump comes up short on both of those metrics.  Don't kill the messenger, I didn't vote for Biden.

(08-25-2023, 03:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's sad because that's a large amount of your replies to my posts because you have nothing to counter my points.

Trump didn't deliver on the border wall and even pardoned someone who was convicted for stealing funds sent to build it, and as you pointed out he was "killing it" on the economy until a challenge arose that he completely botched. 

Also you didnt comment on the people Trump handpicked to win contested races who blew it.  Success, indeed.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A lot of people are saying Trump comes up short on both of those metrics.  Don't kill the messenger, I didn't vote for Biden.

Who? Snowflake libs that had their feelings hurt by Trump?

(08-25-2023, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump didn't deliver on the border wall and even pardoned someone who was convicted for stealing funds sent to build it, and as you pointed out he was "killing it" on the economy until a challenge arose that he completely botched. 

lol.

Democrats did everything they could to block him from building the wall and other things he was doing to keep immigration down.

He completely botched the challenge of Covid? He out into action and got us a vaccine in record time.

I ask you to stop trolling and you double down.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 03:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Who? Snowflake libs that had their feelings hurt by Trump?

Not a wise strategy to just declare that everyone who has a problem with someone is being unreasonable when that person has already hemorrhaged support.

(08-25-2023, 03:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Democrats did everything they could to block him from building the wall and other things he was doing to keep immigration down.

Yeah, and defenses were doing everything the could to keep Josh Rosen from putting up good QB stats, so what?  Again, as long as Trump doesn't face a challenge, he's a success I guess.

(08-25-2023, 03:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He completely botched the challenge of Covid? He out into action and got us a vaccine in record time.

I ask you to stop trolling and you double down.

I'm not even sure how to get into a discussion about the Fauci Ouchie with a ride or die MAGA dude.

And I'm not trolling.  You're just butthurt that I exemplify the voters who weren't against Trump winning in 2016 but have held him accountable for his political and personal blunders ever since.  The same people MAGA is hoping will suddenly love him now that he's getting arrested constantly. 

Oh and he didn't deliver on locking up Hillary either, and that would have been pretty interesting to see.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 03:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not a wise strategy to just declare that everyone who has a problem with someone is being unreasonable when that person has already hemorrhaged support.

Yeah, and defenses were doing everything the could to keep Josh Rosen from putting up good QB stats, so what?  Again, as long as Trump doesn't face a challenge, he's a success I guess.

I'm not even sure how to get into a discussion about the Fauci Ouchie with a ride or die MAGA dude.

And I'm not trolling.  You're just butthurt that I exemplify the voters who weren't against Trump winning in 2016 but have held him accountable for his political and personal blunders ever since.  The same people MAGA is hoping will suddenly love him now that he's getting arrested constantly. 

Oh and he didn't deliver on locking up Hillary either, and that would have been pretty interesting to see.  

Once again, you're being a troll with nothing of any substance. 

Trump faced challenges from Democrats going after him in everything.

Trump still accomplished a lot, was building a border wall, booming economy, etc. even against all that, so you're arguing my points for me.

The vaccine saved lives and was impactful in limiting the effects. That right there was a hardcore trolling response by you.

You should try trolling someone that can't see through your empty rhetoric. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 03:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, you're being a troll with nothing of any substance. 

Trump still accomplished a lot, was building a border wall, booming economy, etc. even against all that, so you're arguing my points for me.

The vaccine saved lives and was impactful in limiting the effects. That right there was a hardcore trolling response by you.

You should try trolling someone that can't see through your empty rhetoric. 

You don't need to bolsters your posts with your obvious thoughts that I'm a dumbass troll, everyone knows how you feel about anyone who dares to disagree with your version of reality.

People who aren't me voted for Trump in 2016 and then voted for Biden in 2020.  Not everyone who lost faith in Trump after seeing him in action is a troll or a snowflake.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 03:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, you're being a troll with nothing of any substance. 

Sure does suck when the other side does it, huh? Didn't McConnell say something along the lines of the Republican stance was to block anything a certain Democratic president wanted to do? Something something turn about something.

Quote:Trump still accomplished a lot, was building a border wall, booming economy, etc. even against all that, so you're arguing my points for me.

Rode coat tails of Obama's very successful policies, cut taxes on corporations and millionaires, ballooned the deficit at a historic pace, and got 50 miles of chain link fence put up.

Great success.

Quote:The vaccine saved lives and was impactful in limiting the effects. That right there was a hardcore trolling response by you.

Which he immediately told his followers not to take after telling them to ignore all medical advice at slowing the spread of Covid.

Quote:You should try trolling someone that can't see through your empty rhetoric. 

Why is it always trolling when it's simply someone disagreeing with you and poking holes in your claims? That's not trolling - that's called debating.

Trolling would be saying something only to elicit an emotional response out of you. I would do it now to provide an example, but I always cut too close to the quick for my own good.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 02:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: d65fe00c-5263-4b6d-b2c5-c8a4ad282d5d_text.gif]

https://finmasters.com/loaded-question-fallacy/
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 03:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Why is it always trolling when it's simply someone disagreeing with you and poking holes in your claims? That's not trolling - that's called debating.

As I've pointed out while I've never been a republican per se some of my favorite politicians in the past have been the anti-Bush version of McCain, Giuliani (I'm way out on him now), Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Bill Weld, I rather liked John Kasich...people like that.  Now my favorites are Josh Shapiro and Mark Kelly.  The GOP has lost me during the Palin and Trump years and when I point this out the response of "you're a butthurt snowflake idiot who only cares about his feelings and mean tweets" doesn't exactly make me doubt my reasons for moving left.

Amazing how conservatives never tell me I was being an emotional idiot when I moved off Obama after voting for him in 08.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

Yeah I always go to restaurants I don't trust to eat???????????

I guarantee at least 33% of those views were liberals just looking in to see the shit show that is the GOP. 

The candidates are a bunch of ghouls, but really entertaining ghouls, I'll give them that.
Reply/Quote
Good to hear that, it means that there's still decent people around. Thankfully the marxist propaganda is restricted to universities and Democratic linked social medias.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 03:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, you're trolling with insults.

Why did people vote for Biden?

Because he wasn't Trump.

Why did people lose faith in Trump?

Booming economy? Building a wall to limit immigration? Lowest unemployment in half a century? 40 months in a row with more job openings than unemployed people? Middle-class income increase? 7 million new jobs? 

You mean to tell me with all that that Biden got more informed votes than any candidate in history based off of people voting with logic, even though he sat in his basement instead of campaigning? His VP had to call him to tell him he won, that's how pathetic he is.  

That's either election fraud or voters voting based off of emotion. 

Take your pick.

I've accepted the reality that Trump lost votes from independents and republicans, I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink.  Call it fraud, call it voters turning off their brains, bottom line is Trump lost and a refusal to accept that people may actually have valid reasons to give him the hook after 4 years might not help him in 2024.

For all the whining my liberal friends did about Hillary blowing 2016 at least they blamed it on her being crap and moved on to someone else.
Reply/Quote